Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello!

it depends on your forwarder. Amcon took around 8days for sea shipment. other forwarders may take up to 3 weeks.

Thank you so much, I'm getting my keys mid next year! Hope its not too early to start researching.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello , can i check where did you get the black conduict pipe trunkings from and hw much ?

Hello!

I did not purchase the black conduits. I informed my electrician that i wanted black conduits and they just fixed up for me while pulling the electrical wires. HTHs.

@Del8

rainshower link: http://world.tmall.com/item/35517712316.htm?id=35517712316&spm=a312a.7716974.0.0.lpCvck&_u=p1jv6jeh2134

@Muffinkins

It's not too late! you need to do some research and compare between different shops! you can start to scout if you have your theme in mind! ^^

Hi xhomesweethomex,

Thanks for sharing your renovation journey with us.

Do you mind to PM me ur contractor contact? I have pm you already.

Thanks in advance.

Riving my t-blog because there will be a renovation part 2 (albeit a minor one) after moving in close to a year! 

We or rather i, have decided to overlay my living and bedroom tiles to laminated wood flooring after moving in close to a year!

This came rather late because over the past year, i have seen how my tiles behaves and i sort of cant stand it! It is matte & white hence any stains will be very obvious and visible. I have a patch of brown coloured stain in one of the bedroom and it cant be removed even with magic sponge.

Another reason is because of the grouting! OMG how i hate to see different shades of grouting everywhere i walk. :huh: grey,white,cream,black... :unsure: i cannot see myself squatting there scrubbing the grouting with a toothbrush. haha! 

This is really irritating! So i decided to splurge a little on overlaying wood laminate flooring and decided to do some research and get quotations.

//// Vinyl wood tiles is available in TB and is so much cheaper than what is quoted locally but i cant find a tiler who can assist to do the overlaying hence i have no choice but to engage a local company.

//// i choose laminated wood over vinyl because both are quite similar in terms of anti stain, anti bacteria, slip resistance etc. The only main diff is vinyl is supposedly 100% waterproof (but i dont get why it cant be used in toilets?!) and the other is water resistance. Pricing wise is almost 50% difference.

I have asked around and decided to engage a local company whose pricing is quite friendly to the pocket and of course they provide good pre-sales service so far which i am quite particular with. They entertain all my questions and patiently explains the differences between vinyl and laminated wood to a noob like me.

The works will be scheduled on 30th Apr(which is next weekend!) Till then, i will review and share more photos of my not so new home!

/// to add on, all the Taobao items which i bought last year is still in good working condition. nothing has broken yet (cross fingers). i wont do a one to one review on each items so if anyone is interested in a particular item and its review, do let me know!

:wub::wub:

Welcome back! 

Were your tiles from HDB? Bummer to hear! Tiles used to be so easy to maintain, but quality has definitely dropped over the years. 

1 hour ago, bykaraanne said:

Welcome back! 

Were your tiles from HDB? Bummer to hear! Tiles used to be so easy to maintain, but quality has definitely dropped over the years. 

Yes it was! haha..really a bummer :( was trying to convince myself that i can make do with it but really :wacko:.

I think glossy finish is easier to maintain than matte ones (IMO).

49 minutes ago, xhomesweethomex said:

Yes it was! haha..really a bummer :( was trying to convince myself that i can make do with it but really :wacko:.

I think glossy finish is easier to maintain than matte ones (IMO).

Tiling uncle told me matte tiles can get light color but need to get better quality (expensive ones). He says very big diff in maintenance. 

matte tiles in dark shades is virtually self-maintaining. But I agree glossy looks cleaner and cleans easier with mop!

that said, I am very thankful I got my dark matte floors cus my coffee table shattered all over during cleaning and if I'd gotten glossy really ggwp :P 

On 5/13/2015 at 9:40 AM, xhomesweethomex said:

Almost done photos :

Black Galaxy granite kitchen top is up!

IMG_0731_zpsiexjx4wa.jpg

TB Stainless steel pull out tray is up too!

IMG_0730_zpsb3zvljbg.jpg

Pardon the boxes,the crib is like a warzone now.

I am totally loving the ReLite fan purchased from taiyong electric @ jalan besar! Can't afford haiku fan so we got this as an alternative! the wind is quite strong and the blades are made of metal than hard plastic.

IMG_0733_zpsupgcxpd3.jpg

hi! may i know how much u bought the fan for?

10 minutes ago, Elicia Tan said:

hi! may i know how much u bought the fan for?

Hello!

I think it was $179? from Jln Besar Brand is Relite, a local brand i believe. :D

3 hours ago, aquariusteh said:

i like your rectangle LED light. Could you PM me the link for that? And May i know how many watts u used for your kitchen and bedroom?

Hiya!

The shop i purchase from already no longer selling.

But i found another shop : https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.108.LsDEdi&id=44728878754&ns=1&abbucket=19#detail

For bedrooms/kitchen, i use 48W, service yard - 15W. 

• Like 1