Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

MORE AND MORE UPDATES! CFO & I bought so many things these few days... So I suppose today will be more of a product-sharing-session if you will... ;)

If you smell smoke in the air, don't be mistaken. It's not from the haze.

THE SMELL IS FROM THE HOLE IN MY POCKET THAT'S STILL BURNING TO THIS DAY. HAHA.

:D(You don't know how long I waited to crack that joke in here. ;))

REVIEW ON #BONA SPRAY MOP (WITH #BONA LAMINATE & TILE CLEANER SOLUTION)

gallery_54206_10_81644.jpg

CFO & I bought the #Bona Spray Mop from the Bugis Junction BHG at the time of the last post & it's time for us to give back to the Renotalk community with a review on it's usefulness! :) The #Bona Spray Mop comes at a whopping $71.70 :jawdrop: (price dated 21st Sep 2014) but so far we have been pretty pleased with the purchase. :good:

As usual, my buddy #MrDFMuscle was the one who recommended this product to me & I think it will come as no surprise to some of you Renotalkers here when I tell you that I had a hard time trying to psycho CFO to allow me to buy the #Bona Spray Mop.. Wahahahaha..

PROS OF #Bona Spray Mop

- Ergonomic handle & spray-squeeze-lever fits into our hands nicely & makes handling easy!

- The mop feels very solid & doesn't creak; doesn't have plasticky-feel & can handle rough treatment

- Benefits of having a spray-on mechanism means that we don't have to lug a bucket of water around

- Spray-on mechanism also ensures that no water puddles are created from mopping or from spillage of the mop water bucket (main bane of laminate/vinyl floorings & the trump card I used to convince CFO of this purchase :P)

- The #Bona microfibre pad at the base makes the push-pull action very very smooth... :)

- The #Bona microfibre pad can be easily detached & washed separately (even in the washing machine!)

CONS OF #Bona Spray Mop

- Expensive lor. (still need to say meh. haha... :notti:)

- You are basically moving the 0.85L cleaning solution around with the spray mop, so it is a tad bit heavier than conventional mops (although from my personal experience, this is negligible & the smoothness of the microfibre cloth more than compensates for the amount of force required to push & pull)

- We used the #BONA LAMINATE & TILE CLEANER solution (be careful not to buy the wrong cleaner type for your flooring, there's another hardwood floor cleaner from #Bona) and it gets a tad bit sticky when you immediately walk on the surface after you've just mopped it. But it's no biggie because it dries right up after a couple of seconds :)

TAOBAO WHITE BLOCK CLOCK & PASTEL-BLUE-AND-BIRCH CLOCK

gallery_54206_8_124543.jpg

Nothing doing. Just sharing because I think they look gorgeous! :wub: And as I predict more queries of links for these 2 products.. I have shared the following below... :)

Link of White Block Clock & other TaoBao purchases found on Post#297

Link of Pastel-Blue-And-Birch Clock & other TaoBao purchases found on Post#368

#EUBIQ ADAPTERS BOUGHT!

CFO & I bought our #Eubiq adapters at a recent sales event by #Eubiq themselves!! There are quite a few variants of adapters.. There are various colours (black, metallic silver, white) & comes in 2 materials (metal or plastic). We actually bought from their retail store at Suntec (nearests MRT station is Promenade Station).. We bought 8x white-coloured plastic #Eubiq adapters but only took 2x British-Standard adapters back home because we are waiting for the stock of the white-coloured international-plug-compatible version to be released!! :D Here are our pictures pictures pictures!!!

gallery_54206_7_158619.jpg

#Eubiq track in the kitchen! Blue LED light comes on when it is clicked in place & energised. :)

gallery_54206_7_118513.jpg

CFO also very cleverly bought these 4x #Eubiq track accessory acrylic hooks for use in the kitchen so that we can hang our cups etc. Each packet of hooks comes in a set of 4.

gallery_54206_8_12555.jpg

White-coloured #Eubiq adapters on our beautiful living area sideboard.. :wub:

To Be Continued...

Edited by leonjennawong

MORE UPDATES TODAY! (this comes after an extensive chemical cleaning by #CalvinTan & #Edgar, now my tiles and glass surfaces are so squeaky clean!! Hehehe *squeak squeak*)

WASHING MACHINE & REFRIGERATOR ARE UP!

My LG stainless-steel-finished 416L fridge has been connected! The silly fridge is so big and bulky, not the cleverest thing to let the delivery man leave it in the middle of my living area & then for us mere mortals to heave around.. #Edgar and I experienced that first-hand. Hahaha.. Other than that peculiar heaving incident, both the fridge & the washing machine seem to be functioning just fine (fingers crossed very extremely tightly and am touching a lot of wood for this one; benefits of having a scandinavian theme is that you have a lot of wood about the place HAHA :P) for the time being, so nothing much to proclaim about :P

gallery_54206_7_61765.jpg

gallery_54206_7_61028.jpg

RINNAI INNER FLAME TEMPERED GLASS COOKING HOB INSTALLED!!

