Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Doris Chin

Executive Mansionette @ Bukit Gombak

Am very excited as we received HDB approval for the reno! As I am travelling, can only confirm everything with contractor this Friday and select tiles this sat/sun..expect works to start next mon.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Am very excited as we received HDB approval for the reno! As I am travelling, can only confirm everything with contractor this Friday and select tiles this sat/sun..expect works to start next mon.

Congrats, Doris!

Lucky you. At least you get to choose the tiles of your choice for the HIP toilet... Mine was all done up already when I got the keys.. lol... 3 toilets all different colour. :help:

Also, can't get to choose position of anything in the toilet cos all already done up lol... have to kiv till who knows when liao. I wanted stair steps like yours, original design whereby the steps can be seen... but mine has concrete sidewall support.. :dunno:

Sounds like you are also a EM owner :)!

Tile colors chosen by previous owners but am blessed as previous owners chose 1 color & HIPS brought forward : me gain, no one loss..

Someone recently told me:

Our wants are free,

Can design anything under the sun,

Reno is expensive,

Must save on everything possible!

I am trying my best to skimp but realized that with EM, need multiples of everything! Unfortunately counting the number of sockets, fans, lighting points... Gives me sleepless nights!

At the moment, I have 5 ceiling fans, 7tvs, 11lights, 2compressors, 6 air con blowers (excluding led and down lights) .. List goes on.

With the change to digital TV, now more headache.. Can I just install one UHF antenna or need multiple antennas??

Dear intonewlife,

From what i read, the answer is YES. Unless you have are currently subscribing to Pay TV. I was thinking of subscribing just to solve the problem but with expected 6 TV's it will cost a bomb as for pay TV, need to pay extra for each additional TV!

Refer to here (FAQ from medicorp).

It states:

For non-pay TV subscribers

You need to do is to buy an indoor antenna and a DVB-T2 digital set-top-box and connect them to your existing TV set to watch digital TV. You can also consider buying a new TV with a built-in DVB-T2 digital tuner (Integrated Digital TV or IDTV) set and an indoor antenna to enjoy an enhanced viewing experience. Additional equipment required will be a 75-ohm coaxial cable and a HDMI cable if you are using the digital set-top box.

My next headache.. the hob, burner and oven (which my mum would like but we almost never use).

Need some help from renotalk users!

Was really tempted to get from Electrolux but read some not so good reviews (european burners are not so strong, hob is weak for asian cooking, oven door is bad etc).

Anyone already bought this and already using? Your review is MUCH, MUCH appreciated. Alternatively, if you have other options that do not cost an arm and leg, please let me know!

electrolux-1_zpsbbeb5e5f.jpg

electrolux_zps1f94794d.jpg

Did check my existing burner (no hood) and it is Uno brand, very good quality, used for last 10 yrs. But checked price and it is same as Electrolux!

Edited by Doris Chin

By the way, yesterday went to JB again (i know, it's like a weekly occurance now) :jawdrop: Was stuck in traffic for an hour, which is really quite normal..

Anyways, managed to get my Elmark fans for RM350, even cheaper than what was quoted at RM360 previously. Seems like to auntie is getting so used to seeing me, she just auto reduce pricing nowadays.

I am also planning to get the following switches.. RM6 (switches) - RM17 (sockets).. but realized that for HDB, we will still have the ugly box as our wires are not concealed.. so sad :dunno:

Anyone has a solution?

IMG_1799_zps25a791de.jpg

Today went to tile shop at balestair to select tiles. As i am using paraquat for majority of house, only needed to select tiles for balcony access (recess area purchased from HDB), kitchen and balcony (outdoor area as i am not installing windows or using any form of shutters etc.). Since i have elderly folks, no choice but to choose rough tiles to ensure anti-slip feature.

Kitchenwall_zps5eda70d6.jpgBalcony_zps46e51bdd.jpgAccessBalconytiles_zpsd106e2c2.jpgKitchenflooring_zps373fa6d4.jpg

Tried very hard to avoid wood looking tiles as too much paraquat already in the house. :no:

Edited by Doris Chin

Hi walegaga, did you also use the multiple colors? Do you have a pic to share? I was thinking how to mix the colors to make it look nice!

Parents should be happy since I took most of their needs into consideration for this house purchase/reno.. Hopefully not too many complaints after we move in..

Edited by Doris Chin

Hi intonewlife,

It's not that difficult, there was a really long post about how to get to JB to purchase items, maybe you can search the other blogs and go!

One suggestion: do go on weekdays and in the morning, return before evening, that would be most efficient as you can avoid the jams!

Edited by Doris Chin