Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

2 hours ago, mmoh said:

washing machine put where?

Hi mmoh - My BTO has a one-wall kitchen similar to the Blum showroom. I will probably put the washing machine and dryer in the area where the green open shelves are. Not keen on having a tower cabinet like the one next to the fridge, it's a waste of valuable counter space.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
4 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi mmoh - My BTO has a one-wall kitchen similar to the Blum showroom. I will probably put the washing machine and dryer in the area where the green open shelves are. Not keen on having a tower cabinet like the one next to the fridge, it's a waste of valuable counter space.

Top of the washing machine probably put a cabinet for your laundry floor cleaning stuff like soap and softener.

On Wednesday, February 08, 2017 at 10:46 AM, mmoh said:

is ok one, go and talk to them and tell them u got no idea also ok one, lol! i told that to the 1st ID i met.

ID by right understand what you want and your lifestyle and help u to think of the design and layout, after that helps to coordinate the whole reno process. contractor is u tell them do what they just do it and u need to get different contractor to do different job, eg. tiler, electrician, plumber, carpenter etc.

Hi there.  New here! Looking for id's too. :) 

But most importantly is comfort and ease in communication. Because you have to deal with them for at least a month or so for the progress. 

I bought a condo and went to some id firms.

However alot don't entertain small frys. Haha. 

Only this lady who joined the industry for less than a year strike a fondness in me. She was extremely polite and always ready to update me on anything without fail. The thing is, if I select her, I get one senior designer and her to serve me at the same time which to me sounds great. Always have to give new people a chance right? :) That being said.. anyone here looking for id can share experiences with me? Anyone else who is also looking to renovate soon too?

23 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

ya, i would put the washing machine there too but the location of washing machine is always depends on where the drainage outlet is.

18 hours ago, zacksq said:

Top of the washing machine probably put a cabinet for your laundry floor cleaning stuff like soap and softener.

i installed 2 planks there to put these items.

On 2/20/2017 at 7:41 PM, mmoh said:

hi, I think you got quite an interesting layout here.

Living room - instead of partition wall, you can actually do a full height shoe cabinet. if your intention is also for privacy, then that shoe cabinet should serve the purpose.  Note that there is casement door in the DB cabinet so if you put your computer table there, it might block the door.

Kitchen - I suspect you might need to switch your fridge and washing machine location. Cos my washing machine drainage pipe is located right beside the rectangle where all the pipes goes to. At first glance on your layout, I think this layout suits a bar counter type of kitchen, at the place where kitchen and living room connects. This will probably gives you the dining area but you will not be able to do the L-shaped cabinet with sink liao. If you do not plan to have door for kitchen then maybe you can consider bar top / dining table at that location.

hello to another bunny! ya after reading through 84 pages you know what my response will be to another bunny! LOL!!! :good: Another BB! near near and Q4 this year is very soon!

I did not use any sketch software although I did download sketchup, too complicated for my simple mind -_-" . I only use ppt with simple rectangles to illustrate to ID the positioning. What andye2SG used there seems quite straight forward.

Thanks M. Moh,

Stealing one more idea. Is it feasible to do stucco wall tiles effect behind my proposed TV area? What is the quote then for said total square feet normally costs?

6 hours ago, andye2SG said:

Thanks M. Moh,

Stealing one more idea. Is it feasible to do stucco wall tiles effect behind my proposed TV area? What is the quote then for said total square feet normally costs?

sorry ah, i know nuts abt stucco wall tiles >_<

Hi, 

I just join this group. 

wish to know what is the estimate cost to do the renovation?

i have opt out the flooring.. so it will need to be included.

I met an ID and he quoted me around 14k . Is it the market rate? 

tks. 

23 hours ago, tsaieh said:

Hi, 

I just join this group. 

wish to know what is the estimate cost to do the renovation?

i have opt out the flooring.. so it will need to be included.

I met an ID and he quoted me around 14k . Is it the market rate? 

tks. 

it all boils down to what you want to do.  some can do it with 5k while some can spend 50k.

mine was 15k

6 hours ago, ahjack1976 said:

Hi hi

any one install storage rack in bomb shelter ? Can share the supplier contact number? 

i havent... but u will find many ads in the lift.

Storeroom rack.jpg

Hi All.

Am back after a long long absence. :P

My 2rm bto flat is scheduled to be completed by 2nd quarter of 2018 (PCD date) but i hope to receive the keys by Oct\early Nov so that can move in before 2018 starts. Right now they have finished building the units and still working on the interior and exterior areas. Like many of you, there's the feeling of excitement especially when it comes to renovation. But how early is it that one needs to provision to find the right contractor/ID? Any feedback would be good. Thanks in advance.

On 3/18/2017 at 0:46 AM, simoncjy said:

Hi All.

My 2rm bto flat is scheduled to be completed by 2nd quarter of 2018 (PCD date) but i hope to receive the keys by Oct\early Nov so that can move in before 2018 starts. Right now they have finished building the units and still working on the interior and exterior areas. Like many of you, there's the feeling of excitement especially when it comes to renovation. But how early is it that one needs to provision to find the right contractor/ID? Any feedback would be good. Thanks in advance.

depends on how choosy / fussy u r :x

not too early cos most will not entertain u. some request to view actual unit to take measurement to give accurate quote. if u already know what exactly u want to do, earliest is 6 mths to 3 mths b4 is good if ur want reno to commence immediately after keys collection.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 0:46 AM, simoncjy said:

Hi All.

Timing is only one aspect. If you are a novice, try to do as much "homework" as you can about renovation even before you meet up with them. Aim to equip yourself with the knowledge to evaluate their competency, proposals etc, and for the one you select, to be able to supervise them effectively. Such knowledge cover many things including choice of materials, product/brand knowledge, pricing/value comparison etc. The more you know, the less likely things will go wrong.

Also, don't forget that there are many things you need to do that has nothing to do with your ID/contractor. My approach is to get all these sorted out beforehand so that when renovation starts, I'm focused on monitoring/supervising their work instead of being busy trying to figure which aircon model to get, which installer to engage and where to get the best deal :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Roomer said:

Spotted this renovated HDB flat => https://qanvast.com/sg/projects/fineline-design-yishun-avenue-4-block-672a-5967

I am quite sure it is a 2 room flat but the floor area is specified as 65m2.

yup, shd be 2 room, the newer version where the bathroom door opens to living room.

but how come so fast? or there are older version whr bathroom door opens to the living room?

envy the abundance of counter top space in the kitchen... >_<