Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Welcome. =) i tot it might be helpful. I had to go through a few (alot) of hard knocks before I finally learn how to taobao. so hope to help others avoid it too.

HAHAHA! i know exactly how it feels! i kept procastinating and procastinating, until i couldnt drag anymore than took the plunge.

Actually i will advise using peeka for ur virgin taobao purchase. Coz peeka system is very forgiving and easy to use. If you dunno anything, just call and ask, they can help u. and they are registered company in singapore, so not so scary. bt they are abit ex lor..

Okay! Will update when i eventually buy from taobao ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just to add my 2 cents:

6) Amcon

Language spoken: English / Chinese

Based in: Singapore with few warehouses in China (Guangzhou,Shanghai etc)

Shipping rates: RMB550 per cubic meter plus documentation plus GST

GST: does not assist

Commission: Think is RMB50 per item or free if you order and pay yourself but deliver to their warehouse

Rates: unknown

Transporter: depend on item

Review: I had ordered and paid myself but items still lying in their Guangzhou warehouse.

Pros: Pretty ok freight if you are ordering bulky items.

Cons: They DO NOT open up the cartons to check for damages to the items

Use: Best use for bulky items or consolidating numerous items before shipping

Edited by OceanEleven

• Like 1

Just to add my 2 cents:

6) Amcon

Language spoken: English / Chinese

Based in: Singapore with few warehouses in China (Guangzhou,Shanghai etc)

Shipping rates: RMB550 per cubic meter plus documentation plus GST

GST: does not assist

Commission: Think is 10% per item or free if you order and pay yourself but deliver to their warehouse

Rates: unknown

Transporter: depend on item

Review: I had ordered and paid myself but items still lying in their Guangzhou warehouse.

Pros: Pretty ok freight if you are ordering bulky items.

Cons: They DO NOT open up the cartons to check for damages to the items

Use: Best use for bulky items or consolidating numerous items before shipping

Thanks for the review!

I actually read up about them but end up didnt consider them coz they were charging S$10 per item ordered if u order through them.. i need someone to order for me. haha.. im a noobie in chinese. Also for some reason, May Ho never replied my email enquiry.. =( but i heard they are pretty ok as forwarders..

what sort of items did u order for them to ship? ur items come all okie?

Thanks for the review!

I actually read up about them but end up didnt consider them coz they were charging S$10 per item ordered if u order through them.. i need someone to order for me. haha.. im a noobie in chinese. Also for some reason, May Ho never replied my email enquiry.. =( but i heard they are pretty ok as forwarders..

what sort of items did u order for them to ship? ur items come all okie?

I had ordered shower sets, tables, sink, foot rest,small cabinet etc. All ordered by myself and sent to their GZ warehouse, pending consolidation and shipping.

Think the main issue is paying to TB or Tmall, need a Zhi Fu Bao account and to top up to it.

Only issue is that you have track your own items to ensure arrival to their warehouse via TB/Tmall.

You can give Amcon your freight/delivery num. and they can verify for you but they will not check for you.

As always, there is a risk factor involved with ordering online.

Item can be ok till their warehouse but damage upon reaching Singapore with no prove or what have you.

I had ordered shower sets, tables, sink, foot rest,small cabinet etc. All ordered by myself and sent to their GZ warehouse, pending consolidation and shipping.

Think the main issue is paying to TB or Tmall, need a Zhi Fu Bao account and to top up to it.

Only issue is that you have track your own items to ensure arrival to their warehouse via TB/Tmall.

You can give Amcon your freight/delivery num. and they can verify for you but they will not check for you.

As always, there is a risk factor involved with ordering online.

Item can be ok till their warehouse but damage upon reaching Singapore with no prove or what have you.

WOW! thats alot alot of stuff you ordered!!

ya, that was my roadblock too, the payment portion and I was super unwilling to incur the 3% charge by cc if i were to pay myself. And the tracking i think will not be easy especially if you are me. I can only read probably 1/4 (if im lucky) of the words in any document.

Amcon was popularized by frankman i think.. i think its across the board? all forwarders or agents wont check for you with the exception of peeka. Maybe tts why they are more ex. Thats the reason why i ordered fragile items from them. If really reach warehouse okie, but reach sing broken, then really is LANLAN. LOL.

And the risk factor is what made me hesitate for so long. too many horror stories of items damaged on the way here.. but me being stingy, :bleah: and poor, i rather take the chance then to pay premium for the same item in singapore. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My next treasure will be the dining table tt i was eyeing at smootree and spaceman. taking spaceman's price of S$2500, even if 1 breaks on the way here and i order another and it turns out fine, i will be saving 50% of the original cost. i think its pretty worth it! :jammin:

Thanks a lot for the information for TB

Really tempted ... LoL ~

Songz.. u shld try!! taobao is not very hard to use if you have a good agent. if u have one like mine, you will pull out all ur hair. :curse: changing agent soon. hahaha..

Thanks for the TB info! :good:

no prob! hope to see some of your purchases soon too!

thanks...

Maybe i will try a few items which is confirmed needed like some kitchen / dining lights / bathroom accessories and etc

WOW! thats alot alot of stuff you ordered!!

ya, that was my roadblock too, the payment portion and I was super unwilling to incur the 3% charge by cc if i were to pay myself. And the tracking i think will not be easy especially if you are me. I can only read probably 1/4 (if im lucky) of the words in any document.

