Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi mmoh and everyone out there 

Been reading this thread. Love ur day bed =) mine same as ur. 45 type, top 2020 Q2 West Plains at BB. 

May I know what kind of lighting u install. 

IMG_20170511_073027.jpg.66fbaa04ebeadacd7ca2a9fe3ce75bd2.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Related question, for new or re-positioning of lighting and power points, do most people conceal it in the walls/ceilings even though HDB don't allow it? I would hate to do a false ceiling just to conceal the wirings.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, jojoso said:

Hi mmoh and everyone out there 

Been reading this thread. Love ur day bed =) mine same as ur. 45 type, top 2020 Q2 West Plains at BB. 

May I know what kind of lighting u install. 

IMG_20170511_073027.jpg.66fbaa04ebeadacd7ca2a9fe3ce75bd2.jpg

thks, I love my day bed too! :D another BB!

The good thing about the newer design with bathroom door open to living room is u get to have queen size bed! :(

My lights are simple squarish LED lights. Same design but different size for different rooms.

IMG-20161119-WA0005.jpg.9217df8f516e6912cece930d8a3b95b3.jpg

1 hour ago, Stream said:

Related question, for new or re-positioning of lighting and power points, do most people conceal it in the walls/ceilings even though HDB don't allow it? I would hate to do a false ceiling just to conceal the wirings.

conceal in wall. electrician will drill and reposition it.

11 hours ago, mmoh said:

thks, I love my day bed too! :D another BB!

The good thing about the newer design with bathroom door open to living room is u get to have queen size bed! :(

My lights are simple squarish LED lights. Same design but different size for different rooms.

IMG-20161119-WA0005.jpg.9217df8f516e6912cece930d8a3b95b3.jpg

conceal in wall. electrician will drill and reposition it.

Squarish light look nice... Can consider.. Hehehe.. Thanks. 

I currently staying BB too.. Used to living in BB =)

Yeah starting I would like to have queen size platform bed.. But seems like High platform queen might b too ex.. 5-6k etc..

intend to place TV in the room. If I want more space.. Then I hv to put single bed lol

Still considering =/

Edited by jojoso

3 hours ago, jojoso said:

Squarish light look nice... Can consider.. Hehehe.. Thanks. 

I currently staying BB too.. Used to living in BB =)

Yeah starting I would like to have queen size platform bed.. But seems like High platform queen might b too ex.. 5-6k etc..

intend to place TV in the room. If I want more space.. Then I hv to put single bed lol

Still considering =/

TV can just hang on wall, save space.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 11:59 AM, jojoso said:

Ya

opposite ur SS bed is empty? 

let you have some idea on the width of the room. mine is 3150. after putting the bed, i only have about 1.5 feet space to walk.

2017-02-12_08_52_57.jpg.8a3430825ff558b30afa4ab3e60a02cb.jpg

On 2017-5-14 at 6:43 PM, mmoh said:

let you have some idea on the width of the room. mine is 3150. after putting the bed, i only have about 1.5 feet space to walk.

Hi mmoh 

Paisey not feeling well past two days.. So din come online.

Thank for d illustration =) woah seems v small and limited.. My width 3050.. Shorter than your..

Really have to learn space saving and dump many stuffs away.. Sob. 

On 2017-5-14 at 6:43 PM, mmoh said:

I like how the shelves make use of the recessed wall to have a "layering" look.

Not too keen on having a wall mounted fan though. Seems like would be hard to clean and can't remove easily if wanna change.

40 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

I like how the shelves make use of the recessed wall to have a "layering" look.

Not too keen on having a wall mounted fan though. Seems like would be hard to clean and can't remove easily if wanna change.

I got headache trying to plan for that space previously and my ID suggested me to do platform bed and make use of that space for storage but I decided against platform bed so that space was somehow left empty.

I was also looking at Ikea website and similar plank cost $19 each. When I went BKK last year, I saw Big C supermart selling these planks too and thought it is a just nice measurement for that space and hence decided to carry them back to SG. 4 pcs altogether and 2 pcs were installed above the washing machine. Each cost about $10 roughly. So I save $9 x 4 = $36 :D

I am used to wall fan in my parents house, cleaning is of cos more troublesome compare to standing fan but I am ok with it. Most importantly is I can save space. Cos I cant find a good location for a standing fan in my room without blocking the way...

Edited by mmoh

20 minutes ago, mmoh said:

I am used to wall fan in my parents house, cleaning is of cos more troublesome compare to standing fan but I am ok with it. Most importantly is I can save space. Cos I cant find a good location for a standing fan in my room without blocking the way...

Hmm..I noticed in many of your space considerations, that having a big walking space is a very important element for you, and this seems to override even decision to choose a Super Single Bed over a Queen Bed (other then the other issue of hard to change bedsheet)

17 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Hmm..I noticed in many of your space considerations, that having a big walking space is a very important element for you, and this seems to override even decision to choose a Super Single Bed over a Queen Bed (other then the other issue of hard to change bedsheet)

Is it? Hmm... I have never think of it that way, about the need of a big walking space, that is. Maybe subcounsciously? hmm... 

But seriously in the bedroom, I cannot find a space for the walking fan. I did consider ceiling fan but decided on wall fan.

The decision point against queen size bed is really the change bedsheet issue. And the benefits that comes with a super single bed is also I do not need to climb onto the bed to close window when it rains. Maybe also becos currently I am sleeping on a queen size bed and the other one-third of the bed is always left unused hence wasted. So it seems the cons > pros for a queen size bed.

Just now, mmoh said:

Is it? Hmm... I have never think of it that way, about the need of a big walking space, that is. Maybe subcounsciously? hmm... 

But seriously in the bedroom, I cannot find a space for the walking fan. I did consider ceiling fan but decided on wall fan.

The decision point against queen size bed is really the change bedsheet issue. And the benefits that comes with a super single bed is also I do not need to climb onto the bed to close window when it rains. Maybe also becos currently I am sleeping on a queen size bed and the other one-third of the bed is always left unused hence wasted. So it seems the cons > pros for a queen size bed.

Was there no space to put an end-table at a corner to put a table fan now that you put a Super Single bed?
But its ok lah, as long as you are comfortable with wall fan can lor. I just find wall fan very...80s looking :D

1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

Was there no space to put an end-table at a corner to put a table fan now that you put a Super Single bed?
But its ok lah, as long as you are comfortable with wall fan can lor. I just find wall fan very...80s looking :D

lol! i like 80s! other than the exams that comes with it :x

no space for table fan too. later this week i take a picture to show u the corner. btw, the plank width is only 20cm, that fits to the recessed wall nicely.

Hi all, i am very sad... my toilet vision is not going well..

last wk meet up with my frend (ID), she proposed my L shower (in red) will be 75cm x 90cm... omg!!!! how miserable is that??? T_T

so i said, why cannot be like this (in blue), and shift the basin... so i have whole rectangle as wet area.. apparently the wall is not enough, (the brown dot)

she say the lousy position of the toilet bowl makes it hard to play ard with the shower area.

i dont' want to hack the wall in the kitchen to make the toilet door and deprive myself the kitchen cabinet...  or hack bed room side to deprive my cupboard wall.

what to you folks think?

1.jpg