Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Doris Chin

Executive Mansionette @ Bukit Gombak

Like these ones:

IMG_1800_zps47ef581a.jpg

IMG_1802_zps56c94cc5.jpgIMG_1805_zps7c50cc8a.jpg

Hi Doris, How much is the Elmark fan going in JB? I am interested in that cute little fan actually.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Going to get 3 instant water heaters- my current house using Cornell and it has lasted for like more than 10yrs, probably going to get this brand, but the shop in imm said no more this brand.

Went to Internet and seems the brand is still alive?

Update on HIPS: contractor sup went through with us the placement of the toilet sinks, also agreed on the scope of work to be done. In addition he asked me to pay when I requested to create a curb for shower screen and also to install a cover for the open area above the PD toilet door ($100+$80).

As I wanted to install stainless steel floor trap for all toilets, he told me not to do so for the toilet doing anti-slip as they use acid and it will react with the metal.

In addition, when he heard I wanted to replace current electrical wire of the water heater/lights, he quoted $150/point. Normally, they will help to re-install after the Reno, but he said they use back existing wiring?? I think need to check this out with hdb as it sounds really fishy to me.

For the main door and gate, as I have bought recess area but not yet build up the wall, the contractor office agreed to install later in jan/feb.. Yippie

Edited by Doris Chin

And here's the place that i like the least (and which is giving me the worst headache) :dunno: The crazily small toilet

Toilet3-2_zps7f6f2daf.jpg

Does the HIP programs cover for the above toilet (I believe it's the 1st floor common?) since initially it is supposed to be just an open wash area?

And for this case, can they renovate accordingly to your design? You wouldn't want a newly renovated HIP program Toilet but still face the same problem??

Dear whalegaga,

The HIPS contractor treated the downstairs small toilet as a toilet, and did the Reno accordingly, except they did not install the electricity for the instant heater (based on my understanding, they will do up everything as what you had previously- my downstairs toilet had no electric heater previously). They allow movement of the sink placement before reno so the problem was solved.

I need to double confirm the instant heater elec as I am currently overseas and they completed the works when I was out.

On the last day of the reno, they will help to fix up all accessories (additional tap, mirrors, toilet roll holder, towel holders etc) so was really happy about that. I was however not satisfied with one part of the Reno and I will share the pics once I get back to SG.

One tip: need to be firm with HIPS contractor if there is something out of line - for eg, the downstairs toilet door was not able to open fully as blocked by sink and they asked my mother to accept it. I told them to move the sink firmly and they did it the next day.

Edited by Doris Chin

Long time no post as very busy with contractors, am trying to do the design myself and getting contractors to quote.

Pics of completed bathroom:

Downstairs common (now with 2 doors and sink moved to other side)

Downstairtoilet-1_zpsd29aa940.jpg

Downstairtoilet-2_zps14c254a6.jpg

How much were you quoted for the bi-fold doors?

My 3 toilets are still without doors and I am shifting in 2 days time 😂😂😂😂

And I am quite keen to see the transformation of the living room to your parents bedroom. How does it look like?

Edited by Whalegaga

My toilet doors were installed by HDB and they are PD doors. They quoted $290 for each door. I also found bi-fold doors from doctor door-$399 for 2 doors (without roller, with roller need to add $50/each).

Will post the layout of parents room, it's the most difficult part of reno and I am still working on it with contractors!

Edited by Doris Chin

Finally have agreed with the main contractor about the major items and he is submitting the docs to HDB. His quote was reasonable as I double checked all major items with individual contactors/pricing in renotalk.

Interesting thing I found was that hacking and laying tiles=just laying paraquat over existing tiles. Overlay of vinyl without hacking is 30% cheaper. But I am worried about harmful effect of vinyl. So will go for paraquat over tiles instead.

To partition room the cheapest method is to use gypsum board, follow by carpentry and finally glass.

Due to CNY, expected completion will be after CNY.

Am commencing my taobao purchases shortly!

Edited by Doris Chin

Finalized my taobao list,

and sent it off,

Fairy godmother will buy,

and ship it over! :deal:

Am inspired by another blogger, hehe!

taobao-2_zps715ed22d.jpg

Edited by Doris Chin

Went to JB and bought loads of stuff! Ate my fav. kwey teow kiah too! That shop has been around since 35yrs ago! Paper thin pork and fantastic tasting gravy with kwey teow! :good:

My buys for the house.. of course there were other stuff too.. but will not post them here, need some mystery and cannot show hand! :notti:

10Jan15purchases_zpsb2911d5a.jpg

18W LED-RM50

24W LED-RM80

Legrand door bell-RM50

Deka Baby LED-RM280 **the lady told me that there is a shortage of stock in market and price will increase soon. Fellow friends, do buy yours now if you need it!

Edited by Doris Chin