Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Starmex uplorry in 2 years, that is a real surprise. Mine last Starmex lasted 10 years.

Yeah man, maybe never service at all. Lol...

does anyone happen to know where to get this laundry rack?

13615114193_7bbd217225.jpg

my parents are using it at their place but they forgot where they got it from :unsure:

http://www.tame.com.sg/

1 of the forummer bought it but different design, cant remember who is it.

dropped by the new place earlier and the wiring works look done!

living room

13617275944_be7c76f800.jpg

master bedroom

13616933043_e6986b0ab5.jpg

kitchen

13617271784_17c92fe7d1.jpg

was wondering what happened to all my switches and plugs... found them piled nicely in a corner of the storeroom :sport-smiley-018:

13617275664_7970774de8.jpg

our aircon is up! installation yesterday went smoothly. a team of three guys arrived at the door at 1.30pm. appointment was between 1-3pm and i wasn't expecting them to be this early so was pleasantly surprised. :thumbs up:

13661765993_f10d82fa14.jpg

13661740245_0f5eb02824.jpg

the guys were professional and did a nice, clean job with the trunking. minor complaint is that the drainage pipe exit is placed too close to the hinge on my floor trap so now I can't open my floor trap fully... only realised after they left. may need to get my contractor's plumber to help cut the pipe a bit shorter. but it's not a big problem. whole installation was done in under 3.5 hours. fast!

craftbricks for my living room brick wall, false ceiling materials, cement, and hollow blocks for kitchen sink support also arrived yesterday :sport-smiley-004:

13661773413_9ec42161aa.jpg

13661748205_44f3beef68.jpg

Edited by lemoncandy

i think it may be intentional. My aircon is not installed yet, but my contractor already warned me that the drainage will be close to the floor trap.

To open it, i will need to push back the pipe.

can you take a picture of the drainage pipe at the floor trap ?

• Like 1

i think it may be intentional. My aircon is not installed yet, but my contractor already warned me that the drainage will be close to the floor trap.

hey alfredt, I'll try taking a picture when I go over tomorrow night. :)

• Like 1

Lemoncandy, most important thing for aircon is regular servicing and not the pricing and brand.

From what I heard from a friend, its best to service it every 1/2 yr.

(*Hopes this help)

Lights shopping is my LEAST favourite part of the renovation process so far. We planned to get:

- 6 LED down lights for living room

- 7 LED down lights for bedrooms

- 2 tracks + 8 LED track lights for living room and corridor

- 1 LED ceiling light for kitchen

- 1 LED ceiling light for balcony

- 4 ceiling lights for the bathrooms, service balcony and household shelter

After visiting a few light shops, I gave up and threw this part of the reno to the husband. Initially, we intended to get only tracks and track lights from Tao Bao, but I think the physical shopping got to him too, and he decided that we will get EVERYTHING from Tao Bao.

We are getting Philips lights for all of the above, except track lights (no brand). Total cost came up to about $900 including shipping and agent fees (we added in a couple of extra down lights and track lights, just in case). We are using 65daigou. We were quoted about $1.8k for the same items at lightings.com.sg, which I already thought was quite reasonable?

I think it's quite a big risk, given that we have never ordered anything from Tao Bao before this. Package has been shipped from China and will reach SG in 12-16 working days. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

nice planning...

how do you decide on the size of the LED down lights & track lights to buy?

Hi

You doing a full brick wall ? May I know how much did your contractor quote you for the wall?

yup 12ft full brick wall. the quote is $2k+. :)

nice planning...

how do you decide on the size of the LED down lights & track lights to buy?

we checked out the lights at the physical shops first and bought the same on taobao :) length of the tracks was recommended by my contractor.

13739199984_b0afdb5df3.jpg

13739200384_69c0011eb3.jpg

with the pipe there, the floor trap can't open fully (90 deg). if i let go of it, it will snap shut. i also can't push the pipe any further back. if the pipe is moved just a couple of cm to the left i won't have this issue!

Edited by lemoncandy

• Like 1

living room false ceiling and L box are up.

13738841863_683e3225d9.jpg

bomb shelter vents sealed. the one along the walkway will be modified by my contractor somehow so that there will be holes for ventilation... i don't really understand but i'll just trust him to do whatever he said he will do with it...

13738841793_e1a6f9f69d.jpg

partition also done for the 'sunken in' bit in the MBR.

13739201214_bed16797a6.jpg

daigou delivered my lights today too! the philips loot from taobao.

13739200444_08d7af1449.jpg

also bought brandless tracks and LED track lights.

view from my current favourite corner in the house :)

13738842273_f4ba5abeb6.jpg