Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

Hi all!

I just chanced upon this website fortytwo.sg has anyone purchased items there, the items there are at a very good price and I just wanted to check and see if the website is reliable.

TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

They have no physical shop, its all operated online.

Fortytwo.sg has been around for many years, formally known as beds.sg

Its actually open by one of my family member thats why I know so much about them. Currently I am renovating my own house and has been dropping by many furniture shops but I find their prices super exp as compared to fortytwo.. just my view :)

For the swing chair, when you sit in, gotta sit carefully if not it will "tip over", not really know how to explain but you can drop by any furniture showroom to try out first :)

3685de.jpg

Pic 47: Kitchen toilet door

4222bb.jpg

Pic 48: Door open up

fd2ebd.jpg

Pic 49: Feel like changing colour of the kitchen

bc7abf.jpg

Pic 50: MBR toilet

31f3cb.jpg

Pic 51: roller blind in MBR

6763c0.jpg

Pic 52: venetian blind in living room

During my Reno, I had asked my contractor how tiles are laid. He explained that he will soak each tile in water overnight so that the tile will expand to its maximum before laying them. This takes time. However, he would be able to remove the tile piece by piece, if there is a need for replacing 1 or 2 pieces.

A faster method would be to soak the tiles in chemical and then lay them. But the tiles cannot be removed piece by piece later.

So perhaps this could explain why your contractor can't remove 1 piece of tile for you, while other people like Ocean11 could have their 1 piece of tile replaced.

Hi eastlovin, we asked him about it and he said to replace the tile is impossible since it's cracked he can plaster and paint over. Will post pictures after he does this.

Edited by Harriette

6049ba.jpg
pic 53: heheh OCD wife bought 80 pieces of this magic cleaning sponge... planning to give some to our in laws.

dbbde6.jpg
pic 54: for our wiw I have a pants drawer but wife wants to have this type of hanger for her own pants and skirts. found this on tb.

185508.jpg
pic 55: space saving fixtures are very important to us now as we only have lower cabinets in the kitchen. this will be fixed next to our tall unit.

72b29d.jpg
pic 56: this was 76 sgd without shipping, wifey wanted this and I am going to have to try my best to fix it for her. wish me luck. :sport-smiley-003:

bfbbe7.jpg
Pic 57: saw this on renotalk and tried to find on tb, on its way to us now will review after we tried it.

b70081.jpg
Pic 58: super convenient bin.

will post the links at a much later date as we have yet to receive most items to review. we will be doing our moving in ceremony next Saturday even though most of the stuff are not complete, next week is going to be very busy with the furniture and big electrical items coming in. Cannot wait!

Edited by LHWH

8c2baf.jpg
pic 59: seasoning jar, seller even threw in 3 more spare spoons!

9f1456.jpg

pic 60: passageway and bedroom entrance lights from tmall- July

e2a8d4.jpg

Pic 61

Edited by LHWH

8c2baf.jpg

pic 59: seasoning jar, seller even threw in 3 more spare spoons!

9f1456.jpg

pic 60: passageway and bedroom entrance lights from tmall- July

e2a8d4.jpg

Pic 61

Hi! Mind sharing the link for the passageway light? :)

hi, i would really love to shop in taobao. but may i know how do you all arrange for shipping? how does it work? Really TIA!

You can refer to my blog. Post 577,579 & 580

More updated pics for our home renovation

d9dc35.jpg

pic 62: wiw with lights on

28bf53.jpg

pic 63: legrand switches

cc57b4.jpg

pic 64: tv wall feature

186049.jpg

pic 65: taobao lights for our dinning table

8bec8d.jpg

pic 66: kitchen in progress