Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Nickguthe, design is looking good. Love the look of the kitchen with the subway tiles and wooden cabinets =)

Can I ask you about the feature wall in your toilets? The one with the inbuilt ledge to put toiletries. Thinking of doing something similar. Do you know what is this kind of wall made of? Is it solid or hollow and do you have the option of using any kind of tiles? Can let me know the cost of the wall you did as well? Thanks in advance.

Hi Nickguthe, design is looking good. Love the look of the kitchen with the subway tiles and wooden cabinets =)

Can I ask you about the feature wall in your toilets? The one with the inbuilt ledge to put toiletries. Thinking of doing something similar. Do you know what is this kind of wall made of? Is it solid or hollow and do you have the option of using any kind of tiles? Can let me know the cost of the wall you did as well? Thanks in advance.

Hi mechu81, thank you!

It is solid. We selected the tile we wanted and let our contractor know. For the ledge part, it is a big tile. For 1 toilet's feature wall, it cost less than $1k for the tiles we chose.

Glass shower screen is up with the alcove/ cubby/ niche/ shower feature :) ... Decided to stick with our original plan of not installing a door as we don't like hinges and rusty parts. Can't wait to see them with the carpentry!

19_CommonBath.JPG

19_CommonBath2.JPG

19_MasterBath.JPG

19_MasterBath2.JPG

Nice! i love the honeycomb looking tiles... but i decided to not go for it as maintenance is a chore... i support the half shower screen... ! i am doing the same as well...

and i love your shampoo shelves ... my contractor warn me against doing it.. he say it is not approved from HDB... also dunno true or not...

Glass shower screen is up with the alcove/ cubby/ niche/ shower feature :) ... Decided to stick with our original plan of not installing a door as we don't like hinges and rusty parts. Can't wait to see them with the carpentry!

19_CommonBath.JPG

19_CommonBath2.JPG

19_MasterBath.JPG

19_MasterBath2.JPG

Nice! i love the honeycomb looking tiles... but i decided to not go for it as maintenance is a chore... i support the half shower screen... ! i am doing the same as well...

and i love your shampoo shelves ... my contractor warn me against doing it.. he say it is not approved from HDB... also dunno true or not...

Our contractor did advise the same thing too, say if we want to sell the flat, might get checked. But we went ahead with it because we really like it. functional and nice. :dancingqueen:

Edited by nickguthe

Our contractor did advise the same thing too, say if we want to sell the flat, might get checked. But we went ahead with it because we really like it. functional and nice. :dancingqueen:

Hi nickguthe, did your contractor say why the shampoo shelves are not HDB approved? I was thinking of doing this too, looks nicer than having a rack. The honeycomb looks really nice,

Also, may I know how many HDB square tiles is your shower area?

• Like 2

Hi nickguthe, did your contractor say why the shampoo shelves are not HDB approved? I was thinking of doing this too, looks nicer than having a rack. The honeycomb looks really nice,

Also, may I know how many HDB square tiles is your shower area?

thanks!

The width of shower area is about 70cm by 169cm including the feature wall. :)

Edited by nickguthe

Are u able to check the length of the shower screen that the contractor is doing for u? Mine said max can only do up to 70cm... I find it too short... But he said anything more than that will be dangerous as the panel will shake as I don't have a top aluminium bar supporting it.. Nor a kerb at the bottom...

Nope we are having normal shower head. Not sure how much splashing there will be, so we will risk it for now. :P

Are u able to check the length of the shower screen that the contractor is doing for u? Mine said max can only do up to 70cm... I find it too short... But he said anything more than that will be dangerous as the panel will shake as I don't have a top aluminium bar supporting it.. Nor a kerb at the bottom...

Our contractor gave the exact same recommendation of 70cm with similar concerns about safety. We went with it. We didn't want the additional bar and knight head. :P

Ours seems alright at 70cm. Any larger means a narrower entrance for the narrow bathroom.

Edited by nickguthe

Ya man that additional bar is so ugly... Defeats the purpose of having a door less shower screen! He also suggested the bar for me.. Looks like our contractors have similar mindset :)

We are almost thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

All carpentry, air con and most lights are in. All cleared up too.

Remaining reno

• some lighting adjustments
  • T5 lighting for kitchen worktop and bathroom
  • black aluminium frames for study and kitchen door

Living Room

• Lights in the living and dining area - 4 x 7 LED Watts x 3 rows of track lights + 2 pendants

20_almostThere01_living.JPG

Area in front of study

• 4 x 7 Watts LED Track + 12 Watts LED Ceiling Mounted

20_almostThere02_living.JPG

Study Area

• We have a 28 Watt fluorescent ceiling mounted light but on its own it is not bright enough, update next time when we make the switch to something brighter

20_almostThere03_Study.JPG

Corridor

• 3 x 4 Watt LED Down Lights
  • Side note: I am so proud of our air con trunking!

20_almostThere04_living.JPG

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 2

Master Bath

• 12 Watt LED Ceiling Mounted in the center of bathroom not shown in the picture + a 6 Watt LED down light above the vanity

20_almostThere06_MasterBath.JPG

Common Bath

• 12 Watt LED Ceiling Mounted in the center of bathroom only

20_almostThere06_commonBath.JPG

For the bedrooms, my phone camera is not wide enough, will leave it for future update. Yay!!! Furniture coming in next week, can't wait!

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 1