Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SuperMama

Going "scandi" On Budget

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

cool...seems like a strong competitor to the Haiku Kotaku

I like this. I feel like ordering this for my hew house... However they use plastic blades,,, ummmm

• Like 1

I like this. I feel like ordering this for my hew house... However they use plastic blades,,, ummmm

Sorry I'm a total noob on this. ABS plastic blade durable? I bought KDK R56SV and baby fan which is PPG material. No idea what's the main pros/con between them. I just looked at price. But if I had excess $$ to spare, I wouldnt think twice about getting Aeratron. Heeeheeheee......

Edited by SuperMama

• Like 1

Updates!

ID arranged to hack the kitchen wall on 18th Feb only to be chased away by HDB's contractor at 11am. Nevermind, I dropped by that night to see but nothing was done at all. WTH HDB??? I informed my ID, so he said he would ask his hacker to go earlier to hack the wall on 19th Feb. Hacking of kitchen's half wall completed in a day :good: ... I dropped by that evening to spot check - hacking was completed and debris all removed, no mess at all BUT cement screeding not even started! :curse: Again, WTH HDB? What kind of contractor did you hire? So irresponsible and unreliable. We are coming to the end of 5th week since I submitted the request...... Argggghhhhhhhhhh! They were supposed to start work on 13th Feb and handover on 21st Feb.

Sorry, please pardon my ranting... I could see how bad my ID felt, he was apologising to us for the delay - which was totally not his fault. We knew he arranged everything in tight schedule for us. Whatever he promised he delivered on time so far. Electrical wiring & SY window installation will be this Saturday :sport-smiley-004: Flooring will be next week once HDB completes the work. Understand that he is also getting our kitchen and bathroom carpentry fabricated too :D

In the meanwhile, ID was scratching his head when we told him our dining table is 1.68m long. Our area is 2.9m but considering the chairs & legspace.... it will be cramped. So, we went back to St@r living and see .....

Dining table - Changed to this, same colour combi and cheaper + shorter @ 1.5m

gallery_57430_7_8417.jpg

Our chairs with armrests cannot fit into the new table so we replaced with these chairs - 2 of them

gallery_57430_7_178763.jpg

Purchases from Taobao

Wonder how the rest of the RTers managed Amcon? I sent an email asking if they would update me on the progress, they replied me "Ordering". One word! Wow, so much for customer service. I went on individual TB site to check on the purchases records - they ordered on 11th Feb, I guess all items should be received by next week? So much guessing :( don't wish to use them anymore.

Budget Furniture list continues...

Ikea is having sale - hooray!!!:D:sport-smiley-004::dribble:

Thinking of this bed....OMG only $69 with slatted bed base! It's solid pine.

fjellse-bed-frame__0186606_PE338792_S4.J

or this @ $199 with slatted bed base (most probably this one since the flooring will be wood colour)

brusali-bed-frame__0173727_PE328183_S4.J

Maybe this beside our grey sofa - $399 (same black pencil legs)

strandmon-wing-chair__0213908_PE369552_S

Love this from Qoo10 ($99) but the Korean seller's review are mostly bad and natural wood colour OOS so dropped :(

gallery_57430_8_29492.jpg

Shortlisted from Taobao... but guess shipping via Peeka will be a lot....

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.417.aWDjrN&id=18367132315

T2oa_XXd4XXXXXXXXX_!!54224625.png

Same table from Picket&Rail @ $299 --- anyone knows where else sells this?

CT8305_oak-02_compressed_large.jpg?v=137

Shortlisted from Taobao... but guess shipping via Peeka will be a lot....

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.417.aWDjrN&id=18367132315

Same table from Picket&Rail @ $299 --- anyone knows where else sells this?

CT8305_oak-02_compressed_large.jpg?v=137

Nice table design.

But me being a careless person and afraid the drinks may spill or slide off the edge

Haha! I tot of that too but I love the curves and it's kinda baby safe.

heya, whats the dimensions of that chair ar? the max that can fit into the table is simi? thanks many many !!

Which chair and which table ah? I didnt measure the dimensions, was at the showroom and pushing in chairs to fit in the new table. Haha. So sad the armrest ones too big. Even the bench cannot be hidden now. But long table must go! Edited by SuperMama

hahahaha okok. dining chairs lor..

I will take measurements when I have the chance! Delivery on 15th March. Lesson learnt, must ensure all selected chairs fit the new table before paying...

Taobao order #2 submitted via Peeka!

Added in this coffee table, some mugs, spoons - thinking of adding more items later after this post. :notti:

The service yard window was installed by a single installer in an hour FLAT. Oh boy....! I'm impressed with the workmanship too. Fast and efficient! Will definitely get them to put up the grilles later. *Couldn't take a proper photo la, tiler was behind me*

gallery_57430_7_10428.jpg

Here is my open-concept kitchen......... *drools*

gallery_57430_7_28991.jpg

and... here is the kitchen wall with the beehives tiles where the tall unit and counter table will be. ID sent this photo to me right after it's done, not so sure about the dark grout line though. Should be white lei.... Will WA him tmr again.

gallery_57430_7_3685.jpg

Electrical wiring was done today as well, can't wait for my TB track-lights to be installed once they arrive in 1.5wks' time. :dancingqueen: Yes, I am using only track-lights for living and master bedroom :P No downlights!

Next week (end Feb):

1. Cement Screed by HDB contractor - Complete by Tuesday

2. Kitchen Base + Carpentry (TBC)

3. Laminate Flooring for whole house

4. Painting by another contractor (waiting for quotation)

5. - Air-con installation (We will only switch on 1 AC at most hence we bought budget Midea Inverter Sys 3 - using Toshiba technology only $2399)

Once laminate flooring is done, delivery of the following can proceed - target by 1st wk March

- All purchases from Hoe Kee (Roz sink, basins, facets, bathroom accessories)

- Taiyo Hob + Tecno hood, Delonghi oven + Panasonic microwave

- Ceiling Fans (KDK R56SV for living+ R48SP for Master bedroom)

- Wall Fan (KDK M40MS for dining)

- Multi-point Instant water heater (Europace)

- Installation of all lighting (from TB & Philips)

- Wall mounting of Sharp TV and Philips sound bar

- Samsung Refrigerator

- Electrolux Washer+dryer

(Sorry, a bit lazy to list down the model no.)

Most probably pop by Ikea next week end to buy the bed, bedside tables, armchair, bench with shoe rack, some toy storage for my baby, etc. EXCITED!!!:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by SuperMama