Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krisietong

Kande Love Nest

u are planning to use 'barley white' for ceilings? i suggest u dun... cos it's rather 'pinkish' and hard to match with wall colors... use normal white better (matex) and cheaper as well... i initially painted my ceilings wif barley white but then after i painted my walls alamak...those look funny so i painted matex over my ceiling..waste time,effort and $$ (my barley white)... imho if u dun like flat white, use lily white will be better...easier to match with various wall colors...

barley white will look nice on our toilet ceilings though hehe

really? From the catalogue, the barley white appeared to have slight yellowish tint..

mayb lily white is a better option..

thanks for your advice! :):)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

finally got the keys in the evening and opened the door liao!!

but quite disappointing to see that the MBR is soooo small~ I dun think I can put my L-shaped WiW now.

I dun even think that WiW is possible now.... :)

The kitchen is oso quite small... smaller than the kitchen in my parents' 4rm appt in Sengkang!! but I am not really bothered by it.. cos not gg to cook a storm there anyway :)

Overall, the house is not really that big as it appeared from the floorplan.. 130sqm :) . My hubby's 5rm flat in Jurong East is ard 135sqm.. but the rooms and kitchen r so spacious! Haiz, I guess most the floor area goes to the study room which is quite big loh.

wah...yours EA consider small...mine 5 rm even smaller haha....:)

anyway congrats on your key collection....it's time to cheong....:)

Edited by ah_kiat

really? From the catalogue, the barley white appeared to have slight yellowish tint..

mayb lily white is a better option..

thanks for your advice! :):)

tat's wat i found after i started painting..at first i tot it's yellowish tint but then it looks more pinkish when applied... hehe lily white is more yellowish... anyway are u'll gg to buy the paint and paint urself? or buy paint and give to contractors to paint? or let the painters do it themselves? cos i think if u ask the painters to handle it most likely they will only let u select colors from the cheapest range of paint... in case of nipponpaint..it's the vinylex ... no 3in1 soft matt, no odourless, no easy wash even haha.... anyway easywash and above cost $50 and above for a 5l tin...

the ceiling is a tricky thing... u might want to buy a small bottle and "experiment" first... paint the edge and see how it goes with the wall...

finally got the keys in the evening and opened the door liao!!

but quite disappointing to see that the MBR is soooo small~ I dun think I can put my L-shaped WiW now.

I dun even think that WiW is possible now.... :bleah:

The kitchen is oso quite small... smaller than the kitchen in my parents' 4rm appt in Sengkang!! but I am not really bothered by it.. cos not gg to cook a storm there anyway :seeya:

Overall, the house is not really that big as it appeared from the floorplan.. 130sqm :) . My hubby's 5rm flat in Jurong East is ard 135sqm.. but the rooms and kitchen r so spacious! Haiz, I guess most the floor area goes to the study room which is quite big loh.

haha... my wifey wanted a WIW also at first but after going into the actual 'site' to see, found that it's not really a good idea but it's feasible...... i've seen people with the same floorplan as us do it.. but in doing so their sleeping area becomes really small... quite tricky... in the end we settled for a built in wardrobe...

else if u really wan, u can knock down the walls between bedroom 2 and MBR, put ur bed into Bedroom2 and convert the org MBR into a gigantic WIW... haha

kitchen small?? aiyoh if u do L-shape kitchen cabinets top and bottom combined minus the space for the fridge total 34ft leh... just doing such a 'big kitchen' alot of vit M needed liao... I've seen even smaller kitchens lor 2m long and they tot it's big already... haha

the study is not very big also leh... in fact it's the smallest (in area of all the bedrooms) i think some space is wasted in the aircon ledge, svc balcony, HHS lor... think those space also adds up to the floor area bah?

Old flats are bigger.... ours is only the size of a old average 5rm flat... haiz but cost more...

Anyway enjoy ur renos and furnishing of ur new apartment... it's gonna be a mad rush .. haha

Congrats on finally getting your keys.

My FW and I are waiting to collect our keys too....

I know how excited you must be.

Super envious right now....

Some Pix to share:

IMG_2252.jpg

The view from the balcony.. hubby and I had much arguement as he wanted high floor on other blk but I dun like the idea of looking down at the top of the carpark. I kinda convinced him that Blk 630 has better view, even though its on low floor. After looking out at the balcony, we r happy with the choice.. albeit a difficult one :dunno:

IMG_2253.jpg

HUAT ah~! hehehe.. my parents made me shout as I throw the pineapple onto the floor after I first opened the door.. :(

IMG_2268.jpg

Front door looking out to the balcony

IMG_2267.jpg

Location of our pool table!!

IMG_2255.jpg

Small Small Kitchen..

