Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
benetay

21K Theme-Less 3 Room Bto

If there is a need for a TV in future, still can place it on the wall along the work desk, probably not a huge one but one that can fit into that small gap.

There is another way of doing which is gaining popularity is to put the TV in the MBR.

Yes, am considering putting tv in bedroom cos mine is only 2-room. that will give my hall more space.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yes without having a TV during the design phase give you more flexibility of what you really want from it.

All these are additions so personally I think I shouldn't let a design revolve around a TV.

Some updates on the living room and inspection of carpentry

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

Our shoe cabinet - the design is okay, the top part generally cannot even reach unless we use a chair so need to probably put those less worn shoes up there.

IMG_3471.jpg

Last meeting with ID found out during carpentry work there is a small graze on the door about 2cm, they remove the door and replace the laminates. :good:

Then for glass work, our display cabinet need to have a sliding glass in front, however the glass used was too heavy, they are going to change at no cost. :good:

Purchase a handful of toilet accessories and they mount it at the most ideal location and those that they think does not make sense, will not mount it. They will ask if you still want to mount it. :good:

So far our renovation progress has been very smooth sailing and everything was as close to plan as possible. Definitely put our mind at ease when the reno is on-going :good:

When we hit a roadblock in decision, ID gave many suggestions just in case we make a poorly informed decision and there was no hidden cost or anything which i read in the forum to my horror. :deal:

Painting was done quick and are very professional, they did not open the window when painting despite the heat of the day to prevent dust and dirt from flying and sticking onto the wall. :good:

Up till now still very good and i don't really have anything negative. "Say-Do" ratio is really good. :jammin:

Understood from ID that you have signed up with him as well. You will be fine with him. Anyway, if you are starting a t blog on the Reno please let me know. Will support.

Actually those are laminates. They are like a "sticker" over the wood. The wood used for carpentry nowadays standard then they will let you choose different types and colour of laminates to match your house theme.

Renovation to me quite enjoyable process because we do not rush and we simply do as and what we think we will use and like. Then talk to ID. Have some drawings on paper to see how you want it to be. After that everything else will slowly fall into place. Many fell into the trap of over paying renovation so work on your budget.

If price is the top concern, recommend to do less carpentry and also purchase your stuff online like Amazon or taobao. Personally I prefer Amazon for the quality compared to Tb.

Compare quotes based on per foot run on a few items so you will know that overall the price paid is lower. Some ID quote low on some but high on others to even off. I prefer all to be low hence that is how I chose this ID.

I also prefer a higher "say-do" ratio then those that say and never do. So far this ID hasn't let me down and surprisingly some of our members here also signed him on. He doesn't have 3D drawing, last time olden days also no 3D drawing. Need or want? Just don't add to my cost. In other words, we are not building a castle, a house has only a few things to consider and do, a pen and paper will suffice.

Of cause if bigger house it is required.

Appreciate those who PM me, i have send all of you the contact via email.

Some updates today, glass partition up, iquartz up, induction up but wire not connected. floor vacuum, sweep, mop.

For those who are interested in Iquartz remember to look for the logo after it is done by the side or top to authenticate it is real.

Fisher & Paykel induction hob up.

IMG_3593.jpg

Iquartz (remember to check)

IMG_3594.jpg

Glass partition - going to remove the left side small peice

IMG_3597.jpg

Display cabinet glass done

IMG_3595.jpg

these soft toys will go into their new home soon

IMG_3590.jpg

MBR toilet, still work in progress, quite a few things more

IMG_3598.jpg

2 pc sliding MBR toilet door (Frosted - top track only) - very solid workmanship

Ask ID what to do with the door frame, recommend to put trimming either wood or aluminum, i'll let him tell me.

IMG_3602.jpg

MBR toilet sink still waiting for plumber to come and install.