Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

that combo may just work. i am also thinking about it. for now, it is mosquito repellent stick on and the zapper. good luck to you. :good:

I think i will try getting a zapper instead. -.-" great idea with the CO2 dispenser tho.. maybe will think about how to do it. I rem from my CRS keeping days.. using sugar yeast and water.. dunno will attract ants instead anot. :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If anyone is wondering what is a zhao tao.. this is it. (please ignore the messiness)

Otherwise known as a 'concrete sink & stove' support. Or is yours only sink support?

My contractor quoted concrete base for both sink & stove support for my place...he didn't even mention wood based. :D

I did see my sister's house sink and stove support are both wood cabinets based and they are still ok after a year....so probably depends on usage? or maybe too early to tell....after all it's only a year. :P

Sorry for being blur and noob ...

I totally catch no ball on this Zhao Tao & 'concrete sink & stove thingy >.<

Haha...I think you've seen the pictures but just didn't realise it. I have pics in my blog too. It's now semi covered by tiles now so probably it's not obvious it's concrete.

The 'legs' [side walls] are made of hollow blocks, the top and bottom is concrete. So your sink and stove will be 'supported' by concrete.

I understand you can choose to do full wooden cabinet and your sink will sit on top of this wooden cabinet.

Of course, like Ning said....problems more likely to happen for wood base if it's not done properly. Wood is 'afraid' of water. :P

there is another way to do this. build a concrete support and wrap the external in laminates. so from the outside, it looks like wood laminated cabinets but inside its is actually concrete. i will be tiling the interior with tiles and choose the same laminates as my kitchen cabinets.

hope that helps

Koori Thanks for the information.

Meaning the part of the sink you all use concrete and not carpentry work to hold the sink ... Right ?

• Like 1

there is another way to do this. build a concrete support and wrap the external in laminates. so from the outside, it looks like wood laminated cabinets but inside its is actually concrete. i will be tiling the interior with tiles and choose the same laminates as my kitchen cabinets.

hope that helps

Yep. That's what will be happening for mine too. The inside is tiled. The outside will be covered by the kitchen cabinet doors with matching laminates as the wooden kitchen cabinets. :)

Koori Thanks for the information.

Meaning the part of the sink you all use concrete and not carpentry work to hold the sink ... Right ?

Yep. The sink will be held by concrete, not by carpentry.

• Like 1

I believe it's how you take care of the carpentry. My previous kitchen was wood carpentry with solid top around sink and stove area, no problem for 14 years. Heavy cooking done. Need to keep them as dry as possible after usage though.

that combo may just work. i am also thinking about it. for now, it is mosquito repellent stick on and the zapper. good luck to you. :good:

Haha.. let me try first. LOL.. if it doesnt work.. i will tell you.

can you share the dining table TB link with me too? thanks!

pm-ed

Otherwise known as a 'concrete sink & stove' support. Or is yours only sink support?

My contractor quoted concrete base for both sink & stove support for my place...he didn't even mention wood based. :D

I did see my sister's house sink and stove support are both wood cabinets based and they are still ok after a year....so probably depends on usage? or maybe too early to tell....after all it's only a year. :P

Mine is only sink support. I dont think i will have use for a stove support. already just a sink suport, my ID headache already.. not sure he headache issit coz its just sink and if its the entire thing, it would have been easier for him.

I think the old school contractors and ID will suggest this. My ID originally refused to do concrete for me and said he will give me a special wood that wont warp.. LOL!! got such thing meh?! the wood made of plastic? :rolleyes: I actually see many ppl carpentary okie for very long although they just use wood support.. but its your place.. im sure you dont wan to take such a risk right?

Actually.. if ur parents house is old enough, you can see the zhao tao already. olden times, they dont even bother using a wood laminate to wrap the zhaotao. its tiled. now we are more vain, we want to wrap it.

Haha...I think you've seen the pictures but just didn't realise it. I have pics in my blog too. It's now semi covered by tiles now so probably it's not obvious it's concrete.

The 'legs' [side walls] are made of hollow blocks, the top and bottom is concrete. So your sink and stove will be 'supported' by concrete.

I understand you can choose to do full wooden cabinet and your sink will sit on top of this wooden cabinet.

Of course, like Ning said....problems more likely to happen for wood base if it's not done properly. Wood is 'afraid' of water. :P

yup yup. i think Koori explained it better than me. :sport-smiley-004::wub:

Edited by NingNing

Hi Ning Ning, could you pm me the solution for the dead space and your id's contact? :) Cheers!

Hi pm-ed.

I believe it's how you take care of the carpentry. My previous kitchen was wood carpentry with solid top around sink and stove area, no problem for 14 years. Heavy cooking done. Need to keep them as dry as possible after usage though.

last time carpentry very solid. my house has a custom made babychair/table that after 27 years, its still standing strong although we have abused it like crazy since young and been passed from family to family.. now you see the workmanship. omg. cmi.

also.. haha. i dont think i will so hardworking dry every time i use it tho.. im lazzy.... :bleah:

Hi alfredt,

Your idea sounds interesting. Can show me photos? You can post the photos in my T-blog if you don't mind.

hope that helps

sure. am out of town right now. will post in your tblog over the weekend.

Hi alfredt,

Your idea sounds interesting. Can show me photos? You can post the photos in my T-blog if you don't mind.