Point to note for new home owners (experienced home owners don't laugh. Hahahaha):

CityGas will disconnect your house's gas piping from the main building gas inlet pipe (you will find your gas meter missing ;)) before you start your renovation, citing safety concerns from gas leaks and incompatible hot works.. :) So... Remember to call up CityGas to reconnect your home (and reinstall the gas meter) to the main building gas inlet pipe! :D

Will need to call them to make an appointment, during which, they will also do the gas hose connection to your cooking hob.. :)(along with the fluid-balance pipe leak check & the soapy snoopy check) Always been intrigued as to why do they call it a SNOOPY check. Hmm. :dunno:

Anyway here is the picture of my tempered glass cooking hob!

gallery_54206_7_165162.jpg

60" SAMSUNG LED TV & SOUNDBAR NOW PUT UP!! (subscribed to Singtel 500Mb Entertainment Bundle)

The LATEST DEFINING MOMENT in our house renovation is the setting up of the TV and Internet access! :good: After the Singtel technician had come and gone, CFO & I both immediately hooked up our phones to the WiFi and I started scrolling through the Singtel Mio TV channels available.. Hehehe I know it's a bit 'suaku' but for us first-time home owners, it's really a heartening moment when you are doing all these things & it hits you that your house is becoming more and more like a home. :wub:

gallery_54206_8_63165.jpg

ELMARK AERONAMIC CEILING FAN ROD SPRAY PAINTED WHITE!!

gallery_54206_8_87444.jpg

#Edgar has very graciously helped to spray paint the 'previously-galvanised-finish' shorter ceiling fan rod into a glorious white colour!!!(can you see the rod in the picture? ;)) Hehehe.. Small little things like this make me so happy. :):):) Woohoo! I think anyone who manages to get #Edgar for their project is seriously lucky too. CFO & I were talking about it the night before and we both agree that he is a very responsible & good guy who follows up on every single thing that CFO & I point out!! :good::good::good:

THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY!!

This weekend has been burned by ACTA course again.. (Both Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm! Can you believe it! :() Gonna meet CFO and shop around for the #Bona floor spray mop etc etc.

Anyway I hope you guys are having a much more relaxed weekend than I am... Hahaha... Ciao! :P

Edited by leonjennawong

Hi leon ,

could you email me the quo and the breakdown as well as Calvin Tan contact miss_izzah@hotmail.com please? Many Thanks!

Edited by aschick

• Like 1

Hi Leonjennawong!

Love how your house turns out! I engaged Poshhome too but not the famous calvin tan (but unfortunately, keys nowhere in sight yet. boo).

Anyway, mind sharing the brand of the rainshower you got and the price, roughly? (Apologize if its been shared earlier on ><)

Thanks!

Love the way your home decor.. I could like to check with you on how do you hang the clock on the home shelter. my clock keeps falling out… help help… thanks

Thanks so much yuna82! :) we have not hang up our clock yet but we actually planned to use the 3M sticky tape hook (the type that you can apparently remove cleanly just by pulling the tape)... Hehe.. But I heard from my dad that for these, you gotta put it up and wait for a couple of hours before hanging any kind of load on it.. Try it out! Heh Heh :P

Love the way your home decor.. I could like to check with you on how do you hang the clock on the home shelter. my clock keeps falling out… help help… thanks

Continued...

MASTER BATHROOM ACCESSORIES ALSO MOUNTED! - Nothing very much different in process from my Common Bathroom, so just enjoy the pictures!! :D

gallery_54206_9_41811.jpg

- Due to space constraints, the piping for the hand spray was routed THROUGH the vanity cabinet! It also hides any unsightly water pipes from most of your view.. :)

- Toilet brush also mounted on the wall near the toilet bowl

- Also hor, in response to previous posts about the cramped space at the toilet bowl... CFO & I just tried to sit on the toilet bowl again just to be sure... No problem!! (trying to buay hiao bai and say that I am very slim. WAHAHAHA.)

gallery_54206_9_47872.jpg

- Moving on from the previous photo, the toilet roll holder (from TaoBao) for my Master Bathroom is directly opposite the toilet bowl (which is why you couldn't see it in the previous photo)... CFO & I checked and concluded that it was the only logical location left to install it, and you know what? When we went to visit one of our neighbours upstairs (she's actually one of CFO's secondary school friends), it turns out they also installed the toilet roll holder in a similar location! HAHA! DECISION VINDICATED. :good:Oooh laa laa...

- Also seen here is our Master Bathroom towel rack (from TaoBao) & towel hook (from #HoeKee)

gallery_54206_9_133851.jpg

And just a simple camera pan to the right to show my towel hook bar (from TaoBao) mounted behind my immaculate bathroom door...

gallery_54206_9_75231.jpg

A look into my Master Bathroom shower area, to show the mounted corner rack (from TaoBao) being as bling as bling can be... :notti:

MAIN DOOR PAINTED WHITE! WOOHOO! - Really cannot stand the appearance anymore and I finally did it. :sport-smiley-018: Painfully torturous, agonizing, excruciating & back-breaking work. All 4 coats of it. Ladies & gentlemen, if you bump into your the painter while they are toiling away in your house, I suggest you march right out and buy a couple of ice-cold cans of Coca-Cola for them; because their job is seriously no joke.... You know what, I think I will lay off painting for a while now.... A long while that is. :bleah:

gallery_54206_8_156296.jpg

For those who are interested in the white paint brand/ model:

- Interior Wall: #Nippon EasyWash with Teflon (8101 White)

- Doors: #Nippon Bodelac (9076 Matt White)

Oh ya, #CalvinTan & #Edgar have already touched up & painted the remaining wall skirtings white too... :D

OKOK! NOW GONNA HAVE TO RUSH OFF TO MEET CFO!!!

