Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

mmoh - Good progress you're making! I have seen pictures & videos of tiles in the household shelter & always thought it was accidentally leftover by HDB or the reno contractor. Didn't realise it was meant for the kitchen cabinet till your post.  These tiles can also be used as the base for the refrigerator and washing machine. 

Hope you don't mind answering some questions: Are your built-in carpentry made up of plywood? So you are re-locating your toilet basin opposite the WC, below the window?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
13 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

Hope you don't mind answering some questions: Are your built-in carpentry made up of plywood? So you are re-locating your toilet basin opposite the WC, below the window?

I think so, but it feel sturdy enough esp my platform as I have specifically highlighted this to the carpenter that I need to be sturdy enough to take weights of 5 adults and long lasting enough.

basin is just relocated along the same stretch, nearer to the wall. Not possible to relocate to opp WC as 1) blocking door 2) piping will be a nightmare (to diagonally opposite) 3) block access to aircon ledge.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2016 at 0:06 AM, Jess Ong said:

This bathtub look smaller than usual, can i know where is this photo taken? i really like the design.  i'm trying to look for a smaller width which is around 600, do you have any idea where i can get. 

It's actually a Thai condo showroom, so not in SG. No idea where you to get smaller bathtubs

mmoh - Looking at what you and andotang did with their bathrooms has inspired me to do something similar.

At the blue & green lines, there will be kerbs. At the blue line, there will be a tempered frosted glass screen. Preferably, the shower head can located at the red dot (left side) and the door opens to the right.  If the shower head can only be located at the yellow dot (right side), the door opens to the left. Not sure if this shower layout is practical as it measures only 0.66m by 1.66m.

large.Bathroom.jpg

3 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

mmoh - Looking at what you and andotang did with their bathrooms has inspired me to do something similar.

At the blue & green lines, there will be kerbs. At the blue line, there will be a tempered frosted glass screen. Preferably, the shower head can located at the red dot (left side) and the door opens to the right.  If the shower head can only be located at the yellow dot (right side), the door opens to the left. Not sure if this shower layout is practical as it measures only 0.66m by 1.66m.

large.Bathroom.jpg

Based on this floor plan, the shower head should be at the left side, ie. red dot, and door open to the right, ie. red triangle.

Reason being need water pipe in the wall and the black structure is the beam. If the original position of the door is at the red triangle, then u can be assured that door opens towards the wall, just like the at the bottom of the picture. It will be a bi-fold door.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

I think 66cm width is too narrow for shower area. Minimum width to be comfortable while showering should be about 80cm, if you are average sized.:)

• Like 1

mmoh - Thanks for pointing out about the structural beam & water pipes.

Stream - Yes, 0.66m is very narrow. Hopefully, when I get my keys in 1.5 years, the actual area will be wider. Otherwise I will have to use the shower area assigned by HDB which is the area opposite the toilet.

On 8/21/2016 at 3:16 PM, Stream said:

I think 66cm width is too narrow for shower area. Minimum width to be comfortable while showering should be about 80cm, if you are average sized.:)

I agree 66cm is too narrow. I measured my width at the basin area, only 55cm which is very very narrow. I will need to take a step back to brush teeth. :D

13 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

mmoh - Thanks for pointing out about the structural beam & water pipes.

Stream - Yes, 0.66m is very narrow. Hopefully, when I get my keys in 1.5 years, the actual area will be wider. Otherwise I will have to use the shower area assigned by HDB which is the area opposite the toilet.

u already know that your shower area is opp WC? how? Looking at ur floor plan, I suspect the shower area is at the red dot, if not they wont leave such a big space unused.

21 minutes ago, urbanite said:

@mmoh Re the daybed with drawers. Looks like single size?

What's the cost to make that if you don't mind my asking?

To supply labour, tools and material to fabricate (L)11ft x (H)500mm wooden laminated day bed platform with drawers at window area $1,720.00  

To supply labour, tools and material to fabricate (L)3.5ft wooden open shelf cabinet with laminated finish at day bed area $735.00

width is about 1m

Edited by mmoh

2 hours ago, mmoh said:

To supply labour, tools and material to fabricate (L)11ft x (H)500mm wooden laminated day bed platform with drawers at window area $1,720.00  

To supply labour, tools and material to fabricate (L)3.5ft wooden open shelf cabinet with laminated finish at day bed area $735.00

width is about 1m

:o

Hi mmoh - Under layout ideas in the sales brochure, there is an area (dashed lines) in the bathroom, which I assumed is the shower area. Maybe the space in the top left corner is for storage or a washing machine? That would certainly free up space in the kitchen.

large.57d4d642881a2_BathroomLayout.jpg

Edited by 2Roomer

Hello fellow 2-roomers!

I have finally chosen my unit during the May 2016 BTO selection. Will be residing at Bukit Panjang :)

Hope to share my journey with you guys and perhaps, get some inspiration from you folks too!

Edited by Liza Hassan

On 10/09/2016 at 11:35 AM, Liza Hassan said:

Hello fellow 2-roomers!

I have finally chosen my unit during the May 2016 BTO selection. Will be residing at Bukit Panjang :)

Hope to share my journey with you guys and perhaps, get some inspiration from you folks too!

Welcome to the club! You got a good location, there's a hawker centre & LRT nearby right? But there is a long wait between flat selection and key collection. I think most of us in this forum are just waiting and planning for the space in our flat.

Hi guys, think I'm the latest member of this forum.

Gotten my number (45) for selection this friday (16/09/16) for EastCreek @ Canberra for 2 room (47sqm)..

Just a question for the "qian bei"s here. Is it ideal to do up carpentry for this?

contemporary-bedroom_260415_03.jpg

contemporary-bedroom_260415_14.jpg

Edited by daztan89