Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lyamani

Finally Our Own Haven! 3 Room Bto...

Hey guys! Jus wanted to check if any of u had actually totally removed the drying rack at the service yard? We think we may have to remove it cos the way the pipes n outlet pipe n socket has been installed in our svc balcony we may have to stack our dryer slightly higher above our washer which may raise it's height thus may hinder or knock into e drying rack.. Also even without this problem seems like e placement of washer n dryer may be in e way of e rack n it can't even be winded down to be used.thus ID recommended we totally remove it to offset tis issue. But though we have a dryer, u never know wen a need for e poles may come about so if I had a choice I may choose to leave it there but cos of e obstruction guess it has to go.. Anyone did e same?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey guys! Jus wanted to check if any of u had actually totally removed the drying rack at the service yard? We think we may have to remove it cos the way the pipes n outlet pipe n socket has been installed in our svc balcony we may have to stack our dryer slightly higher above our washer which may raise it's height thus may hinder or knock into e drying rack.. Also even without this problem seems like e placement of washer n dryer may be in e way of e rack n it can't even be winded down to be used.thus ID recommended we totally remove it to offset tis issue. But though we have a dryer, u never know wen a need for e poles may come about so if I had a choice I may choose to leave it there but cos of e obstruction guess it has to go.. Anyone did e same?

Will suggest to keep the poles.. I will also be using a dryer, but will be "airing" them at the poles after taking out from my dryer to get the fresh smell from the wind and sun. Not sure if you get what I mean :)

Hi guojiawen yes I totally understand wat u mean..sometimes airing clothes will rid any odd odors clinging to them from either cooking, surroundings etc.. But e issue wit our space is things r installed at all e wrong places n dimensions in e svc yard tats gonna be a prob to put up my dryer on top of my washer..even if it is, think it's gonna be in e way of e poles being winded down so ultimately if u can't wind down e poles u can't get to use them too.... U get my picture, how crazily my fixtures in e svc yard are... 😤

Edited by Lyamani

Hi peeps thot I wud do some further updates.. Things seem to be moving pretty fast amidst the occasional unexpected pop ups tat requires us to find an alternative solution to it etc.. End of it all my laminated wardrobe internal didn't materialize.. dunno y my ID jus seems to find it a waste to spend on coloured internals as it's not gonna be seen rather concentrate on other aspects etc.. He also doesn't ask us to do additional works tat r optional or may be insisted upon if they choose to.. Looks out at areas where we can refrain from doing unnecessary electrical works, though to date we do not know yet how much is our total electrical costs as things r not totally done up yet.. We didn't get to meet e electrician as his timing is very early in e morning n we r only able to visit on afternoons, if so.. So going wit basic power points which is already provided by HDB which seems quite substantial except a couple of silly PowerPoint placements in e kitchen..

You are the pay master, you can insist on what you want, ID can propose or reject but you still calls the shot.

Remember, you will be living in the house and not the ID, each individual has different needs, wants and lifestyle

As for electrical, I had a shot write out in my blog. IMO you should not be too casual with it.

Lots of planning and consideration required. HDB provides with the basic only and not the additional.

Do plan diligently and not live with regrets upon moving in.

Hmm ya quite true cos now we r facing some issues realise we need some additional points..but e electrician is already done wit pulling wires for e lighting points,shifting kitchen points etc so wondering how now..my ID kinda not in favor of adding works after e particular works is done.feeling so stressed wit tis whole thing can't wait for it to be over.. Doesn't help tat am already uneasy n stressed up wit my pregnancy discomforts.. 😰

Hmm ya quite true cos now we r facing some issues realise we need some additional points..but e electrician is already done wit pulling wires for e lighting points,shifting kitchen points etc so wondering how now..my ID kinda not in favor of adding works after e particular works is done.feeling so stressed wit tis whole thing can't wait for it to be over.. Doesn't help tat am already uneasy n stressed up wit my pregnancy discomforts..

Dont be stress, it's a small issue. Just tell your ID that more points needed. TELL. Not discuss.

Just make sure you already know where and how many. Mark it down specifically on site.

Dont let your ID lead the way. Always remember, you are going to live with any unsatisfactory for min 5 years.

Hi OceanEleven, yes I do agree wit u but cos my ID is kinda unhappy wen I add on things to do like e electrician is done wit his wiring for false ceilings etc n den i remembered I may need some extras n he's like must have told me earlier now if I call him back he may charge extra for transportation, my other works will have to be pushed back etc.. Makes it sound n seem like we r e cause for works delay or additional costs ourselves if we choose to do anything extra now. There have been issues tat we sparked off n conversations got bit heated n it soo stresses me wen things happen like tat. Lose my peace wen e communication is strained cos ultimately tis is e person ur entrusting ur house wit n also u don't want him to start showing u black face or start ridiculous charging for extra works tat u may need along e way. U know wat I mean.. Didn't look him up over e weekend was waiting for today to check on updates n speak bout some extras we require.. Dreadful to look forward to how he will react haizz

Edited by Lyamani

can u pm me your ID please?

i think its important that ID , with the experience he/she had in designing houses before, SHOULD suggest the power points before firming up. Like, others put one here for xxx yyy, do u need one? so the blame shouldn't be placed on us.