Amcon was popularized by frankman i think.. i think its across the board? all forwarders or agents wont check for you with the exception of peeka. Maybe tts why they are more ex. Thats the reason why i ordered fragile items from them. If really reach warehouse okie, but reach sing broken, then really is LANLAN. LOL.

And the risk factor is what made me hesitate for so long. too many horror stories of items damaged on the way here.. but me being stingy, :bleah: and poor, i rather take the chance then to pay premium for the same item in singapore. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Buy something that is solid, such as sinks, shower set, furniture etc.

Furniture are normally come dismantle, in boxes.Inform the seller to pack with wooded crates.

I have yet to receive my items yet, keeping my finger cross.

I found another way to buy from Tabao, albeit the unfavorable rate but perhaps still better than the 3% CC charges.

i ordered from peeka also..easier for noobies..cause i find the previous recommended by a colleague forwarder abit x..but i realised peeka i use econ shipping whilst my recommended by a colleague forwarder i use air freight...maybe for bulk item i might go back to my reconmended forwarder as his charges are cheap..the joy of TB is addictive..i cant read Chinese as its not my mother tongue..had to rely on goggle translate and chrome..so many things to buy so many choices..once u start u cant stop..hahah

Edited by Freakerz

Furniture are normally come dismantle, in boxes.Inform the seller to pack with wooded crates.

I found another way to buy from Tabao, albeit the unfavorable rate but perhaps still better than the 3% CC charges.

Hi there! I'm really new to this forum but I keep seeing ppl talk about tabao. How do u know what to order? It's so technical! And I can't read the Chinese... Lol. Can't even search for stuff properly. Do you guys have special methods?

thanks...

Maybe i will try a few items which is confirmed needed like some kitchen / dining lights / bathroom accessories and etc

Ya songz.. try simple items first.. dining lights maybe buy later.. coz those are fragile items. but definately give it a shot.. you can save alot of money!

Ya I not only tried to buy solid stuff, i also tried to get those with very good review on their logistics.

BTW, i realized today, tt my agent is using amcon for delivery!

hopefully, their packing and stacking is good.. I think the most fragile item i bought was a wash basin tt came with the cabinet. if the item break,,. i also dunno how sia.. haha worse is fitted to the cabinet. im not sure how to replace... :~ now praying hard!!

Which is the other way to buy from Tb?

i ordered from peeka also..easier for noobies..cause i find the previous recommended by a colleague forwarder abit x..but i realised peeka i use econ shipping whilst my recommended by a colleague forwarder i use air freight...maybe for bulk item i might go back to my reconmended forwarder as his charges are cheap..the joy of TB is addictive..i cant read Chinese as its not my mother tongue..had to rely on goggle translate and chrome..so many things to buy so many choices..once u start u cant stop..hahah

Ya super easy for noobies. And its super cheap.. some of the items are about 10% the price of that in Singapore. But some.. after shipping abit bo hua..

Wah u are smart. If chinese is not ur first language and u can order, i think u are quite good! :good: which is the forwarder u use?

Hi there! I'm really new to this forum but I keep seeing ppl talk about tabao. How do u know what to order? It's so technical! And I can't read the Chinese... Lol. Can't even search for stuff properly. Do you guys have special methods?

Welcome!! :sport-smiley-004:

What do you mean what to order? I just look at my house and see what i want to buy, then i search for it. also, bear in mind that some things can ship some cant.. even mirror can be shipped.

u might want to try sea.taobao. or try to google taobao singapore. there is a tab on the top tt u can translate the entire website into chinese.

another alternative is to use aliexpress. its similiar to taobao.. but its using alibaba vendors. sime items u can find on taobao, ull be able to find on aliexpress.

today was a super super super busy day for me..

First day of shifting office.. shift halfway, the forwarder called me! say my items have arrived!!!:dancingqueen: oh so exciting!!!

then after that went to choose my floor tiles. i shall keep the pattern a secret first! wait until i do then i show u all!! hahaha!! i got the last few stocks.. its going to be out of stock already. hehehehe..

my goods are here already.. but, not able to let them send to me.. coz i am still short one item, still on the way here.. oh sian.. its going to take so long for it to reach.. dunno if the items that are already here, will break anot.. i scared they leave at their warehouse and start stacking things on top of it, my basin might really break sia.

Can anyone advise, should i ask them to deliver first? =( and then go and collect the remaining item from the warehouse myself when it arrive.. it is a metal cabinet that is left behind in china,

HOW?! anyone got experience and advise for me?!??1

Edited by NingNing

I guess the special method is to read Chinese. You can try Google translate, cut & paste. Will take time to get the hang of it though.

my goods are here already.. but, not able to let them send to me.. coz i am still short one item, still on the way here.. oh sian.. its going to take so long for it to reach.. dunno if the items that are already here, will break anot.. i scared they leave at their warehouse and start stacking things on top of it, my basin might really break sia.

Can anyone advise, should i ask them to deliver first? =( and then go and collect the remaining item from the warehouse myself when it arrive.. it is a metal cabinet that is left behind in china,

Have you tried asking to deliver first then the rest later? If the last pc is not too much of a trouble, small in package, you can simply ask them to deliver first then.