Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrslee07

Mr And Mrs Lee's Happy Home In The Making...

Oh, if that is the case, can consider the Panasonic inverter one. Typical 2 door but with freezer compartment below.

Freezer below suit our lifestyle as normally it is the cooling compartment is used more.

So opening, no need to bend down to see things below. Price now is below $1200, think about 600liters external volume.

Dont fancy side by side, individual compartment are small, not good for thing like a whole chicken, a 1kg cake etc.

Also the price is another issue, higher by a few hundreds or even 1K. Size also matters, HDB small kitchen dont suit side by side as well.

Side by side reduces table top space, for other appliances and preparation of food.

Hi OceanEleven,

Care to share why a Panasonic Inverter?

I mean there are tons of brands/models out there.

Was it price/tech/the size/looks that fit your criteria?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi OceanEleven,

hi OceanEleven,

Yes please share... as we're also looking at Fisher & Paykel who is well-received for their fridge.

And bottom freezer compartment... hmm really never experienced this before because traditionally used to top freezer compartment... not sure about it still...

Also read about heat dissipation in concealed/closed TV console cabinet/drawers... anyone have any solutions for this?

Was wondering if can get the carpenter to cut some holes at the back and install PC fans (read somewhere) but dust will sure accumulate there..

or if opening the 'door' of the drawer be sufficient for heat to be dissipated...

Advises anyone? Thanks!

Hi,

I have installed louvre doors in my TV console to allow the heat to disspate.

13570844964_7e11d514f1.jpg

image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

13686518705_812bb659e5.jpg

TV console by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

• Like 2

Went for a walk in Gain City and conclusion as follows:

Seems reasonable:

Washing Machine front load - LG (9kg) with steam wash function (1399)

Dryer - Electrolux (7kg) (700?)

TV - Pyschoed by Sales guy to not look at Sharp but at Samsung (read abt horrible Samsung aftersales but those are Fridges and not TV so still thinking)

Sound System - Sales guy say no point buy those Onkyo/Denon cuz you can't blast... get those off the shelf kind..

Fridge - Quite keen on the Mitsubishi 2 door (1199)

Of course all these are from my point of view, will need to drop by again with the wifey to look see again before firming up...

Can't wait to get our keys... haha

Seems reasonable:

Dunno what model you were looking at, but I got Electrolux vented dryer (7kg) at Courts for $629. Just for reference. :)

And bottom freezer compartment... hmm really never experienced this before because traditionally used to top freezer compartment... not sure about it still...

Not sure if true, but sales person told me no difference 'performance' wise. It depends on your preference on the location of the freezer. Probably good to talk to sales persons to see if there is a different talk for your case. :P

Was told this : If freezer on the bottom, means you dunnid to bend down to get stuff out of the bottom drawer (usually used to put veggies) as they will be located to the higher parts of the fridge instead.

However, now it means you got to bend down to dig for your frozen goods located at the bottom of the fridge.

For me, I think I will buy frozen meats and stuff (e.g. icecream) more than veggies......so I went for top freezer. LOL

Dunno what model you were looking at, but I got Electrolux vented dryer (7kg) at Courts for $629. Just for reference. :)

Not sure if true, but sales person told me no difference 'performance' wise. It depends on your preference on the location of the freezer. Probably good to talk to sales persons to see if there is a different talk for your case. :P

Was told this : If freezer on the bottom, means you dunnid to bend down to get stuff out of the bottom drawer (usually used to put veggies) as they will be located to the higher parts of the fridge instead.

However, now it means you got to bend down to dig for your frozen goods located at the bottom of the fridge.

For me, I think I will buy frozen meats and stuff (e.g. icecream) more than veggies......so I went for top freezer. LOL

haha thanks koori,

i think i got the price wrong.

should be around 629

bottom freezer yes but for mitsubishi larger capacity they only have the normal freezer on top... and frankly doesnt make much diff to us... haha

I was quoted $570 for the same Electrolux EDV 7051 dryer (7kg) by Parisilk (http://www.parisilk.com).

