Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow the house is looking really good! Nickguthe, for your track lights, did you get warm light or the bright white light?

The pictures are really great :good:

Think you will be getting the handover like me next week.

Haha niceeeee! Yours will likely be faster then, ours might have some delay with the aluminium.

Wow the house is looking really good! Nickguthe, for your track lights, did you get warm light or the bright white light?

Thanks! We bought samples of both 'white' and 'warm white' from Taobao to test. In the end we settled with warm white for all the track lights. Not too yellow in our opinion, yet warm and cosy. Not sure if you have seen this post, we did a comparison of the samples. :)

Edited by nickguthe

Thanks to your pic, my wife is planning the same living room's track light/ceiling fan layout as u. Now we can have a real-life picture for reference~!

Thanks to your pic, my wife is planning the same living room's track light/ceiling fan layout as u. Now we can have a real-life picture for reference~!

Nice to know it is helpful to you. :)

First a shout out to fellow renotalker Bianzi!

In this post from her t-blog, bianzi talked about her dilemma when deciding her TV console design. My wife and I shared that we had similar preferences for Air's Telegramme and Grafunkt's Line as well but find them rather expensive for our budget. Then mentioned our Taobao find...

Not that this find is similar to those products mentioned above, but those cost about 3-4k ish. Cost was another reason why we decided not to have built- in carpentry for console especially since we wanted the louvered doors type so badly for ease of remote controlling the devices in the shelves. Until we strike lottery the 5 mil Toto this National Day, we decided to go with this much more budget scandi looking console :)

(Photo from the Taobao page)

T1Hx54FF0aXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x

For mommychua who asked for the link, here you go :) - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.45.Ie6Rb6&id=36289930044&_u=q1q6ekj81370

Cost us about SGD 600 after shipping. We have received it but have yet to open the packaging to set it up as the house is still rather dusty. The real product seems a little darker, we will follow up with real product pics and review here soon! :)

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 1

Beautiful console there! Wooden furniture is always risky to buy from TB. Looking forward to your review.

First a shout out to fellow renotalker Bianzi!

In this post from her t-blog, bianzi talked about her dilemma when deciding her TV console design. My wife and I shared that we had similar preferences for Air's Telegramme and Grafunkt's Line as well but find them rather expensive for our budget. Then mentioned our Taobao find...

Not that this find is similar to those products mentioned above, but those cost about 3-4k ish. Cost was another reason why we decided not to have built- in carpentry for console especially since we wanted the louvered doors type so badly for ease of remote controlling the devices in the shelves. Until we strike lottery the 5 mil Toto this National Day, we decided to go with this much more budget scandi looking console :)

(Photo from the Taobao page)

T1Hx54FF0aXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x

For mommychua who asked for the link, here you go :) - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.13.sllRxG&id=36289930044&_u=21q6ekj82df9

Cost us about SGD 600 after shipping. We have received it but have yet to open the packaging to set it up as the house is still rather dusty. The real product seems a little darker, we will follow up with real product pics and review here soon! :)

Edited by stealth0128

Update about the console (link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.45.Ie6Rb6&id=36289930044&_u=q1q6ekj81370)

Managed to clean up the house and had it set up today. It comes without the legs attached. To assemble, We only need to screw in the legs. And put in the shelf for the middle compartment. Whole console is made of solid wood, very heavy.

21_consoleopen.jpg

All set up! The biggest problem we have with it, is with the sliding doors. They do not slide smoothly. Needed quite some work. We had to sand the grooves (where the wheels run), apply lubricant, loosen the bolt. A lot of trial and error to get it finally sliding smoothly. But for 600 SGD, it was a pretty good buy. When we received it few weeks ago, it was properly packed within a wooden crate support.

21_consolesetup3.JPG

21_consolesetup2.JPG

21_consolesetup.JPG

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 1

Hi nickguthe,

Can i check if u did install false ceiling throughout your living room & study area? So that u can input a electrical pt at the tv area for the track lights?

Hi nickguthe,

Can i check if u did install false ceiling throughout your living room & study area? So that u can input a electrical pt at the tv area for the track lights?

Hello cj8888,

We did not build false ceiling at the study and ceiling.

From the distribution box,

• to the left, we ran exposed round conduit on the edges of the living room and
  • to the right, we have normal box PVC trunking to the study.

22_whiteconduit1.JPG

Round conduit at the living room area that we will install track lights

22_whiteconduit2.JPG

Final look:

Exposed round conduit on the perimeter of the living room. On the study side, we build minimal partitions to hide the PVC box trunking and. At the top right hand corner of this image, the white box trunking is still exposed, because we decided that building partitions will make it even more obvious.

22_whiteconduitandtrunking.JPG

Hope this explains clearly :)

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 1

Good blog. And congrats that all is good for the Reno, especially the tb loots.

I'm waiting for my 5rm coming hopefully next Q. Your air con truck is clean. Need to bookmark your blog for my air con installer. :)

Good blog. And congrats that all is good for the Reno, especially the tb loots.

I'm waiting for my 5rm coming hopefully next Q. Your air con truck is clean. Need to bookmark your blog for my air con installer. :)

Thanks. Glad that it is useful. Good luck to your reno too! :dancingqueen: