Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dwinsplace

Hacking Out A Home-Shaped Hole @ Cassia

Not much happening at this point. We have installed the gas heater and routed the gas pipe to the hob area. Waited forever for the guy from citygas to arrive. Called, said he was coming. Called, didn't pick up. Then called he said 15mins. 30mins later called say 10mins. kns.

They came, and the wall I wanted to put on apparently wasn't plastered! It was a new wall that was erected and I did ask the ID before the guys came "so how? We paint around the heater is it?" She just went yeah. But I'm guessing she didn't really get that i was asking about that particular wall. Thankfully the lowering clothes hanger thing that we want to get doesn't span the whole service yard and so I could place the heater on one of the end walls next to the entrance and still have the clothes hanger lower itself without hitting the heater.

Besides that, I'm just waiting for all my TB purchases to get consolidated at the guangzhou warehouse and then hopefully I'll consolidate it for shipping tomorrow. Unfortunately there is ONE light seller who still hasn't shipped out my product so i'll have to send that on another shipment with the TV console that I bought from TB that also hasn't arrived.

Actually, if the guy still doesn't ship by tomorrow, I'm gng to get a refund. :curse:

Oh! Do you guys get this problem of receiving shipments at the warehouse and you don't know what the item is?? The items on Oops are sorted by Shipping number. Which TB doesn't seem to sort by. So I kinda had to manually find which item it was. :jawdrop:

And then some sellers sent my purchase of 3 of the same lights, in three different packages with 3 different shipping numbers, but only listed 1 shipping number on TB!! SO i thought that I had everything, but only found out it was an incomplete order when I saw 2 other unknown packages and messaged the seller.

Overall, it's only been a little tougher cos I have like 16 purchases at the same time and about 23packages. But it made me wonder if this headache was worth paying Oops to do the buying for me. I currently still have 2 packages at the warehouse that i simply CANNOT account for. :P I've asked oops if they can tell me more about the package. Maybe it's a free gift? As long as it's not contraband! :help:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Take example of my table I order, it comes in 3 different boxes due to the parts involved.

Good luck and hope to see your TB loot update soon

Take example of my table I order, it comes in 3 different boxes due to the parts involved.

Good luck and hope to see your TB loot update soon

Apparently my guy shipped, but didn't update TB with the shipping number. And didn't reply my messages. So only when I asked for a refund then he told me it's already shipped.

So thats ONE mystery package solved. I guess the other is the freebie water bottle I saw.

To guys using Peeka DIY shipping, I just learnt that once you prepare something for shipment. Its irreversible! I thought I could bundle and find out a quote and then add other stuff in. Apparently they package it and weigh it to give you the quote so they don't undo the packaging. So I will have a TV console that will be shipped alone it seems. Hope it won't cost too much coming alone that way.

House updates! Wetworks look almoooooost done!

E8C0EE87-C04D-4E01-B66D-0F5EBEB6DF10_zps

The last toilet wall to get tiled.

B2721007-B266-4B74-9168-2F7D0CC15F7E_zps

5EF935B8-5E94-42C8-9E8A-536ED0AEAA07_zps

Hollow brick wall to separate the kitchen counter is up! This will be painted over without plaster so that we see the texture of the brick. The paint will also seal in the grains so that it doesn't flake off.

992AE3C1-0C5C-4DAB-A2F8-DE5F9AA55633_zps

After hacking off the skirting, the tilers noticed that the old tiles near the edge were a bit hollow. So they hacked them out and screeded over before the vinyl gets overlayed. Plus points for dedication! :thumbs up:

1F70EB4A-B69C-4E18-85BC-4213C95E594D_zps

This was an interesting problem! At the shoe cabinet area, we plan to have tiles followed by vinyl. However, the old tiles, plus the screed and then the thickness of the new tile, meant that the height of the floor was raised. But since the vinyl is already thinner than the new tile, it meant there would be a step from the tile to the vinyl. :dunno:

The tiler suggested making a step at first but I thought it would be super silly and probably just irritating to walk over in the long run. So in the end they agreed to slope it out for me. :idea: As long as we don't have furniture thats flush to the floor we should not be able to tell the difference. When you walk over it you can sorta feel it, but it should be ok. :)

Gas heater is also in. The guys came super late and ran the pipe from the side of my kitchen new the main door, around the edge of the ceiling, past the service yard door and down the side of the door to cut into my kitchen counter where the hob will be. They also tapped out one pipe through the corner of the service yard door to fit the gas heater itself. They said that aluminium doors can have a hole cut out to fit around the pipe.

I quite like the copper actually. :sport-smiley-018:

38D899FA-B1A2-460C-9575-E140CB8A42AF_zps

DF2A0E34-0A19-4C1C-87F1-6869FF4AED5C_zps

796067D3-3A1C-4485-8DFF-3D10671EDCA5_zps

Last post today is an irritation.

Old owner pasted some form of privacy plastic film over his window? Maybe he was very sensitive about people peeping at him changing. (he doesn't have a good body) :bleah:

ANYHOW! It looks terrible and now I'm most likely forced to replace the two panes of glass. ID recommends the whole window so that the look and colour will be more consistent. Replacing 2 alone will probably be quite obvious. I tried peeling off a bit but it's glue is the type that will stick to the glass forever. Very hard to remove. 8|

624C0D6B-444E-40BA-AD04-D886B3AF94B1_zps

i thought i read on another T-blog that its possible to remove?

Last post today is an irritation.

Old owner pasted some form of privacy plastic film over his window? Maybe he was very sensitive about people peeping at him changing. (he doesn't have a good body) :bleah:

ANYHOW! It looks terrible and now I'm most likely forced to replace the two panes of glass. ID recommends the whole window so that the look and colour will be more consistent. Replacing 2 alone will probably be quite obvious. I tried peeling off a bit but it's glue is the type that will stick to the glass forever. Very hard to remove. 8|

624C0D6B-444E-40BA-AD04-D886B3AF94B1_zps

Hey i am also doing the same. Such a coincidence on the hollow block

B2721007-B266-4B74-9168-2F7D0CC15F7E_zps

5EF935B8-5E94-42C8-9E8A-536ED0AEAA07_zps

Hollow brick wall to separate the kitchen counter is up! This will be painted over without plaster so that we see the texture of the brick. The paint will also seal in the grains so that it doesn't flake off.

Hey guys! I would like to sell my queen sized bedframe. PM if you're interested.

It's a chocolate brown, pvc leather wrapped, storage bed. (LOTS of storage) The brand is max coil and i've had it for 2 years. The hydraulics have a 10 year warranty and is german made. There's nothing wrong with it, i just wanted to change haha.

Just a note that the frame is very very sturdy and there's a lot of storage so some of you might find that its a little high if you use very thick mattresses.

You would have to arrange your own transportation though. Looking at $700 since it's second hand.

Bedframe_zps0c7bc2b5.png

B02B3556-D62C-4368-B9BE-4B1DBAEE3B6B_zps

83FDC3FE-A408-41CA-8DBE-359B5FFEDBF6_zps

59A77C7B-6570-4197-92B7-C3D74B2DA4B6_zps

i thought i read on another T-blog that its possible to rem

Hey Raydon, after reading your post, i decided to try harder to peel it off and it does rip off! Only the edges have that icky glue left behind. Which my dad says can be easily washed off with soap and water. So yay!!

• Like 1

that's great! :good:

money saved! hahaha

Hey Raydon, after reading your post, i decided to try harder to peel it off and it does rip off! Only the edges have that icky glue left behind. Which my dad says can be easily washed off with soap and water. So yay!!

Not much new to has happened since the last post. Wetworks are pretty much done and we're moving into electrical works. Nice to see the finished toilet with sink ledge and toiletry ledge up! I think it will really be gorgeous once the fittings and lights are installed.

FC7F53A5-DBC6-42B5-83BC-B972A35C9924_zps

4161644B-045A-43B4-96B9-A12F0AA9559A_zps

Finally all the old wiring is gone and you can see burn marks all around the old lights! The previous family might have blown a number of ballasts for it to look like that. Can't wait for the new coat of paint to cover it all up.

Now the house is filled with new spools of wires and wire casings, and I saw them sweeping up the leftover sand and cement. Feels like we're entering a new phase! :thumbs up:

Sadly we still need to use a lot of the normal white casings. It was simply too expensive to go with the black PVC pipe for the whole house. I'm consoling myself that it might look too complicated with all those black lines running all over the place also. (A part of me thinks that it will be nice. :bangwall: The flesh is willing but the pocket is weak. lol)

C41EBC69-D04F-401B-BB84-4AB5C9547233_zps

Was tracing the white casings to all the different lights and switches that we have planned and I noticed that the master bedroom lights were really tucked into a corner even though we wanted the bed to be in the centre of the room. Just goes to show that regular checks are necessary! I'm not saying that the ID is bad, she's handling the matter as I type. But its just another pair of eyes to pick out discrepancies or maybe even details that weren't expressly discussed. You know your lifestyle and needs best. And it never hurts to just ask your ID nicely to confirm a few doubts.

Anyway, hopefully more will be done soon and I'll be able to post more pictures! :jammin:

ur toilet vanity ledge so long!! envious. haha!

Its stretches the ENTIRE breadth of the toilet! Sounds impressive right? Until you take into account that the ENTIRE toilet is tiiiiiiny. lol :bleah:

• Like 1