Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A little insight on the Grohe shower set.

Been using it for months now, no complaints whatsoever.

Perhaps to nit pick is that like all glossy shine finish, the mixer loses the "gleam" and needs to be cleaned to shine again.

My unit was blessed with reasonable water pressure, the hand and rain shower works like a charm. :good:

Particularly like the attached soap dish, solve the issue of needing a shelf and easy access.

The hand shower is decent, with proper water pressure, the spray is even and cover a pretty big area.

Grohe Mixer and Hand Shower RMB1599 per set. Works out to be approx SGD320.00

Link : http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=17768925643&spm=a1z09.2.9.13.N1gy4k

20140526_171618.jpg

20140526_171511.jpg

20140526_171300.jpg

20140526_171241.jpg

20140526_170941.jpg

A little insight on the Grohe shower set.

Been using it for months now, no complaints whatsoever.

Perhaps to nit pick is that like all glossy shine finish, the mixer loses the "gleam" and needs to be cleaned to shine again.

My unit was blessed with reasonable water pressure, the hand and rain shower works like a charm. :good:

Particularly like the attached soap dish, solve the issue of needing a shelf and easy access.

The hand shower is decent, with proper water pressure, the spray is even and cover a pretty big area.

Followed internet tip and used expired stale lemons (leftovers from cocktails also can) for the cleaning.

Just squeeze some juice on the taps/mixers and wipe dry - all natural and cleans all the taps in the house in 2-3 minutes!

Really fast useful! No need Autosol to shine!!! Works to remove the soap suds/water marks on my granite sink as well.

Edited by Saru

Rain Shower

This is one of my favorite item in the house. A good shower eases the tense body and freshen up the mind.

I did not like the conventional rain shower for the length from wall is often too short .

For my place, I am restricted by the piping as seen as well as the box up area. Conventional rain shower if mounted will be a mere 20cm above the head.

Also, with the conventional, I will be standing on the drainage hole directly. :angry2:

So Mr. Foo came up with this brilliant idea, which not only solve the issues but also save a fair bit.

A Grohe entry level rain shower set is approx. SGD6xx during promotion but my Grohe mixer cost only SGD3xx from Tmall.

Throw in the separate shower head from TB for SGD40 and multiply by 2 sets, the savings is significant.

For those interested in the shower head, please see below link.

Though it may be a Taobao shop but I had bought all taps, faucet, bidets from them and so far so good.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.3.7.YpaNls&scm=1007.10152.2215.i13060296982&id=13389872470&pvid=2ba58e8b-814a-46c3-9be2-67f82f52b258

20141102_164435.jpg

Really like your rain shower head which is mounted on the ceiling, a very brilliant idea.

I intend to do the same as well, just worry about the water pressure. Is your rain shower head to thru the water heater?

Any problem with the water pressure? Thanks.

Really like your rain shower head which is mounted on the ceiling, a very brilliant idea.

I intend to do the same as well, just worry about the water pressure. Is your rain shower head to thru the water heater?

Any problem with the water pressure? Thanks.

Water pressure is subjective. We are using a gas heater, so far the pressure is good.

The rain shower head is 8 inch OD, now feel kinda small. Perhaps a 12 inch may be better.

However water pressure may be a concern.

As earlier post, the reach of conventional rainshower is too short for my liking, hence the such arrangement.

Of course the run of piping may be pretty unsightly but this is something definitely I can live with.

Now with the rain shower almost centralized and falling from a height, this is what we really call a Rain Shower. :good:

• Like 1

20141102_173544-1.jpg

I like this. Will it give rise to water marks though, OceanEleven, seeing as it's rather close to the ceiling? Or is there no cause for concern?

Thank you.

I like this. Will it give rise to water marks though, OceanEleven, seeing as it's rather close to the ceiling? Or is there no cause for concern?

Thank you.

No issues of water marks or splashing onto the ceiling. Water falls down like rain. :good:

However if the toilet walls are not tiled to the ceiling, one may experience paint peeling issues in the future.

No issues of water marks or splashing onto the ceiling. Water falls down like rain. :good:

However if the toilet walls are not tiled to the ceiling, one may experience paint peeling issues in the future.