For fridge, you can consider Panasonic as they are the pioneer for the bottom freezer models which you can get it for less than $1000 at Parisilk or Mega Discount Store (http://www.megadiscount.com.sg)

Benefit of bottom freezer model is that it is more energy saving (cold air sinks and use less energy to have coldest section at the bottom). Also, if you use the freezer less frequently, you need not bend down so often as the food and beverages consumed most often are at eye level.

• Like 1

Hi OceanEleven,

hi OceanEleven,

Yes please share... as we're also looking at Fisher & Paykel who is well-received for their fridge.

Well, more of a personal preference. Daily lifestyle issue.

Most of time I find myself using the the cooling more than the freezer to get a cold drink, fruits, snacks etc.

Freezer open only when preparing meals or grab a ice cream.

So I think cooling at the top is a brilliant idea. Mum has one and passing the 5 years mark with no issues as well.

Inverter technology suppose to be more energy saving as well.

So price, look, size, tech fit all for me.

Some folks swear by side by side. My aunt has one.

I see one slot fit in one item, that's it. A bigger cake is a no no.

And the hefty price tag is not enticing as well.

I dont like fridge with ice/water dispenser. Once spoil deem redundant.

Cost of service per trip min $80. Do or dont do also have to pay. Add in labour and parts, maybe $300.

Might as well buy a new one especially if the fridge is 4 years or older.

Some updates from me! Realise I usually post in the beginning of the week and then go MIA... haha... weekends always see us doing something or buying something for the house, that's why.

We checked out Mega Discount Store at KLP on Saturday, and managed to finalise some items for our house because the pricing was really good after comparing with GAB and Parisilk. After all the research, and weighing out what we need... we have decided on these items.

1. Washer - frontload Bosch WAS-28448SG (Made in Germany, slightly high-end model but because we are such clean freaks we foresee that we need a sturdy and reliable washer more than anything else in the kitchen. So hence, budget increased and washer decided). Mega managed to match the price we saw from outside so we were super happy about it!

2. Dryer - since we got a Bosch washer, it then makes sense to get a Bosch dryer so that the stack-up look is complete. we got a 7kg vented dryer from Bosch. Excited about this stacked up look. Yippee!

3. Fridge - Hubby and I researched and decided that we should just get a basic fridge with a trustworthy brand. Hence we decided on a Mitsubishi Electric 2-door stainless steel fridge MR-F62E (traditional top freezer). We don't foresee ourselves doing heavy cooking anytime soon so this fridge should be more than big enough for us.

4. hob - Bosch PBD7331SG, black tempered glass 3 burner hob. I'm so happy to get a good pricing from Mega again for a Bosch product. And I've been eyeing this hob for the longest time... yayyy!

Judging from the above, hubby and I are fans of German-made products... hahaha. Many Bosch items in our home next time, including a Bosch vacuum cleaner which we already have now. Lol.

We haven't got the key collection date yet... sian... but other people from our block (same floor somemore) will be collecting their keys on 15th Apr. I reckon ours will be in the next 2 weeks or so. Very exciting!

Hubby and I managed to sneak into our BTO project and for the first time saw our unit front-door. It was such a surreal feeling to see our very own place... even though it was just the front door. The unit was locked so obviously we couldn't see anything else besides the front door... and maybe the service yard. Hahaha. Happy to say that our block is close walking distance to the carpark, and our unit is not far from the elevator. Our rooms and service yard also do not face neighbouring blocks directly which helps in the privacy of our unit. Yippee yayy, so far so good, loving everything we see (from the outside at least).

• Like 2

Seems reasonable:

Washing Machine front load - LG (9kg) with steam wash function (1399)

TV - Pyschoed by Sales guy to not look at Sharp but at Samsung (read abt horrible Samsung aftersales but those are Fridges and not TV so still thinking)

Sound System - Sales guy say no point buy those Onkyo/Denon cuz you can't blast... get those off the shelf kind..

Fridge - Quite keen on the Mitsubishi 2 door (1199)

Of course all these are from my point of view, will need to drop by again with the wifey to look see again before firming up...

