Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

I did bedroom veneer doors for my parents flat. $300 per door for 3 bedrooms. I think price quite ok

Has anyone bought any doors and stuff from http://www.doctordoors.com.sg/ ? Are they cheap and good? Do they provide installation? I am so amazed by their website! So many of the doors to choose from!

My ID just called and say both of my bedroom doors and the common toilet door exceeded the standard dimension of 3ft x 7ft by a couple of inches. So have to do a custom made door. Additional costs of course! :jawdrop: Anyone has this type of issue before? He said it's because the flats now have bigger doors, esp for my area, for the old folks and provides easier access for those with mobility concerns. Is this true??!!

Sian now i have to source for my own door and hopefully they will turn out cheaper. :help:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I still prefer the lighter look and only light colors bring out the kompacplus beauty...

Thanks guys and gals for all the comments and suggestions! They did sway my choice for a while. Cause my ID has passed me another 2 more cabinet combinations. :D Now all of them again in one single post.

#1 - Glossy white [Currently main contender]

p4z1.jpg

Thanks guys and gals for all the comments and suggestions! They did sway my choice for a while. Cause my ID has passed me another 2 more cabinet combinations. :D Now all of them again in one single post.

#2 - Matt white

#3 - Half half

#4 - Dark brown all

#5 - Light brown all

Whoa so many!!!:sport-smiley-018:

I would go for #2 matt white. White brighten up the room. and matt look more scandi than glossy :)

Hello heeman76,

thanks for reading our renoblog. I have just pm-ed u. :-)

Hi Scandipenguin, can you pm me the quote and area of the wall too? Thanks!

I vote for #1 glossy white. White makes the space feel bigger.

+1 vote to Light brown all.

Reason : Look more earthly and smoothing yet not that dark

i will choose #2 as well. look more comfortable

#2 - Matt white

0wo9.jpg

I would go for #2 matt white. White brighten up the room. and matt look more scandi than glossy :)

I still prefer the lighter look and only light colors bring out the kompacplus beauty...

p4z1.jpg

#1 :wub: :wub: :wub:

Geez thanks all for the votes! After one full circle, we decided to go ahead with glossy white! Thought that it will go well with our slightly industrial feel in the kitchen. Hope and pray everything works out! We were worried using matt white, or rather wooden feel white, laminate could risk making our kitchen look older and more 'back-dated' than it should.

It has been 2 months since renovation started. Until now, we have only got the living tiles, kitchen wall overlay, kitchen cabinet bases and WIW 'fake' wall in place. Hacking works including hacking away the wall between master and bedroom 2 and the cover-up in master toilet as well as the service yard doors and windows. Other than that, nothing tangible took place. Which is disappointing. We thought things would progress faster since wet works are done but no. Our contractor got too busy and we got neglected as a result. Perhaps he got himself too many projects or maybe he was just being plain lazy. We don't know and don't want to guess since it wouldn't be constructive to our project anyway. One BIG note to all new home owners out there searching for ID, or rather contractor, we strongly recommend finding the person who is hardworking and diligent enough in following up as well as being responsible.

Forgot to mention, our paint job is very half-past-six. The contractor said it was only half done. We hope so too. Colours were wrong for twice in a row. How careless can you be. But he offered to paint it back to our colour at his own cost. One clap for that.

Edited by Scandipenguin

• Like 1

Hi, can share your quote regarding the craftbrick wall?

How many boxes you have used.. the cost for materials n labour, the details of the contractor and how is the workmanship?

Thank you very much!

hi Scandipenguin,

can share your quote & contact for the craftbrick wall?

my ID quoted us 13ft for 3.6k. so we strike if off the quotaton and wanna get our own materials and get contractor to do...

Hi Scandipenguin, can you share with me the price for your Kompacplus top? TIA!

Btw, great choice for the glossy white kitchen. Very classy with the Kompacplus top!

Hi, can share your quote regarding the craftbrick wall?

How many boxes you have used.. the cost for materials n labour, the details of the contractor and how is the workmanship?

Thank you very much!

Hi!

I wasn't able to PM u