IMG_2262.jpg

view from my MBR

IMG_2259.jpg

Small Small MBR

tat's wat i found after i started painting..at first i tot it's yellowish tint but then it looks more pinkish when applied... hehe lily white is more yellowish... anyway are u'll gg to buy the paint and paint urself? or buy paint and give to contractors to paint? or let the painters do it themselves? cos i think if u ask the painters to handle it most likely they will only let u select colors from the cheapest range of paint... in case of nipponpaint..it's the vinylex ... no 3in1 soft matt, no odourless, no easy wash even haha.... anyway easywash and above cost $50 and above for a 5l tin...

the ceiling is a tricky thing... u might want to buy a small bottle and "experiment" first... paint the edge and see how it goes with the wall...

haha... my wifey wanted a WIW also at first but after going into the actual 'site' to see, found that it's not really a good idea but it's feasible...... i've seen people with the same floorplan as us do it.. but in doing so their sleeping area becomes really small... quite tricky... in the end we settled for a built in wardrobe...

else if u really wan, u can knock down the walls between bedroom 2 and MBR, put ur bed into Bedroom2 and convert the org MBR into a gigantic WIW... haha

kitchen small?? aiyoh if u do L-shape kitchen cabinets top and bottom combined minus the space for the fridge total 34ft leh... just doing such a 'big kitchen' alot of vit M needed liao... I've seen even smaller kitchens lor 2m long and they tot it's big already... haha

the study is not very big also leh... in fact it's the smallest (in area of all the bedrooms) i think some space is wasted in the aircon ledge, svc balcony, HHS lor... think those space also adds up to the floor area bah?

Old flats are bigger.... ours is only the size of a old average 5rm flat... haiz but cost more...

Anyway enjoy ur renos and furnishing of ur new apartment... it's gonna be a mad rush .. haha

Hi SunBoi,

we r planning to paint the walls ourselves.. but FIL insisted that we hire some labour to paint.. he said he can get help cheap.

tomolo I am meeting up with my cousin aka my ID to discuss on the home reno design.. so see if I can do a WiW.. and accomodate my bed which can slide out forward to reveal the storage space.

as for the kitchen.. on the floorplan, the length of the kitchen is 4m.. but it looks small leh..

den my MBR is 4.9X3m.. the dimensions seems big.. but on actual site its SMALL. However, we dun intend to hack the wall to make a bigger space cos we r going to use the 2 guest rooms for ourselves. BOth of us r taking one room each and that will b our space :( If we have a son, our son will occupy his room.. and vice versa :dunno:

Edited by krisietong

painting is tough esp so if u'll have never do it before, it's not as easy as it seems... i spent 7days just to paint the whole house (hols + saturdays) so if the price is ok, it's better to employ some help...

painting is tough esp so if u'll have never do it before, it's not as easy as it seems... i spent 7days just to paint the whole house (hols + saturdays) so if the price is ok, it's better to employ some help...

yea I know.. I made my hubby paint his room before I officially stay with him after our ROM 1.5yrs ago.

We took 2 whole days to repaint and rearrange the furniture back.. that was very tiring!!

Cant imagine that we need to paint everypart of the house incl. the ceiling.. but my frens r very keen to help! hahaha..

yea I know.. I made my hubby paint his room before I officially stay with him after our ROM 1.5yrs ago.

We took 2 whole days to repaint and rearrange the furniture back.. that was very tiring!!

Cant imagine that we need to paint everypart of the house incl. the ceiling.. but my frens r very keen to help! hahaha..

oh good good... my wifey gave up after 1 day cos it's tough and tiring, but in the end i still gotta repaint the parts she painted... in the end i am the only one painting the whole house... haiz

your house looks big...so good, can have a balcony and a pool table...cool... :bangwall:

you should have buy those gotta put in coin one...haha...guest come can earn some small bucks...haha... :bangwall:

your house looks big...so good, can have a balcony and a pool table...cool... :dancingqueen:

you should have buy those gotta put in coin one...haha...guest come can earn some small bucks...haha... !!

rofl

bro, like that might as well ask them to put a payphone in the living room and print up menus to charge for alcohol too... :help::)

rofl

bro, like that might as well ask them to put a payphone in the living room and print up menus to charge for alcohol too... :yamseng::P

haha...good idea.... :(

rofl

bro, like that might as well ask them to put a payphone in the living room and print up menus to charge for alcohol too... :P:deal:

Idea leh.. hehehe

Interested to play pool for $5/hr?? Alcohol will b charged at $5 per glass.. I've a fren who knows how to mix liquor.. if U wan to drink cocktail.. den have to pay more.. :notti::notti::notti:

congrats on ur key collection :)

hope reno go smooth smooth for reno~

yo odie.. U so long never spam my T-blog liao~!

hehehehe

btw, U said that U got the Toshiba DD inverter washing machine.. I want to know abt the review leh.. cos my parents sponsering it.. :notti::notti:

I wonder if its that quiet and tangle-free as it claimed.

oh good good... my wifey gave up after 1 day cos it's tough and tiring, but in the end i still gotta repaint the parts she painted... in the end i am the only one painting the whole house... haiz

actually that time I tried to help.. but it was very tiring to use the roller.. need to press against the wall quite hard to ensure that the paint is smooth and even. Eventually, my hubby cannot tahan me so slow.. so he took over the job.

SO this time, I think I jus do the small areas like balcony and service balcony.. hahahaha