Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Yep, you two are right. At the current position, my ID mentioned that shoes have to be slanted in. Shoebox also cannot be fitted in too.

Will see the 3D drawing and maybe take out the 3ft behind the main door and concentrate on the shoe cabinet divider instead..

Yan01, where will your shoe cabinet be? :)

Maviscaste, at the moment the plan is to have a big open living area so future children can run about / play more freely ;) Though from the floor plan it looks huge, I feel the living room is just nice only.. Got a 60" TV so viewing distance shld be alright?

HELLO!! :jammin:

came over ur blog to see my twinnie same colour same theme fellow blogger!

what is ur shoe size? if its 7 and below, confirm can fit. no need to slant. my shoes can go in. i measured already! :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello Jiawen, I see that you are going to put a King Size bed in the master bedroom. Did u "hack" the wall between bedroom 2 and master bedroom? U may need to take note of the walking space left. I wanted to put a king size bed too but I was only left with a 400mm walking space on each side!

Hi!

Just to share, the BCA website provides a list of procedures on how to check for defects.

Hopefully, with a govt agency's guidelines, they can help you identify defects and set your heart at ease.

There are a few guides in the website, so take time to look around. You don't have to buy the guidebooks.

The links are as follows:

In General: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/EnhancementSeries/enhancement_series.html

For tiles only: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/tile.html

For common complaints for tiles: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/Iquas/gpgs/CTiling/CChpt7.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Thanks! Will incorporate this into my useful websites in post #64 ;)

Hi, I thought your dining area look very small. How big is that area?

Hi Harriette, I'm waiting for the detailed space planning & the 3D drawings from my ID at the moment. When I know the size of my dining area i'll let you know? For now, what i've drawn up is not to scale :)

my shoe cabinet will be beside the door, somewhere near your divider but perpendicular ...

you can c my proposed layout of the house

Got it! I need the divider more for feng shui reasons, else your placement of shoe cabinet will be great :good:

Hi!

Just to share, the BCA website provides a list of procedures on how to check for defects.

Hopefully, with a govt agency's guidelines, they can help you identify defects and set your heart at ease.

There are a few guides in the website, so take time to look around. You don't have to buy the guidebooks.

The links are as follows:

In General: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/EnhancementSeries/enhancement_series.html

For tiles only: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/tile.html

For common complaints for tiles: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/Iquas/gpgs/CTiling/CChpt7.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

my shoe cabinet will be beside the door, somewhere near your divider but perpendicular ...
you can c my proposed layout of the house

Yep, you two are right. At the current position, my ID mentioned that shoes have to be slanted in. Shoebox also cannot be fitted in too.

Will see the 3D drawing and maybe take out the 3ft behind the main door and concentrate on the shoe cabinet divider instead..

Maviscaste, at the moment the plan is to have a big open living area so future children can run about / play more freely ;) Though from the floor plan it looks huge, I feel the living room is just nice only.. Got a 60" TV so viewing distance shld be alright?

I don't have a ruler with me at the moment but it seems that the space behind the main door will be too tight for a shoe cabinet.

Another question is that you intend to sit so far away from your TV?

mavicaste is right. the space behind the door is really small ... i think u shld reconsider the shoe cabinet space unless u wan to put ur shoes slanted in ... i think the depth is comparable to the space inside the utility box ... hmmm i have seen alot pple using shoe cabinet as divider ... mayb u can consider? :)

hehe, hope this is useful. btw the shop I bought my lights from are offering free design consultation. you may want to make use of it. =)

Hello! Yup I followed them in FB. Thanks! Will check out the design consultation when I receive my 3D drawings ;)

I think you should hack part of the wall for bed room 2 so you can access the wardrobe from MBR,

Just my 2 cents worth

Hi Songz,

Have discussed this with my hubby before.. and our ID also suggested the same as you to hack the wall. But as we are likely staying for the 5 yrs and moving on to somewhere else, decided to leave the structure as it is without hacking any walls :)

Hope we don't regret after shifting in though =x

Edited by guojiawen

mavicaste is right. the space behind the door is really small ... i think u shld reconsider the shoe cabinet space unless u wan to put ur shoes slanted in ... i think the depth is comparable to the space inside the utility box ... hmmm i have seen alot pple using shoe cabinet as divider ... mayb u can consider? :)

I don't have a ruler with me at the moment but it seems that the space behind the main door will be too tight for a shoe cabinet.

Another question is that you intend to sit so far away from your TV?