Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

our parcels from taobao have arrived. all 13 of them. Happy to say we are very pleased and the only casualty was two aluminium lights we bought for the kitchen which cost 12 bucks and was actually recommended by another renotalker..we are fine with the loss since the other items exceeded our expectations.

The pink polka dotted bedsheet set was a pleasant surprise in its quality. Wife plans to purchase a satin quilt cover and pillow from Singsale soon as we don't feel comfortable for these items to be shipped from china, tiny and bugs and such may find its way :no:

Our renovation is going at a snails pace. Hacking plastering and tiling has taken 2 + weeks.... contractor says it takes time but I am seeing other renotalkers' progressing much faster... oh well. Currently only bathrooms are being done and Kitchen tiling will only start next week.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh no I didn't...sticking to my friend. Although Aaron quote was really good he came up with it 5 hours after seeing our house for first time. I don't think it's fair to my contractor now by comparing his quote and Aaron's since we changed ideas and are hacking not overlaying tiles.

I think Aaron may be good if you are doing simple work, he has his own creative output. Speaks proper English as well. If I didn't have this friend I would just choose him... Price as key factor :)

Below are some of the goods bought from Tao Bao

s57d.jpg

Pic 9: Coat hanger

7odef.jpg

Pic 10: Track light

d64k.jpg

Pic 11: LED lights

awb10.jpg

Pic 12: Spot light

3iyl.jpg

Pic 13: Dining table light

w6aj.jpg
Pic 16: waterproofing test

gxyd3.jpg
Pic 17: kitchen toilet

wdqm.jpg
Pic 18: kitchen toilet, we know many people have been using subway tiles in the toilets and we love this idea too.

sz6z.jpg 3ayzu.jpg

Pic 19 and 20: our mbr and wiw room. using gypsum board at the bed head to make the wall flushed. vinyl flooring will bedone tomorrow. cant wait to see the result!!! slowly our house is coming together...but I suspect the carpenter has not started on his work :curse: we will keep pushing since july is approaching and so is the ghost festival...

niz6.jpg

Pic 21: Lighting points for our WIW

5z8m.jpg

Pic 22: Another space in the MBR

15oxz.jpg

Pic 23: Wall vanished

Edited by LHWH

o7si8.jpg

Pic 24: our dog waiting patiently for us. Poor us cleaning the floor and ensure that it is flat for flooring to be done. Flooring guy taichi to contractor and vice versa. end up we doing... nose hair turned white

HELP! :dunno:

pmjp.png

If you can do away with TV feature wall and settle for a TV console, you can save at least 1K.

So how long is the walk in wardrobe? Also how long is the study table? Seems a little pricey here at 6.5k

eu1k.jpg

Pic 1: Kitchen top cabinet removed to be replaced by shelves

Are these shelves new? Why didnt your ID do internal PVC for you?

For the quoted price of the TV console/feature wall, you could customise an approx 7ft Burmese Teak TV console but with less storage. Possibly at least 8ft with Indon Teak. Why less storage? I'm assuming that the contract's TV console/feature wall is floor to ceiling storage design.

Sadly we are beginning to have the sinking feeling the carpenter is the expensive kind... Our tv feature wall is just 5 ft floor to ceiling laminated feature with two open shelves to put sound bar and ps4 . Not much storage at all. As for the length of wiw and study... Study is bed room wall length and wiw is 2 wall length..not sure how much is that in feet or meter...

Edited by LHWH

7pxa.jpg
Pic 25: Flooring tiles for MBR toilet done

9i0h.jpg
Pic 26: flooring for MBR and WIW done. Pic doesn't reflects the color well. It is supposedly to be light grey