Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

room quite big, but living room small. bathroom just nice for L-shape shower screen if u want.  I will hack the wall between living and bedroom.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
56 minutes ago, mmoh said:

room quite big, but living room small. bathroom just nice for L-shape shower screen if u want.  I will hack the wall between living and bedroom.

From what I saw at the hdb myhome showflat unit of 38 sqm, between the living room and the bedroom is a sliding wall. I am not sure if I will be given that sliding door or have to install one myself. Putting a piece of glass as a partition can be nice too instead of the sliding wooden wall. My intention is not to hack anything of. Want it be as pristine as possible. Hacking costs really not cheap from what I have read so far. 

Edited by pirarara

I dont like glass panel in the room cos very obvious when dirty with finger prints. if u want to divide the rooms, use your wardrobe to divide it. the back can be used as tv wall although i think 2850 abit short so ur TV cannot be too big.

Actually I got the initial whimsical idea to install a big aquarium to 

divide the living n the bedroom. I really love fishes especially those big fishes. 

I think it's so much hassle to maintain such huge thing. Hv to forgo that. Haha.

I got a new neighbour who install a I think at least 6 ft tank to divide the main door and living room, his is 5 room unit though and yes, big fishes.

1 caution of putting aquarium is the sound of the airpump and motor... esp if use it is in the bedroom...  not advisable lah.

On 20 April 2016 at 10:33 PM, mmoh said:

congrats! show ur floorplan?  How to have open concept for bathroom?

image.png

Didnt realize I can't hack the toilet walls, wanted to use glass/frosted glass all around to let as much light in as possible. Also thinking to squeeze the toilet, sink and shower along the aircon ledge wall and bring in the bath room closer to the wall so it opens up the living area more. Also want to hack the divider between the living room and bedroom. 

Edited by triathlete
edit

5 hours ago, triathlete said:

Didnt realize I can't hack the toilet walls, wanted to use glass/frosted glass all around to let as much light in as possible. Also thinking to squeeze the toilet, sink and shower along the aircon ledge wall and bring in the bath room closer to the wall so it opens up the living area more. Also want to hack the divider between the living room and bedroom. 

Don't think you've the wall length to place everything along the aircon wall though. 

Glass all round is only possible if you're not doing wardrobe and kitchen cabinets along the common wall with the bathroom. As for frosted glass, it doesn't really open the space that much and your guests may not be comfortable using your bathroom as frosted glass still expose a bit :D 

One way is doing clear glass window with roller blinds installed for privacy. Really open up the space and can be quite cool. Something like this.

large.DSC01688ed.jpg

On 20 April 2016 at 10:33 PM, mmoh said:
1 hour ago, Stream said:

Don't think you've the wall length to place everything along the aircon wall though. 

Glass all round is only possible if you're not doing wardrobe and kitchen cabinets along the common wall with the bathroom. As for frosted glass, it doesn't really open the space that much and your guests may not be comfortable using your bathroom as frosted glass still expose a bit :D 

One way is doing clear glass window with roller blinds installed for privacy. Really open up the space and can be quite cool. Something like this.

That's one concern though I thought about getting those sink + toilet combo that might save some space..Willing to sacrifice to a narrow bath area..then also divide between wet/dry bathroom with glass doors facing living area..think can save about half a metre..dont want the toilet jutting out so much into living area.

Kitchen stuff will be along the wall where the main door is..thought of putting the sink at the windows..though that would hinder the drying of clothes but then again I won't have much laundry..again something I don't mind sacrificing.

9 hours ago, triathlete said:

I like your layout.  squeezing all 3 in 1 row is challenging.

For sink in kitchen, it has to depends on where all the piping are, which are not shown in the floorplan.  So where you gonna place your sink, your washing machine, have to depends on the piping location, unless u want to do a major overhaul.  Since your kitchen is so squarish, if you dont cook alot, you can even place a small dining table in the kitchen.

I also want install shower glass panel in bathroom but my bathroom have 2 access from kitchen and bedroom so it is challenge .

1.  May need to seal the door mat kitchen side

Or 

2. Get a bath tub and curtain but not sure about  the actually size of  bathroom so don't know can't fit it or not 

3.   Never have dry and wet bathroom :( 

3 hours ago, ahjack said:

I also want install shower glass panel in bathroom but my bathroom have 2 access from kitchen and bedroom so it is challenge .

1.  May need to seal the door mat kitchen side

Or 

2. Get a bath tub and curtain but not sure about  the actually size of  bathroom so don't know can't fit it or not 

3.   Never have dry and wet bathroom :( 

ahjack welcome back!

U got see what I planned to do to my bathroom? refer to previous page.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmoh said:

ahjack welcome back!

U got see what I planned to do to my bathroom? refer to previous page.

yes, I saw the design. quite like it..u got your key ?

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

collected key last Oct. Havent start reno yet.

Wow congrats .  So good . Please do share the pic of your new home when is ready .