Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Keen to see outcome too! Wow, and I am very impressed that you are going to install 2 bathtubs at home! :)

how much are your bathtubs :D

hahaha oops. i'm not getting bath tubs. the software has nothing else to indicate shower area so I used the "bath tubs" to mark out, that's all.... hahaha. paiseh ah! :rofl:

• Like 1

I always have a power point in the toilet at eye level on the wall beside the basin/mirror and I find it very convenient for hair dryer, shaver etc.

It is away from water source. Not sure about HDB regulations.

This is how the power point in my toilet looks like:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=826092

thanks for adding in the link :) I've saved it to show the electrician. your house is beautiful, btw. love the trees you got!

I think your rooms require more lights if only a row of lights at the top corner.

Dining may be a little dark on the edge ...

I think your rooms require more lights if only a row of lights at the top corner.

Dining may be a little dark on the edge ...

Yep, our bedrooms' ceiling fans come with light kits so that should help. For the living room, I thought of installing a dining pendant lamp, but yet still want the flexibility of moving the table if I need to, so I shelved the idea. My parents' place has a similar lighting layout at the dining area and it works fine for us though. If it really is a bit too dark maybe I'll have to angle one or two track lights at the dining area then... hmm.

But thanks for raising this! I'll update after the lights and furniture are up :P

hahaha oops. i'm not getting bath tubs. the software has nothing else to indicate shower area so I used the "bath tubs" to mark out, that's all.... hahaha. paiseh ah! :rofl:

Hahas, oops-y. Thought still can ask where you're getting them from >.<

Yep, our bedrooms' ceiling fans come with light kits so that should help. For the living room, I thought of installing a dining pendant lamp, but yet still want the flexibility of moving the table if I need to, so I shelved the idea. My parents' place has a similar lighting layout at the dining area and it works fine for us though. If it really is a bit too dark maybe I'll have to angle one or two track lights at the dining area then... hmm.

But thanks for raising this! I'll update after the lights and furniture are up :P

Oh, we have the same idea, I'm skipping dining lights cause my table is to be shifted when guests come and the dining lights make no sense :)

Oh, we have the same idea, I'm skipping dining lights cause my table is to be shifted when guests come and the dining lights make no sense :)

I will mostly not be using dinning lights but ceiling lights only with the same reason as you..

reno started today! the electrician okay-ed adding a power point in the bathroom, but it won't be concealed in the wall. there will be a safety cover for it.

I also requested for 2x13A on the exterior wall of the household shelter. these were intended for charging of phones and stuff. but I found out today that it's illegal to pull points there as it is a load bearing wall + household shelter wall. so no more points there.

electrical works will be completed by tomorrow :)

false ceiling and light boxes will be up over the next few days. Air con installation is on Saturday.

We got a cheapo Midea system 3 that was on discount ($1888! + free brandless robot vacuum) at NTUC Fairprice and will be installing it in all three bedrooms. We're not heavy air con users.

We're thinking of running the trunking along the corridor instead of inside the rooms, in case it gets in the way of any potential full-height wardrobes/shelving. Also not planning to box up the trunking for easier future maintenance.

Any downsides to not boxing up and running trunking along the corridor? Other than it being not pretty... haha. It seems like most new home owners box up their air con trunking!

• Like 1

Any downsides to not boxing up and running trunking along the corridor? Other than it being not pretty... haha. It seems like most new home owners box up their air con trunking!

No downsides as far as i know of, other than the prettiness factor..

Mine is all 'exposed' too. Only a layer of paint over all the trunking...Mine is a resale flat though, so no 'corridors' just went across a whole wall....haha.

No downsides as far as i know of, other than the prettiness factor..

Mine is all 'exposed' too. Only a layer of paint over all the trunking...Mine is a resale flat though, so no 'corridors' just went across a whole wall....haha.

Yeah! High 5! lol

We got a cheapo Midea system 3 that was on discount ($1888! + free brandless robot vacuum) at NTUC Fairprice and will be installing it in all three bedrooms. We're not heavy air con users.

To me, as long as you maintain your air-con and do servicing every 6 months, it should be able to last you a few years. My parents bought Mitsubishi Starmex inverter, less than 2 yrs up the lorry.

Remember, maintenance is important.

To me, as long as you maintain your air-con and do servicing every 6 months, it should be able to last you a few years. My parents bought Mitsubishi Starmex inverter, less than 2 yrs up the lorry.

Starmex uplorry in 2 years, that is a real surprise. Mine last Starmex lasted 10 years.