Something perky today! Received my first ever batch of order from Amazon delivered to me.. So exciting lol..quite happy wit e loot except found some being bigger dimensioned den I expected.. 2nd batch is on e way 😁

image_zpsde9f91f2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi folks.. Been a while since I updated.. Very tired n busy.. Didn't have e patience to be blogging haha.. A lot of progress in our unit since e last time.. Our foyer pebblewash is up, laminate flooring is up, all e carpentry is up, painting done..now is some rectification works den I found here n there n insisted my ID settle for me cos I don't wanna live wit flaws...😁 n waiting for my kitchen quartz top n toilets solid surface tops to be installed, glass backing installation, some additional wiring adjustments etc, touchups n cleanup etc... We r nearing e end very soon wit our housewarming party set on e 27th April,tats like less den 2 weeks away now! So little time n so much to do! Ok now for some sneak peeks..

image_zpsbe95a725.jpg

Kitchen cabinets

image_zps913cf4ee.jpg

Kitchen larder to make good use of e little space left at e sides of microwave oven

image_zpsc4531eac.jpg

Mbr Lshape wardrobe (10ft)

image_zpsbc169054.jpg

Other angle of e room, e back is e platform raise to e bed area

image_zpsc68e0e56.jpg

Wardrobe internals, tis is supposed to be hubby n my side of e wardrobe, e hanging part extends all e way to e deeper corner of e wardrobe so as not to waste space)

image_zpsdc31ce45.jpg

Kids side of e wardrobe, requested for many partitioning as I wanna split their portions so each has sufficient storage space of their own

Edited by Lyamani

image_zps2f565129.jpg

Our pebble wash foyer area

image_zpse439af7c.jpg

Kids room built in bunk bed, e pull out unit was put at e side so it's not shown here

image_zps3f6851d8.jpg

Other angle of e bed with built in study table at e back, still have lots of space at e back we were amazed!

image_zpscb853c71.jpg

Study table across e window

image_zps13f14659.jpg

My first nightshot wit lights on,taken from entrance

image_zps7f664943.jpg

Our tv console

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r692/Lyamani/image_zps66b6d477.jpg

Our passageway, purposely asked ceiling to be painted in darker gray to add some character.. Sick of plain white ceiling! Turned out quite nice, warm cozy look!

Pardon e messiness of e house,though works r getting done they seem bit untidy wit e workstation.. Am happy wit quality of workmanship though was not bad as I feared.. Also they r willing to rectify issues where I'm not satisfied about or r out of our measurements/requirements.. Good so far though of cos not without hiccups!

Edited by Lyamani

Hello! My layout is slightly the same as you.. but when after looking at my flat, I think the MBR is really small!

Can I check is the L shape wardrobe enough to use? and is the bed platform area squeezy?

I am thinking to hack down the wall and use the 2nd bedroom as wardrobe + study.. with sliding door in between the 2 rooms.

Hi, we chose to do a 10ft wardrobe in our room instead of e usual splitting up of min 5ft in each room cos we didn't wanna squeeze up e kids room n congest it for them..we had to crack our head so much to think how to solve e wardrobe issue cos as u can see there's no more area in their room to have a wardrobe.either it wud be blocking e windows or really it's a dumb layout of HDB's..so we decided we will do an Lshape wardrobe in our room which equals to 5+5ft in 2 different rooms n it becomes a 10ft one..I like it cos it gives a walk-in wardrobe feel jus tat it's wit doors.its actually wat we will see wen we walk into e room n out of e MBR toilet.so e bed doesn't face e toilet as well as wen someone walks into e MBR they can't see our bed at open view,more privacy. I wanted e platform area so as to divide out wardrobe n bed space.. Felt all on same ground felt so ordinary n cramped,well tat was my feel.as for e bed space,we bought a King sized storage bed as I wanted lots of storage space which our bed really wud give..all my extra comforters sets,pillows etc can nicely fit there wit extra space to spare,thus my wardrobe doesn't have to share precious space to house those items so it's solely clothes n clothes alone.we have a slightly more den 1ft side table at e platform area which is not shown here will take some pics later on..so our bed is supposed to come right between e side table n back of wardrobe.kind of back to back..maybe a queen bed wud have allowed more space but we wanted a king so it will be a snug fit.i think it's really personal preference..some wud prefer to have more empty space ard but well wit e sizes of houses nowadays how much spare space do we really have?so it's a matter of whether our space is utilized to have all our needs met..we built in a lot of things cos tat way we r able to control e bulkiness,design n compartments etc tat it provides den buy off items tat r fixed measurements n r usually way bulkier n takes up more space..

As for ur hacking of walls etc idea,hmm I think it really depends on ur needs.. If it's a 3 room unit den all u have is 2 rooms n i wonder if u intend to have kids in future n they will be having a room of their own etc..wat bout guests etc? If ur more of an open space person den by all means u cud do so.. Our priority was practicality n how to solve our basic needs,eg sufficient wardrobe space,bed allocation for all e kids wit as much spacious play area for them,study area,much on practicality which turns e place beautiful is a bonus!