Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Read that utility fees going up again this year...sign...

yes, not just utility...everything goes up except my salary.

Hey just to check ar ... do you have a Utilities Save for Jan 2008 - $105 ( 4room ) ??? :jawdrop:

As I had made double payments for last mth :bleah::bleah:

now I have total credits of S249.46 with SP Services .. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

For the 1st time , I submit my meter readings and dun have to pay a single cent for PUB bill !!

:yamseng::yamseng:

yes, not just utility...everything goes up except my salary.

think everyone feels the same wor ... :(

yes everybody who signed up for the GST credit thing and has a utilities account will get it

so sad, me only get $50 so still have to pay $100+++ for SP bills :unsure::)

I agree, its better to submit your own meter readings, I did it once and the payment was reduced by $20 there so. The following months I didnt submit it went up to 90 plus again. Mine is 3rm with 2 pax, aircon, LCD TV, i cook by gas cylinder which saves a lot of money. The last tank lasted me close to 8 months and I cook quite a bit. I heard from a little bird that SP gives out huge bonuses, how do you think they managed to do that?

Hey just to check ar ... do you have a Utilities Save for Jan 2008 - $105 ( 4room ) ??? :notti:

As I had made double payments for last mth :P:(

now I have total credits of S249.46 with SP Services .. :bangwall::bangwall:

For the 1st time , I submit my meter readings and dun have to pay a single cent for PUB bill :bangwall:

:(:P

think everyone feels the same wor ... :(

so THAT was what it was about..i received a $-8.50 bill in Jan..was wondering what that was about. but typical SGrean lah, if they take extra will complain everywhere, if they give more will just diam-diam don't say anything lol

I agree, its better to submit your own meter readings, I did it once and the payment was reduced by $20 there so. The following months I didnt submit it went up to 90 plus again. Mine is 3rm with 2 pax, aircon, LCD TV, i cook by gas cylinder which saves a lot of money. The last tank lasted me close to 8 months and I cook quite a bit. I heard from a little bird that SP gives out huge bonuses, how do you think they managed to do that?

ya, so much better to submit our own meter readings. I started doing so from Jan 08 and have been paying quite identical bills for the past 2 months. No more sudden heart attack every 2 months when the bill can be more than $100 difference. Hahaha, for the bonus part, I dunno :yamseng:

2 person, 1 4ft fish tank, 1 1m x 1m fish pond, fridge is 500L. washing 2 times a week, no dryer. Avg $80 per month

We have not on the aircon (window unit) since jan as weather is good, been using fan. I will make a point to off lights when no one in rooms incl toilet, kitchen. We would watch tv together, thus use 1 fan and on 1 living room light. If two parties in separate room, either using computer, read mag, watch 2 tvs, it would consume electricity which is light and fan and tv too.

Try to off the tv main power switch (not jus using remote to off it to standby mode) cos standby mode consume electricity too.

Dun on the electric kettle jus becos of a cup of coffee cos it consume alot electricty especially big big thermal airport. Use microwave for one cup of hot water.

Use microwave for one cup of hot water.

huh....tot there was a report than warn us not to use microwave to heat up cup of water. Do be careful with it.

YES do not microwave water! It might form a cup of SUPERHEATED water whereby the molecules are full of energy but are kept in place. But once you move it, it would form a fountian of boiling water.

Search you tube for it, I am sure you can find a video on it.

must stir out the heat using a spoon before removing the cup from the microwave. DO not immediately poor any coffee powder into or else sure something bad will happen.

YEAH RIGHTLY SAID, ANYTHING INVOLVES OR GENERATES HEAT INCURS VERY HIGH DAMAGES. SINCE SINGAPORE IS THE SUMMER PERIOD ALL YR TRY COOLIN URSELF BATHING W/O HEATER WHEN POSSIBLE. 40-50 YRS BACK BELIEVE THERE ISNT SUCH COMFORT FOR OUR FORE-FATHERS. ANOTHER MAJOR CONTRIBUTION IS THE OVEN IF THERE IS ANY.

HOWEVER I MANAGED TO CONTROL........... SORRY NO SALES THREAD HERE...... PLS PM

RGRDS

hi all....reviving this thread as I am totally flabbergasted with the past 2 months utilities bill i received. Thus thought that I seek your help and insight.

My place is a resale 4-room flat. We are using the air-condition units left by the previous owners. In my flat, there are only 2 adults (who leave the house at 7.30 am and return at around 7.30 pm), a domestic helper, a 3-year old gal (who leave the house at 7.30 am and return at around 2 pm), and a 5-month old baby boy (who only comes back over the weekend).

For the past 2 months, my utilities bill was $200 (Aug 08) and $280 (Sep 08). Our daily lifestyle is as follows:

1) 1 unit of air-con is switched on from 10 pm to 7 am every day

2) 1 unit of air-con is switch on for about 6 hours (2 hours interval or more) on Sat and Sun

3) washing machine is run either once every 2 days or 3 days

4) all other electrical appliances are on standby switch

5) 1 standing fan is switched on from 10 pm to 7 am every day

6) ceiling fan is switched on from 7 pm to 9.30 pm (approximately)

7) IP surveillance camera is switched on 24 hours

8) cooking is done 5 days per week

thanks

hi all....reviving this thread as I am totally flabbergasted with the past 2 months utilities bill i received. Thus thought that I seek your help and insight.

My place is a resale 4-room flat. We are using the air-condition units left by the previous owners. In my flat, there are only 2 adults (who leave the house at 7.30 am and return at around 7.30 pm), a domestic helper, a 3-year old gal (who leave the house at 7.30 am and return at around 2 pm), and a 5-month old baby boy (who only comes back over the weekend).

For the past 2 months, my utilities bill was $200 (Aug 08) and $280 (Sep 08). Our daily lifestyle is as follows:

1) 1 unit of air-con is switched on from 10 pm to 7 am every day

2) 1 unit of air-con is switch on for about 6 hours (2 hours interval or more) on Sat and Sun

3) washing machine is run either once every 2 days or 3 days

4) all other electrical appliances are on standby switch

5) 1 standing fan is switched on from 10 pm to 7 am every day

6) ceiling fan is switched on from 7 pm to 9.30 pm (approximately)

7) IP surveillance camera is switched on 24 hours

8) cooking is done 5 days per week

thanks

It is a bit high but you forgot your fridge. Thats a power sucker, and also your hot pot. Anything that is 24 hours sucks like a vampire, washing machine is also a killer. Next time when you do your laundry, go watch your electric meter, see how fast the meter spins! I did notice too that an LCD tv kinda sucks more power than a conventional CRT type, I maybe wrong. Anyone expert on this?

For me, I have a habit of turning of all switches except for fridge when I leave. It's just my wife and I, the lowest I ever managed was 70. Highest was 140. Avg about 95. I dont know how I managed to do a 70, so I thought I better monitor the meter my self. Just in case PUB over estimates again.