Can't wait to get our keys... haha

Gain city, if you get a few stuff can negotiate the total price down. They can also keep stock for you for couple of months..

Hi, care to share how much you bought the washer and dryer and the hob? If not convenient to say here, can PM me? Thanks.

Gain city, if you get a few stuff can negotiate the total price down. They can also keep stock for you for couple of months..

Haha. Thanks SpySG. in the end it seems like we are only getting A/C from gaincity.

I prefer side load washer. Can stack the dryer on top. If you don't mind Electrolux, my washer $799 and dryer only $499. They usually have sales.

p.s. oops. sorry. Did not realise you already bought. read page one only.

Edited by kstoh

...Sim Lim or Aldephi is a better choice. But for noobs like us those places would be a scary place to venture to without prior knowledge or knowledge of the exact setup we want... haha any one care to advise?

Bottom-line: do not patronise Sim Lim or Aldephi unless you have friends that are familiar with these areas.

Also read about heat dissipation in concealed/closed TV console cabinet/drawers... anyone have any solutions for this?

Was wondering if can get the carpenter to cut some holes at the back and install PC fans (read somewhere) but dust will sure accumulate there..

or if opening the 'door' of the drawer be sufficient for heat to be dissipated...

Advises anyone? Thanks!

For the newer LED-backlit models it ain't so bad, but! If I'm not wrong, if you do read the manual, normally the TV company will recommend a minimum clearance distance between the rear of the TV & the wall.

...ID mentioned this shop is good because they offer on-site warranty and will go replace anything on site if there's any defect with their good...ID also brought us to a lighting shop further down the road at Balestier... can't remember the shop's name suddenly. Also has this on-site and 1 year warranty thingy. Will come down to our place to replace any defect goods or bulbs blow etc...

Actually, I think you may be able to find other shops that offer such levels of after-sales service, just that need to do more legwork. Well, you can always ask for their service terms before you even browse their offerings.

...The TV is giving us a headache now. We were initially thinking of just getting a LED SMART TV (likely 55inch or 60inch) but over the weekend we were introduced to this 4K technology... and the salesman we met at Courts was trying to convince us of buying the newer technology especially when we are considering having a big tv. Hubby said he did notice some difference in resolution and 'lag-time' of the motion pictures... obviously 4K is the better BUT the more expensive one here.

We still have time so will do abit more research and thinking... welcome feedback and thoughts on TV options too if anyone is happy to contribute!...

Know very little about TV, but if it were me, 4K is the minimal I will go for now, if I am getting a new TV. Just some background, film companies are already filming 8K using RED (the brand) cameras for some time already. If I have to choose between a "SMART" TV versus a 4K TV, I will definitely pay for the 4K. 4K, or what the companies market as Ultra-HD, is simply TV that meets a minimum of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines display capability. To put things in perspective, to view your conventional 8MP photos as slideshows on your new TV without up- or down-scaling, i.e. at native resolution, you will have to have a 4K display.

All those so-called 'SMART' televisions with YouTube built-in, Pandora service, Spotify, Hulu, Amazon video, etc., I will rather my money goes to the most important component of a television, i.e. the display. Suppose a firm has to develop a TV with $1000, will you rather $900 goes into the display & $100 goes into the 'SMART' feature, or the other way round? & have you asked the salesman to demonstrate the UX (user experience) of using the TV's remote control to access those 'SMART' contents? & have you also asked the sales person whether the full-range contents of those 'SMART' services are accessible in SG, i.e. particularly those music-streaming & video-rental services?

For me, I'll offload the 'SMART' features onto a set-top box/game console, i.e. AppleTV, Roku, or even the PlayStation or Xbox, than to have it integrated into my TV. Suppose there are upgrades to those services, do you think you will be comfortable upgrading the firmware of your TV, or changing a $1XX set-top box every couple of years? I'm not even sure all 'SMART' TVs have user-upgradeable firmware.

Btw, ask the salesperson if the TV comes with the new integrated digital tuner.