Thank you.

Yes, you are right. You need a converter. Cost is approx. $1 up. I got mine at $1.50. Picture as below.

This extra effort is worth considering the amount saved from getting lighting from TB/Tmall.

Pendant/ceiling/LED/down light have no problem what you mentioned.

Direct joining the wires omitted any plug issues.

UKPlugAdapter.jpg

Hi, I'm really enjoy reading your posts as I'm shopping from TB for my new house!

For the pendant lights with LED bulbs, do you think the bulbs can't be easily found in Singapore next time when we need to replace? This is what my husband worrying about for buying lights from China

Hi, I'm really enjoy reading your posts as I'm shopping from TB for my new house!

For the pendant lights with LED bulbs, do you think the bulbs can't be easily found in Singapore next time when we need to replace? This is what my husband worrying about for buying lights from China

Thanks, glad the posting helps.

Most of of the light bulbs are actually available in Singapore. Just that some may require some searching.

Eg. Not all shops may carry E27 or Edison light bulbs but still they can be found.

Hi OE

How was it working with your ID Mr Foo?

Was the quality of the reno good and pricing resonable?

For me, working with Mr. Foo is a walk in the park. He is easy going and contribute greatly to what you need and want.

He is not a "yes" man, despite you may want this and that but he will give his opinion on your ideas or even simply reject them.

He is creative and good in space planning, offers solutions when facing problems.

On the other hand, he is like me who dont believe in 3D drawing.

If one want to have a 3D look at his ideas, you have to request in the early stage.

As one of my early postings, 3D is a waste of time, efforts and money.

Some folks like it and can wait 2 months for initial draft, amended and final draft and prolong the overall reno timing.

Like all ID/contractor, you have to know what you want, have the slightest idea of what you picture your house.

One cannot simply says "you are the ID, so you tell me." With such mentality, I will shunt such folks, let alone Mr. Foo.

Mr. Foo's pricing is definitely not the cheapest in the market. However those who employ his services are more often satisfied than unhappy. It really depends on how much and what you want to do. One must be realistic, eg budget 20K to do up a 4 room including floor, MBR wardrobe, kitchen cabinet is simply asking for the moon.

One of my favorite from Mr. Foo, is that his carpentry are using internal color PVC as a standard not the usual white.

Yes it cost more, however it is eye please and more lasting then the normal white.

Normal white will turn yellow, stained or even have some mouldy growth as time passed.

Overall, it is your decision and budget to plan.

Just remember, when you are choosing, ID/contractors are also choosing at the same time. :good:

Selling extra cable boxes as follow. Interested please PM me.

Self collect from Jurong.

Black : 41.5cm x 16.5cm x 13.5cm Height (As below pic) Have 2 pcs - $12 each

White : 24cm x 13cm x 9.5cm Height Have 2 pcs - $7 Each

Black : 24cm x 13cm x 9.5cm Height Have 2 pcs - $7 Each

Cable%20Box.jpg

Ok we bought a new toy. After much consideration, promised myself must have determination and perseverance.

Kuving.jpg

I must admit, it is a fine juicer. The juice we manage to extract are heavenly.

As only pure juice are extracted, fine fibers, pulp are almost non existence. This makes drinking extremely pleasant.

Especially for fruits like pineapple and veg like celery. the juice remained but not the pulp.

All good does not means it has no shortcoming. Firstly the hefty price tag is a shoo off. In excess of SGD700, some may argue may get 3 juicers at this price.

Each to their own. For us is bite the bullet and get the job done with minimal effort. Next is the weight and size.

Standing at 448mm when installed makes keeping it a challenge, dismantling it simply takes up more space.

Weighing in at 6.4kg makes moving it a chore and may challenging for petite family member.

Cleaning is a breeze for all parts except for the plastic/metal strainer. (orange part in the pic)

Fine strands of fruit remains often get struck there and require more time and a brush to slowly brush them away.

Still it is a good investment (provided it last).

Then comes the determination and perseverance to keep juicing at least twice a week. Else it is just another white elephant. :good: