Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asychanbaby

Our Resort Style Home 5-Room Jurong West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I love planting, so when I moved in to the house I planted some things from the seeds.

Now some of them have germinated.

1.Chilli

14308176782_e3207714b7.jpgIMG_20140531_120041 by asy_moshi_moshi, on Flickr

2.Chinese parsley (cilantro)

14286896356_8b5e750699.jpgIMG_20140531_120032 by asy_moshi_moshi, on Flickr

3. Corriander . I don't know why it's not germinating yet, any advice guys? Is there a special way to plant these?

14308167672_68f188e9ac.jpgIMG_20140531_120028 by asy_moshi_moshi, on Flickr

4. Orchid. (another one I am having problem with. Used to have lots of flowers when i bought it now it all dried up and stalks turn yellowish

14306700991_ab0f381b68.jpgIMG_20140531_120059 by asy_moshi_moshi, on Flickr

5. Money plant ( This grows so fast! I love it so much :)

14123384478_fffff3a582.jpgIMG_20140531_120113 by asy_moshi_moshi, on Flickr

Been super super busy this week so I haven't really get any chance to blog.

The final handover was done and my ID went to get married so any unsatisfactory work for the time being can only be rectified after their honeymoon.

So here are some pics of the current condition of the house.

14371032252_77638b7dcf.jpg

The main door ( my ID quoted us very very cheap for the iron gate) quite satisfied with it.

]14185886478_35f659e8c1.jpg

View of the house with the main door opened

Next will be the area where we put the shoe cabinet and the bomb shelter is.

When i peeked at the neighbour in front they actually converted this place for a study area. Wanted to follow only to realise it will be very squeezy because of our shoe cabinet.

14392669833_01db59674b.jpg

This is the view of our living room and dining room from the kitchen.

14185928100_7f3892189a.jpg

And the view of the dining and (partial kitchen) from the living

14371570054_dba8582f56.jpg

If you see that wall where I framed up my wallpaper there, I intend to buy some kitchen cabinet from IKEA and DIY them myself. As our kitchen is super small, there is very little space for me to put things like microwave, kettle and blah blah blah. So We definitely need some cabinet there.

We went to IKEA and the staff said we can just buy the kitchen cabinet off the shelf and DIY-ed it ourself. As for the table top, we can also buy their pre-cut white table top (120 cm) for $45! yay to IKEA!!

Next is my MBR.

As the passage in my MBR allocated for wardrobe is only 48 cm We were not able to use the normal depth wardrobe(60cm) for our MBR. Luckily for us, we have IKEA that has a wardrobe with depth of 35 cm. So we decided to get that. And as we have a false ceiling on that passageway, our ceiling height is only 238cm. We didn't really take note of that as it was mentioned that they need a minimum height of 250 cm for us to get the 236cm high wardrobe. However, the IKEA installer came and told us that we are still able to use the wardrobe but they would need another way of doing it, instead of doing it lying down first then making it stand up after that they have to assemble the wardrobe upright. This will take longer time so we have to add $30/frame. So in the end we had to add $60 to the assemble charges. But well, it turned out quite okay and almost looked like it is built in custom made for our house.

14392666503_fc4033604a.jpg

14371569354_776d3bf15e.jpg

14371567614_495fd4a5bf.jpg

So our clothes have to be hung this way. I personally feel it is quite convenient and somehow make the wardrobe looks more organised :)

As for our bed, finally it was transferred and so our MBR is really done. We do not have a headboard that's why we feel that we NEED the wallpaper. However, I feel that maybe it will be better if we choose a darker colour wallpaper to really act as a 'headboard' for the bed.

14186047667_7aa8515d52.jpg

We also have dressers to put all our home clothes since we can't hang them

14186135298_07baf29e12.jpg

Hey, i saw that u have ceiling fan with light in your room, is it bright enough with this light only? Or do you have other light install as well?

Hey, i saw that u have ceiling fan with light in your room, is it bright enough with this light only? Or do you have other light install as well?

Hi janicewl, all our rooms we mainly light up the ceiling fan light only. Mine has 2x E27 light kit inside the ceiling fan and we use the Phillips 13W LED bulb and I can say they are very bright. As all light bulbs come in varying lumens, you may not feel it's bright enough if you only use let's say 2x7W LED or 2x10W LED.

Except for my MBR where there is a passage way with a false ceiling, we have to add a 12W LED downlight so that we don't need to put cabinet lighting for our wardrobe. For the other 2 rooms, we only use 2x13W LED bulb which comes with the ceiling fan and they are very bright already :)

I've been pretty much adjusted to my kitchen by now. While the counter top is quite small, I can manage as the only person cooking in the house is me.

The Ariston hob, hood and oven is acceptable. Nothing fantastic but can serve you all the basic functions. Easy to clean and most important of all, there is even heating for the oven. I am very particular with oven that has uneven heating as the make my cake become slanted when it rises. So far this oven is quite okay :)

What I really love most about my kitchen appliance is totally the cast iron pot and pan! It works like magic! Very good heating and it browns my food really nicely giving a very nice aroma to the food.

I'm gonna share my first meal that I cook here.

Chicken rice

14372493655_e66ee22701_c.jpg

14371286022_350e4dbe70_c.jpg

Winter beef stew

14392664953_b596c27bf6_c.jpg

14382259204_a3bb206bf2_c.jpg

Love this cast iron pan, can just leave if the oven for 3 hours and you get the most tender piece of meat :)

• Like 1

And my first batch of singsale order has come!

Pasta maker (S$22)

14196556189_d7d169e666_c.jpg

Shall post here next time when I make my first handmade pasta :dancingqueen:

Another cast iron pan (small one) (S$19)

14196558859_eea9a38180_c.jpg

Knife set (S$69)

14196755817_983dc51464_c.jpg

The brand is called classica, never tried before, shall compare it after I try with the cast iron pan I bought from La gourmet. From singsale is way cheaper though!

I got my La gourmet cast iron pot and cast iron pan for 199 during Courts megastore sale. I already thought it was very cheap as Robinson selling it very very expensive. Just for the griddle already 200+ and the pot like 400+ But when I saw singsale the classica brand they are selling the pot for 40!!! and the pan like 25! I felt super cheated but I feel like still must buy something from there since it's so cheap, so I bought that small cast iron pan for 19! whoahahahaha

• Like 1

I have a question to all the dog lovers out there, what are the requirements for a dog to be HDB approved? Must it be of a certain breed or is there any test that the dog must pass?

Lol sounds really noob but I really want a golden retriever. Super cutee

Hi, small breeds are HDB approved which I think should not weight over 15 kg. 1 dog per house only. Golden retrievers are unfortunately not approved...

• Like 1

Hi, small breeds are HDB approved which I think should not weight over 15 kg. 1 dog per house only. Golden retrievers are unfortunately not approved...

Oww, Last time I ever stayed in this HDB in Toa Payoh, my neighbour actually keeps a Syberian Husky and when I asked whether it's approved, the guy actually says it is because it went for some programme? or microchipped or vaccinated? something along those line. <15kg must be really small then huh? like maltese, pomeranian? Do you keep a dog yourself?

Look at this Gold-ret! sooo cute I just love them

http://www.stclassifieds.sg/sell/pet-adoption/pets-and-pet-care/dog-for-adoption-gold-golden-retriever-for-adoption-spca/ad-3555181

Edited by asychanbaby