Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

For now while we wait for the painting and carpentry we have been indulging on taobao items. Wife is already on her 3 rd cart of items. Some items we are looking for are now a unique umbrella basket or holder as well as laundry basket for two. If anyone has come across any good buys please do share! So far our lights from Smithfield and July on tmall are all in good condition. Will post some of our loots over the weekend.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Happy updates from us finally! Painting is being done and we love the colors. Wife was very uncertain and nervous to see the real deal and when we stepped into the house she kept gushing. Moments like these I start to feel the reality of the mornumental challenge we undertook this year buying a unit and designing it ourselves...the sense of satisfaction is awesome. Our contractor was a play safe guy who commented we chose to many colors and were all very odd....but even the painters whom we met complimented our color selection. Happy!

3pl6.jpg

Pic 41: View from the entrance of living room

sbve6.jpg

Pic 42: LED light for our kitchen

t4zws.jpg

Pic 43: View from the entrance of guestroom

lsv6.jpg

Pic 44: MBR / wiw side

lmlq1.jpg

Pic 45: View from the inside of MBR

y3ob.jpg

Pic 46: guestroom

Edited by LHWH

I like your master bedroom color. Can share the code of the paint?

Thank you troublemaker! We really fell in love with this color too. Walls are painted in seaside village 90gy46/061 code. Ceiling is painted in natural cane tone ww2617l.

Thank you troublemaker! We really fell in love with this color too. Walls are painted in seaside village 90gy46/061 code. Ceiling is painted in natural cane tone ww2617l.

I love colors which are bluish-green/mint/teal! I think it gives out a good vibe!

I shall explore Dulux paint the next time. A pity that i couldn't find Dulux paint around my area... hiaz...

The drama never ceases with our renovation. Last night I went down at 9pm to spot check on renovation and to my shock, my gate was locked with bicycle lock but the main door was wide open and the house was empty and dark. Wife called to scream at contractor and not a word of sorry, he said he will check with the painters. So the logic they had was the main door paint was still wet so they decided to leave it open to dry. oh my god, shouldn't they inform us so we can at least go to the house and blow the fan on the door to dry faster and lock up? We live just behind the new house!

Horrible horrible horrible. My wife is very furious still :curse:

Anyway, I am in love with the egg shaped swing chair, the prices are around 699 to 899 sgd. Anyone knows of any good sofa shops we can check out or know where this is sold? Other than courts and Star Living?

The drama never ceases with our renovation. Last night I went down at 9pm to spot check on renovation and to my shock, my gate was locked with bicycle lock but the main door was wide open and the house was empty and dark. Wife called to scream at contractor and not a word of sorry, he said he will check with the painters. So the logic they had was the main door paint was still wet so they decided to leave it open to dry. oh my god, shouldn't they inform us so we can at least go to the house and blow the fan on the door to dry faster and lock up? We live just behind the new house!

Horrible horrible horrible. My wife is very furious still :curse:

Anyway, I am in love with the egg shaped swing chair, the prices are around 699 to 899 sgd. Anyone knows of any good sofa shops we can check out or know where this is sold? Other than courts and Star Living?

You can try ComfortDesign. Its located near Paya Lebar MRT.

I am not sure is your egg shaped swing chair similar to the cacoon swing? If so, it is selling at $499 (promotion price)! :)

http://www.comfortfurniture.com.sg/sale/cacoon-swing/

Edited by Troublemaker

Thanks Trouble Maker!

I heard some bad reviews on this company though, have you used them?

Nope. I almost got my sofa from them. They have their own factory besides the showroom. Hmm... what bad reviews do they have?

I think someone got this swinging egg chair from Malaysia.

Think its near the stretch of shops : Tampoi (Sorry forgot the spelling) where a lot of them buy the lights.

Hope this helps

LHWH, your place is looking good! I especially like the choice of colours for your home :)

I got some chairs from Comfort- the guy who served us (Will) seemed like a nice chap, quite professional and was able to offer some useful suggestions. I cannot comment on the delivery/aftersales service though cos the chairs are still at their warehouse while my reno works are ongoing!

Thanks songs and eastlovin, hmmm I remembered reading in this forum someone's bad experience with them but seeing as to how I am still unable to find an additional 2 sweater or chaise lounge for the living room, I might just pop by to have a look.

I have some queries on the reno process:

- is chemical wash all provided for by contractor?

- for painting services for 5 roomers, did they paint your bomb shelter as well? Hehe.

-our contractor said he will not provide the thorough cleaning just removing cement and plaster and paint. He told us to outsource this...any recommendations on post reno cleaning services ?

Many thanks!

Chemical wash is provided by contractor usually but it depend if it is stated in your contract.

Bomb shelter should be included for the painting services.

There are quite a number of agency out there which you just need to Google, howerver take note that pricing for after Renovation cleaning is more expensive than normal cleaning.

Hope this helps.