WE ARE GOING TO MUSTAFA NOW TO LOOKLOOKSEESEE KTHXBYE. *poof*

Edited by leonjennawong

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!! So many different types of updates for this post that I can't think of an appropriate title for it!! =x All I know is that I have to update my blog... and FAST!! :jawdrop: Oh well, I think I will just make up titles for my sub sections as I go along... Heh heh.. ;)

KITCHEN PIPES PAINTED & WALL-MOUNTED KITCHEN RODS INSTALLED - As the title suggests, my kitchen-ceiling-exposed-PVC-pipes + copper gas pipe + service yard PVC pipes have been painted over! :D

- Kitchen-ceiling-exposed-PVC pipes have been painted pale yellow to give that splash of colour to our zany kitchen! We contemplated painting it matt white to try to 'hide' the ceiling-PVC-pipe as much as possible, but figured that no amount of 'camouflage' short of boxing the whole freaking thing up is going to do anything to improve the aesthetics... So instead of hiding it, we made it even more obvious by POPPING IT!! *cue pop sound* HEHE. :)

- Copper gas pipes painted white to blend in with the wall tiles

- Service yard PVC pipes painted light green to have some consistency with the kitchen cabinets, and to extend the colour impression outwards towards the service yard... :)

Also, CFO & I bought the wall-mounted kitchen rods from #SongCho! Standard stainless steel rods with many different accessory modules you can buy to add-on and hang.. :) See the pictures below!!

gallery_54206_7_76207.jpg

The service yard light green PVC pipes are standing proudly in all their glory... hehe ;)(Oooh you might be able to see my now-painted-white copper gas pipes in the background) And did I mention that my kitchen #Eubiq tracks are up? YEAH! :)

gallery_54206_7_118541.jpg

YELLOW POP! :P From this angle, you can see the location of my wall-mounted kitchen rods that CFO & I bought from #SongCho.. :)

gallery_54206_7_267165.jpg

Close-up of our #SongCho wall-mounted kitchen rods

COMMON BATHROOM ACCESSORIES MOUNTED! - Haiyo, you don't know the amount of work that CFO & I put into when we were marking out the installation-locations of the bathroom accessories... SHEESH. We actually tried to simulate running through day-to-day activities within the bathroom (HAHA YES WE EVEN SAT ON THE TOILET BOWL WAHAHAHA) in order to determine the proper locations for our bathroom accessories based on our habits, arm-reach etc.. We then labelled (alphabets written on masking tape) each and every loose bathroom accessory & did the same for the wall location; So that the contractor can tally the loose bathroom accessory to the wall locations, using the alphabets... :) Tedious but ok la, quite fun. HA! :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_54206_9_80610.jpg

Photo taken from inside Common Bathroom (with door closed):

- Glass shelf bought from #HoeKee;

- Towel Ring + Hook Bar (mounted on door) + Hand Spray + Towel Rack (on the left-hand-side of photo, mostly hidden though) from TaoBao (see older posts for links)

gallery_54206_9_61867.jpg

Close-up of Towel Rack from TaoBao

To Be Continued...

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

Hello koori & kissgurami! (kissgurami don't regret liao move on and enjoy all the other aspects of your reno!! stay positive!! :D)

Hahaha or just paint it back to paint which I am doing :)

Hi there. I LOVE your kitchen floor tiles!! Went Hafary but its out of stock. :(

But anyway, can i check on how do you actually decide on the watts for your track lights? is 7W sufficient? how many will be good enough?

Hey adrianh4rt! THANKS SO MUCH for your kind comments!! I showed CFO your comment and she became so happy with herself!!!Wahaha.. :D I'm sorry it's out of stock now.. Hope they will restock them!

Hmm.. For the track light wattage, it really depends on your house theme... I know of industrial themes where the home owner doesn't have any ceiling lights at all, and only use track lights for illumination! If that's what you might want, then you might need to go for a higher wattage for sufficient illumination. But of course it also depends on the level of 'brightness' that you want for your house.. :) CFO & I prefer a bright-white scandinavian theme, brightly lit by ceiling downlights (#CalvinTan recommended 10W).. So for us, the track lights just provide some accent lighting on the walls to accentuate photos/ pictures etc.... With that in mind, the track light wattage should probably be below the ceiling downlight wattage..

That's just my own way of determining the track light wattage & I'm sure there are different people who do it differently!! Hope I helped!!!:)

• Like 1