Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, couldnt resist the urge to ask for the contact of your contractor, and also your reno cost, if you are alright to reveal =x
Love that you 2 have such great temperament, and common love for same things, and even not, giving in (seems like mostly hubby hahaa) and enjoying the process of being together.. look forward to seeing your faces in your blog sometime!

FD1976 & babymonsta, PM-ed you guys! :D

-clownprince's wife

Hi clownprince,

My wife and I really like your ideas and execution. We are getting our 4rm in 6months time, hoping to dress the place as nice and delicate and yours. May I ask for your quotation breakdown? Thanks in advance and have a great day :)

PM-ed you guys! :D

I can't send you any new PM. could you send me the contact of Contractor E? Thanks!

Hi, couldnt resist the urge to ask for the contact of your contractor, and also your reno cost, if you are alright to reveal =x
Love that you 2 have such great temperament, and common love for same things, and even not, giving in (seems like mostly hubby hahaa) and enjoying the process of being together.. look forward to seeing your faces in your blog sometime!

Hi,

Very nice house especially the kitchen. Do you mind sharing the contact of your contractor?

Thanks.

Hi clownprince,

My wife and I really like your ideas and execution. We are getting our 4rm in 6months time, hoping to dress the place as nice and delicate and yours. May I ask for your quotation breakdown? Thanks in advance and have a great day :)

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Shoe Cabinet AND I

this t-blog has probably misled many of you into thinking that the hubby has been the only one giving in… but i give in in many other aspects of life, OKAY haha. such as… how my lifestyle actually allows him not to build a full height shoe cabinet haha. he's so lucky to have a wife who doesn't have many shoes right, right right???

at the start, like many others, we wanted a fixed shoe cabinet at our entrance. however, along the way, the hubby suggested buying a shoe cabinet rather than building a fixed one. after thinking about it for some time, i agreed with the hubby that it might be a better idea. we might have tried to look for a shoe cabinet from taobao, but i decided to try my luck by asking Contractor E if the carpenter could make a shoe cabinet with legs as i had a rough idea of a design that i wanted. and YES! tadaaaaa! i asked, and my wish was granted!

i actually love how we are still toying with the different possibilities of where to place this shoe cabinet. i like it against the grey wall more, instead of the pink one! and well… i was still telling the hubby that if we don't use this as a shoe cabinet, we will shift it into one of the rooms to use as a cupboard for folded clothes hehe!

and so, here's how our shoe cabinet with legs look like:

shoe%20cabinet_zpsjfe3kchk.jpg

Really salute you for your full of ideas & melody of colours! What a happy house you & the hubby has built! :)

I will come home happy after a long day of work....

Your shoes cabinets is really cool! Certainly doesn't look like a shoe cabin at all! Your contractor is nice to DIY together with you!

Really salute you for your full of ideas & melody of colours! What a happy house you & the hubby has built! :)

I will come home happy after a long day of work....

Your shoes cabinets is really cool! Certainly doesn't look like a shoe cabin at all! Your contractor is nice to DIY together with you!

haha thanks CountryGlow :P

your house is really coming together very beautifully! :D

SCANDI - Start of CArpenter's Nightmare: Drilling Into our walls (Part 1)

just in case you think that it's our nightmare, don't worry, it's not! it's actually referring to our carpenter's nightmare muahahaha. :sport-smiley-004:

on the day the carpenter came in to drill things into our walls, i think we might have shocked him by the number of things that needed to be drilled onto the walls. apart from the shelves and random things to be drilled onto the walls of our kitchen (pls refer to post #176) and the complicated tv console from taobao, here's what the ambitious me (the wife heehee) did!

our (poor) carpenter had to drill not just simple shelves but things that were odd-shaped and needed very precise calculation to drill them at the exact spot. best part was, the carpenter + his assistant + my contractor had to hold the things up for me to see, so that i could run back and forth while deciding where i want them to be exactly. heeheehee. i treated them lunch after that LOL.

