Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Moving on to share on our white goods shopping experience!

Have been ogling at the electrical appliances since the time i started sourcing for contractors (that was half a yr back). Of course, decisions made change along the way as well.

Example I wanted a chimney hood coz it just looks prettier. After discussion with a few IDs we met, it was more practical to get slim hood and have extra cabinet on top + don't need to clean the area beside the chimney hood which is quite high up and hard to reach.

So... here's our purchase from Mega Discount Store - they give price guarantee and good sales service. Highly recommended! If we change our mind about what we placed deposit for, still can change items. If they can't match the price, they will also cancel the order and let us buy from another store (which happened for our TV today so for those who don't believe they are this good, it's really true. first hand experience here). After sales service is good :good: Our sales person even sounded apologetic when he couldn't match the other store's pricing and I felt super guilty. Got hubby to call them to cancel our TV as I felt bad.

Samsung was having a CNY promotion in January where selected products purchased & delivered within a certain period come with $50 NTUC voucher, a Samsung vacuum cleaner & a $688 voucher, to be used for any other Samsung products. So we got a washer dryer and used the $688 for our fridge.

Samsung Washer Dryer - WD0804 @ $1039

Samsung WD0804

Samsung Fridge - RT-35FDACDSL @ $111 (after $688 voucher)

Samsung Fridge RT-35FDACD

Bosch Built in Oven - HBN-331E2J

Bosch Built In Oven HBN-331E2J

EF Cookerhood - CH-9202

EF Hood CH-9202

Brandt Hob - TG-1273B in Black Tempered Glass

Brandt Hob TG-1273B

For hood + hob + oven, the sales person helped to mix and match the best amongst all the brands and reduce the pricing for "package purchase" so the overall price is $1400.

He shared that the hood + hob + oven for certain brands, confirm have one item which is lousy which is why they packaged them together to clear stock. It does make sense.

However, I'm still thinking if I should change my hood to brandt too, as it does feel weird to have different brands for hood and hob. Some more the logos can be seen. Like a little japalang. Any suggestions?

After finding a cheaper alternative for our TV at Lion City Co, we headed down to buy. The few differences are that payment at Lion City Co is by cash or nets, and payment must be full. Extra 3.5% charges for CC, which is not there for Mega Discount Store. They also don't really have a showroom, which may be why they can charge lower for the same products as overheads are lower (guessing).

Sharp Aquos LED - LC-60LE631M

Sharp Aquos LED LC-60LE631M

Hubby and I are not huge fans of 3D films (gives us dizziness + headache) & thinks that SMART TVs lag the TV since there's additional processor inside (we prefer to use cable to connect our laptop to the TV when needed). So we bought a non-SMART TV but a huge one. 60" at $1699 :notti: Super worth :good:

Ok my laptop is going flat. Not sure if I left out anything, but I will update more tomorrow!

Edited by guojiawen

ID updated that 3D drawings will be ready between 18 to 20 Feb, just another week plus to go!

I took the chance to ask about the website, he said company entire website is down and will most likely be up again tomorrow.

Guess I worried for nothing? Read too many -ve reno blogs and became paranoid *opps*

heehee issit, that i din know. when its ready den i put tblog :D meanwhile let me admire yours hahaha

i assume so ba, at least by the name =p

i also want to admire yours, so let's hope HDB work fast to release all our keys!

• Like 1

premium one! timber skirting and timber floorings in room. normal glazed tiles in living and dining and alleyway!

capeview hehe

haha, since it's premium BTO, should be better quality then our standard ones. will look forward to your pics when your house is ready! :good:

haha, which project are you from? i think different projects have different finishings.. premium flats have timber flooring in the rooms, mine is all cream ceramic tiles with timber skirting.

premium one! timber skirting and timber floorings in room. normal glazed tiles in living and dining and alleyway!

capeview hehe

Hi guojiawen,

I'm Alice Tan. I just got my new hdb key at Blk 782B, can I have ur contractor phone number due to I saw your quotation with reasonable price. Pls... Thanks

My email: alicetancc@yahoo.com

Hello fellow neighbour,

Have sent you :lol:

ahhhhh we opt for e flooring as well, nice to see e pics!

haha, which project are you from? i think different projects have different finishings.. premium flats have timber flooring in the rooms, mine is all cream ceramic tiles with timber skirting.

Hi guojiawen,

I'm Alice Tan. I just got my new hdb key at Blk 782B, can I have ur contractor phone number due to I saw your quotation with reasonable price. Pls... Thanks

My email: alicetancc@yahoo.com

Hello Neighbour!!

Hope you have a smooth journey throughout renovation process.

Hello fellow neighbour!!

Thank you! Hope your reno is also smooth sailing and we all have a lovely home in a few months time :lol: