Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yup, it is. Start a account and use. Easy to maintain.

Cons: Once you top up the amount, you have to use it up and no refund of balance.

Hi OceanEleven,

I also intend to order from taobao myself. Checking on the cheapest payment method :)

How much cheaper to pay by alipay than credit card?

thanks thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just received a PUB bill.. our first one!

The feeling of not wanting to pay is creeping up on me. the bill is S$ 110!

Of course.. S$100 is the deposit and S$10 is for the water and rubbish clearing. :curse: the reality of having a new responsibilities is finally sinking in.

Was reading another T-blog and i realize something about the glass screen that is installed in the bathroom..

is it true that the toilets will be hard to clean because the water will be trapped between the kerb and the toilet bowl? anyone have any ideas how to get around it?

Edited by NingNing

• Like 1

Our taobao items: (still have somemore in the other room.. total size is 2.5cbm. :jawdrop:
0dL04QI.jpg?1

That's alot of stuff u bought!

Looking forward to the final assembled look of your house already :rolleyes:

Hi OceanEleven,

I also intend to order from taobao myself. Checking on the cheapest payment method :)

How much cheaper to pay by alipay than credit card?

thanks thanks.

Cheapest but not easiest is to have a China bank account and tag to Alipay. Then you can pay direct and no exchange rates issue.

Else if you have friends or folks working in China, you can "borrow" their bank account but it will be messy, esp if one is calculative (xchange rates, privacy etc)

Next will be the Alipay shopping card. Fixed amount, once bought and no refund. Exchange rate not that enticing but better than Credit cards payment.

Lastly will be paying by Credit Cards direct. Provided saving on purchase is substantial, else not recommended.

One can try when placing order, to compare paying by credit cards and shopping card. The additional amount is quite significant.

Cheapest but not easiest is to have a China bank account and tag to Alipay. Then you can pay direct and no exchange rates issue.

Else if you have friends or folks working in China, you can "borrow" their bank account but it will be messy, esp if one is calculative (xchange rates, privacy etc)

Next will be the Alipay shopping card. Fixed amount, once bought and no refund. Exchange rate not that enticing but better than Credit cards payment.

Lastly will be paying by Credit Cards direct. Provided saving on purchase is substantial, else not recommended.

One can try when placing order, to compare paying by credit cards and shopping card. The additional amount is quite significant.

Thank you so much for the explanation.

What are the list of items you purchase from TB.

I am currently thinking of getting lights & bathroom accessories from there.

Thanks in advance...

What are the list of items you purchase from TB.

I am currently thinking of getting lights & bathroom accessories from there.

Thanks in advance...

The items that I'm buying:

- Toilet accessories ( toilet brush, toilet paper holder, towel rail, shampoo holder)

- Lights ( LED downlights, ceiling lights, pendant lights)

- Basin and cabinet for toilets with mirror

- Kitchen Sink and tap

- Rain shower

- Magnifying mirror

- Hotel plush Towels

- Bed sheets

- insect catcher

- mirror cabinet

- TV bracket

Will probably review as my ID starts to install them as all of them are in crates now. After opening 2 of the crates, my ID advised us to stop opening as after opening, i will not be able to crate them back and it might break if we stack things on top of it.

But, the basin and the cabinet for the kitchen was very nicely packed. The round basin came in good condition :good: !

That's alot of stuff u bought!

Looking forward to the final assembled look of your house already :rolleyes:

Haha! ya... I think im going to turn into a taobao house. LOL :dancingqueen:

• Like 1

The items that I'm buying:

- Toilet accessories ( toilet brush, toilet paper holder, towel rail, shampoo holder)

- Lights ( LED downlights, ceiling lights, pendant lights)

- Basin and cabinet for toilets with mirror

- Kitchen Sink and tap

- Rain shower

- Magnifying mirror

- Hotel plush Towels

- Bed sheets

- insect catcher

- mirror cabinet

- TV bracket

Will probably review as my ID starts to install them as all of them are in crates now. After opening 2 of the crates, my ID advised us to stop opening as after opening, i will not be able to crate them back and it might break if we stack things on top of it.

But, the basin and the cabinet for the kitchen was very nicely packed. The round basin came in good condition :good: !

Can share the link for :

1. Toilet accessories

2. Lights

3. Rain shower.

Thanks in advance

Hi, saw your designer is Johny, we are also considering him.

So far how do you find his services? Any problems so far?

I like the design he did for you. My wife thinks its very nice.

Hi NingNing,

For electronic stuffs like lights/lamps and other stuffs like basin/tap/shower head, is there any specifications to look out for when buying from taobao?

I'm worried they may not suit spore houses? Do you have to consult your ID before buying?

I wanna start buying also hehe.. key collection is end april!

Can share the link for :

1. Toilet accessories

2. Lights

3. Rain shower.

Thanks in advance

i pm you. not sure u want my rain shower tho. hindsight 20/20 i realize it was kinda stupid purchase. haha.

The toilet accessories i dont really recommand. the way it was packaged was BAD. just a carton box only. i havent seen the inside to see if anything has been damaged tho and i got it on sale.

Lights i havent recieved them, (just one recieved only ) but i will pm you the link anyway.

Hi NingNing,

For electronic stuffs like lights/lamps and other stuffs like basin/tap/shower head, is there any specifications to look out for when buying from taobao?

I'm worried they may not suit spore houses? Do you have to consult your ID before buying?

I wanna start buying also hehe.. key collection is end april!

no specs to look out for. Just note that some of the items dont have earth wire which means, its a two pin plug. u can bring it down to any electrical store ask them change for you to 3 pin plug. the voltage in china is the same as singapore.

Sure suit one. if u afraid, get those tt other ppl in singapore buy before. but generally is okie one la..

Yes, consulted with my ID on everything. but i heard from some ppl tt id will not be happy if u buy from taobao then ask them fix coz they no comm to earn. but my id encouraged me to get from taobao coz his other customers also buy from there. Johnny even help me go on taobao to choose the item for me. (esp since my chinese sucks.. he help me to see the size and specs and then advise me which one he choose and ask me to choose from his selection for some items)

You check with ur id if you need to have the items on hand before buying or can buy as they reno.. coz for mine, johnny wanted me to have everything nearly here before he started reno.. so i dragged about 20+ days from key collection before i can reno.

Edited by NingNing

Hi, saw your designer is Johny, we are also considering him.

So far how do you find his services? Any problems so far?

I like the design he did for you. My wife thinks its very nice.

Hi! when you getting your keys? excited?

I find his services so far so good. what my friend said was true. Johnny is quite fussy which is good for us home owners.

He will take the initative to sms me about the progress and ask my opinon on things that we failed to discuss instead of executing based on his own decision (which is what my STUPID office contractor did).

I LOVE my design too!! hehehe.. i just told him what i want, and showed him some pics. but most importantly he picked up on things that I must have said that i didnt realize, and designed accordingly to what i really wanted instead of what i said i wanted. saved me alot of frustration at the end of the day.

Today is TILING DAY!!!:dancingqueen:

Johnny gave me some pictures of the tiling works.. so far so good until he highlighted to me something.

DmIipR5l.png

4sJuzwfl.png

Can anyone see the problem? i cant! but on closer look

vkDym9pl.png

py8LGWIl.png

:curse: HDB did a ****ty job leveling their toilet tiles.. it was more obvious after laying the passage way tiles. because my tiles are 60x60, the jut out and unevenness is more apparent. :~

Option one is i hack the toilet tiles and redo which is impossible!

Option 2 is leave it to johnny who said he can try to even it out as much as possible so we dont hurt ourselves. guess i have to leave it to him le ba.. :bow: lucky he spotted it. coz i wont ever have.

In my service yard, they told making the kerb for the washer already.

Johnny suggested to extend the kerb so that I dont have problems cleaning the side of the sewage pipe which is a tight corner. if not there will be very dusty

8R31Hhdl.png

thumbs up for him thinking for me and taking initiative to think of such solution. He made my reno journey so far stress free by thinking ahead and helping me think of solution before presenting the problem. :good: He's also easy to talk to, and will crack jokes sometimes (although abit cheesy). Most important, can keng gai with him and chum siong one some details and price. :notti:

My flat is well on its way on my reno journey!