Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for the compliments.

We have been rather lazy unlike in the months leading up to moving in when we can cover so many places looking for a right piece of furniture or fitting. As it stands, we still need a suitable knife rack or magnetic holder as well as other kitchen accessories and we have been procrastinating our visit to Sia Huat for ages. We are also looking for an arm chair and maybe an actual bookcase for the study.

Next update will be on the kitchen which is amongst our favourite place in the home as we have been cooking, a lot.

how come your tv console so neat??

where is all the wires? May we take a look how you manage it?

Hi kelhy,

this is how the back of the TV and the inside of the console looks like. It is rather tidy at the moment as I have yet to get a Blu-ray home theatre system as well as an Intel NUC hooked up to it. For the Intel NUC, I will likely wait for the 5th generation processors (Broadwell) refresh which is widely expected to be available in Q4 this year.

TVConsoleCableManagement01.jpg

TVConsoleCableManagement02.jpg

TVConsoleCableManagement03.jpg

TVConsoleCableManagement04.jpg

For those who have been following this blog for the networking information, the next photo is dedicated to you. Having a NAS stream contents onto your computers, TV, smart phones and other devices is just so convenient. The added cloud feature means I can access the contents from anywhere with an internet connection, which has proven very useful at times when I have forgotten to sync videos onto my phone for my daily commute.

WesternDigitalMyCloudEX402.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

• Like 3

Wahkao! Ex4!

Anyway Broadwell should be getting delayed as it's having too many outstanding issues.

Haswell is fine in terms of performance, and especially Power Saving/Heat Issue (I'm assuming you gonna use the special bracket to hang it at the back of your tv?), maybe you can consider getting the 4th gen NUC if it's cheap.

Wahkao! Ex4!

Anyway Broadwell should be getting delayed as it's having too many outstanding issues.

Haswell is fine in terms of performance, and especially Power Saving/Heat Issue (I'm assuming you gonna use the special bracket to hang it at the back of your tv?), maybe you can consider getting the 4th gen NUC if it's cheap.

Since Broadwell has already been delayed and the leaked Intel roadmap in February suggested Q4 this year, I can still wait a few months especially when the TV is able to access contents on the NAS through DLNA. However, if I want subtitles along with the video, DLNA or rather the built-in Twonky Media server on the My Cloud EX4 doesn't support them yet. So I will need an actual OS for that purpose as well as for streaming, which I will make do with my work notebook for now.

My old desktop and notebook are from the last Core 2 Duo/Quad generation and are in need of replacement as well. That explains why I have left my desktop to my dad at my parents' place. I am looking for an mini-ITX build and I actually have a Lian Li PC-Q08B from December last year lying around in storage.

I wasn't supposed to get the EX4 first but there was an irresistible price for the 16TB model on Amazon earlier and here it is. The wife made quite a bit of noise about the purchase but I don't see her complaining when she is streaming contents off the NAS. :jail:

Wow, 16TB!!

Yeah, I also planning to get a Intel NUC soon for it's features, to play everything, but the downside will be the cost.

Currently I'm also using my old C2D notebook to play my movies :(

Heard from my colleague that the Mi Box does support playing most format, mkv with subs files. Might considering that too.

Wow, 16TB!!

Yeah, I also planning to get a Intel NUC soon for it's features, to play everything, but the downside will be the cost.

Currently I'm also using my old C2D notebook to play my movies :(

Heard from my colleague that the Mi Box does support playing most format, mkv with subs files. Might considering that too.

Actually if my only requirement is to stream contents from the NAS, the TV or our phones are good enough and I can even live with no subtitles on the TV.

Unfortunately, the TV doesn't allow me to install very specfic streaming clients for my football fix, so I will need an actual system for this purpose and that is where the NUC comes into the picture. It doubles up as an additional PC and simply offers much more versatility.

• Like 2

Time for some live photos of another of our favourite area of the home, the kitchen!

The kitchen is probably the most completed area other than the bathrooms, having already installed all the necessary fixtures and stocked with plenty of appliances. They are all tucked away in storage while not in use. What we are missing is a suitable knife block or magnetic holder that we have been wanting to visit Sia Huat for. A coffee machine probably wouldn't hurt as well so that we will be able to save on coffee beverages expenditure in the long run.

Anyway, enough of words for now.

KitchenLive01.jpg

KitchenLive02.jpg

KitchenLive03.jpg

KitchenLive04.jpg

KitchenLive05.jpg

KitchenLive06.jpg