Shoe Cabinet Wall

i got these wooden triangles from a Typo sale and i think i bought all from the store LOL. and i decided to paint some too! (as usual, the hubby thinks i'm a junk collector hmmph! aiya… he doesn't understand one la lol.)

big%20triangles%20painted_zpscpjfbv8h.jp

and of course, they are going up our wall HAHA. i'll take my time to put things on the triangles.. but here's how they look like for now!

shoe%20cabinet%20wall_zpsvrevquvs.jpg

and yes, you would have guessed by now that… i love triangles MY HUBBY. LOL. :D

SCANDI - Start of CArpenter's Nightmare: Drilling Into our walls (Part 2)

continued from our previous post! here's what i got the carpenter to drill into our wall at the entrance! our mini version of a mudroom!

Entryway

entryway%201_zpsipqdrrzm.jpg

do the white hooks look familiar? hehe! yes, they are the ones drilled under our breakfast counter in the kitchen! :P

here's a bigger view of the area, with the electrical box cabinet behind the main door. super loving the brown hooks there for our keys!

entryway%202_zpsft7l506c.jpg

of course, home decor is still in progress… but here's how it will roughly look like! :sport-smiley-018:

the bench is actually part of our dining set (i'll probably talk about it another day!) but somehow i think it looks really fitting here muahahaha.

i super love to keep rearranging furniture and things here and there! my pattern more than badminton! think the hubby cannot stand me hahaha. :notti:

anw, here it is:

entryway_zpsyer1u0oi.jpg

SCANDI - Start of CArpenter's Nightmare: Drilling Into our walls (Part 3)

Living Room Wall :D

remember one of the earlier posts about the 6 lights that i (the wife!) had lugged back all the way from BKK? hahaha that's actually just half the story. now, it's time for the other half of the story:

i have been looking for wooden boxes but they are all so expensive in singapore. so when i was off to bkk with my friends last year, i was determined to look out for wooden boxes. but surprisingly, we really didn't see any there!

but one fateful night while we were at a night market, i miraculously met a guy who sells random things made out of recycled wood. in fact, we were very curious and confused by what he was selling because his stall had a mix of many different wooden things! to cut the long story short, i used my simple thai to ask him to custom-make these boxes for me! and he in turn used his simple english to communicate with me. his first reaction to my wooden boxes was, "baan meow?" (english translation: cat house?) HAHAHA. he thought i wanted them as a house for cats! we all had a good laugh! and our funny start of the conversation that day led to how these boxes come about in my house today! :lol:

here are the 6 wooden boxes that me, myself and i lugged back together with the 6 lights muahaha.

wooden%20boxes_zpszrfrds9s.jpg

here's the beloved boxes with our cuckoo clock from Japan (which cuckoos at the wrong time for the longest time- we blame it on jet lag LOL. but update!! my bro-in-law managed to snap it out of its jet lag yesterday WOOHOO!)

living%20room%20wall%201_zpspffdcvql.png

and here's our pretty fox frame (it comes in a pair! the other one is coming up somewhere else soon!)

living%20room%20wall%202_zpsxy0gigtw.jpg

here's a broader view of our living room wall with our mini "mudroom"/entryway! :D:D:D still a work in progress though...

living%20room%20wall%20pic_zpsjb9me9y0.j

Where did you get the hair pin leg bench?Nice set up,pastel palette . =)

Hi Freakerz. The hair pin leg bench is a set. We also have a table with hairpin legs but the wifey as she has shared, is moving things around and experimenting so she moved the dining bench to the mud room. The set we got it custom made from second charm, wifey will be sharing more about this soon=)

ze husband

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Start of CArpenter's Nightmare: Drilling Into our walls (Part 4)

continued… more drilling for the carpenter!

loving how our MBR is turning out! yes, it's small, but never regretted the decision to make it even smaller!

Wall Outside Walk-In-Wardrobe

MBR%20WIW%20wall_zpso4y9jsdm.jpg

MBR%20WIW%20wall%201_zpsvkssixsl.jpg

MBR Wall (Sleeping Area)

some people have asked whether our rooms would be scandi. well, i'm not sure if this is scandi enough, but we are loving it! i want the rooms to look scandi -not the typical scandi- but KIDS style hehehe and i hope i'm halfway there! :P

MBR%20wall%201_zpswv4ergbb.jpg

MBR%20Wall%202_zpsofvdexmg.jpg

Hey hey, can elaborate how to paint the side-by-side white & grey triangles at the bottom? Is it after painted the grey, tape and paint the white besides?

Hi, beautiful house, may I know where u bought ur fan n how much, thx