$85 for two person is really quite a lot

for mine it's

1. fridge on 24hrs

2. 42" plasma on 5hr/day

3. 29" CRT on 4hr/day

4. 3 laptops on 2hr/day

5. 2 x ceiling fan on 6hr/day

6. washing machine + dryer 5 x a week

could it be the kind of lights we use at home?

me using energy-saving bulb with electronic ballast for all my lights

and i only have ceiling lights for the provided light points, no additional lights at all :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yo jaren long time no see

how's life?

$85 for two person is really quite a lot

for mine it's

1. fridge on 24hrs

2. 42" plasma on 5hr/day

3. 29" CRT on 4hr/day

4. 3 laptops on 2hr/day

5. 2 x ceiling fan on 6hr/day

6. washing machine + dryer 5 x a week

could it be the kind of lights we use at home?

me using energy-saving bulb with electronic ballast for all my lights

and i only have ceiling lights for the provided light points, no additional lights at all :unsure:

hi... i'm fine now... missed the last gathering due to some sad event happen to my relative...

dunno why my electric so exp... i oni wash clothes at most twice a week... maybe the meter spoilt...

as for water is abt $20+...

Our bill is ridiculously high for a 4 room HDB flat, 2 pax, which we're currently renting.

Bill is $100+ nearly $200! And we're hardly at home. That time we went for a tour, not around for 10 days, yet bill was still very high, still in $100+ region! !! :good:

Last time I stay in condo, total 4 pax + large dog. Around $160+ per month only. Don't know what's up with HDB, not cheap at all!

It's a Samsung, 300L small fridge. Looks ok to me. We did ask the meter people to check, they say it's correct! Our gas bill, is already $30 per month for boiling 1 small kettle daily! Didn't know boil 1 kettle costs $1!

From what I know, before we moved in, owner has altar, which is on 24 hours. WITHOUT us, already their bill is $80! And they're hardly ever around!

With us, bill shoot up to nearly $200.

Current household usage for 2 pax:

Samsung small 300L fridge - 24 hours

Altar light - 24 hours

Boil 1 small kettle of water per day - hubby boils it at FULL blast! (perhaps that's the reason for high gas comsumption? :good: )

Cook - almost zero!

Mit. Ind. Aircon - around 9-12 hours daily at night

5 kg Alba Washing Machine - needs 2 washings once a week.

Computer - at the most 5 hours ave. daily

Lights - Hardly at home. around 7pm-1am.

Male owners comes home occasionally to bathe, watch TV, pray to his idol, etc.

That's all!

Last time in condo, usage is much higher, 4 pax + 1 large dog, yet bills are lower!

cannot be lah

we using gas water heater to bath, and cook regularly

gas bill for five person is around $50

think you better go check the gas meter, is it moving when your stove is off?

can't account for your electricity

maybe your appliances not energy-efficient type so consume more electricity :good: !!

Our bill is ridiculously high for a 4 room HDB flat, 2 pax, which we're currently renting.

Bill is $100+ nearly $200! And we're hardly at home. That time we went for a tour, not around for 10 days, yet bill was still very high, still in $100+ region! :P:dancingqueen:

Last time I stay in condo, total 4 pax + large dog. Around $160+ per month only. Don't know what's up with HDB, not cheap at all!

estimated billing. this is what i hate most.

try to do manual submission of your reading.

Anyone has any idea wat is the utility bill to on the aircon from 10pm to 8am per day?

Someone used to tell me abt $1.00 plus, but I doubt its so cheap now....

Is there any plans to increase the rate again for the utility bill?

Last time when they did an increase in the electrical, they overcharged me based on average use, cos for that month, we went travelling so usage should be less.

Now i try to be more careful. I would rather take the time and check the meter then for them to estimate.

Mace, I hate estimate billing too. And SP service billing system is not transparent to me at all.

I expect this month's bill to be quite high, sigh! In a way, blessing in disguise our brand new aircon is not working (thanks to All Best), so we're forced to get use to the fan again, which we already plan to anyway. Doing well on it. :bangwall:

But our new electricity consumption includes our new pond which uses 24 hours electricity for the light and pump, clothes dryer, & roomba. Hope we don't get a heart attack this month..

crap....my electricity bill averages around $250 a mth. mine is a 3i flat, just me and the wife.

its horrendous. i keep a reef tank, and that baby alone sucks in $100+ worth of elec a month coz of the big pumps, powerheads, chiller, metal halides, t5 lightings, etc. some of my other friends tanks use up more than $250 per mth.

i switch on the aircon for one room every night, plus around 5 hours during the day while i work. that's about it. is dang sad loh....this month elec cost will be raised again by around 5% right?

Edited by collegebookstore

Wow! Scary!! :D Thankfully, mine is just a small humble pond with long kang fishes..

oh yeah! 8| i just saw your blog in your sig. nice pond! hehe...still no pic of your red ear leh...

i think tanks and ponds are very peaceful looking and always attention grabbing.

if your pump consumes around 30w, then running costs per month should be around $5-$6 (for the pump alone).

also, you might like to add some carbon to turn your water crystal clear (i run carbon in my tank as well). one big bottle will last you for a long time

Edited by collegebookstore

we've been staying at this flat for abt 2.5 mths now. the previous bills hv only been ard 30-40+$. sekali yesterday kena whack with a 150$ bill! OMG! i would have fallen off my chair if it wasnt for the fact i was sitting on the floor. haiyoh. but i hv been home for the past couple of months maybe that's why. HOPEFULLY THAT'S WHY. ugg.