Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wahaha I lived at amk Ave 10 and Ave 3 in the 70s and 80s with my family

So many ppl in AMK before they move out, and I only been here for almost the 5th year

Day 82 - Boxing Day

I think nothing much to update my place, but since I am in the holiday mood, so I went down to Gain City to buy my washing machine and dryer.

As much as the technology are so advance and almost all brand have a 2 in 1 washing machine, but I still go for the individual unit.

This 2 are the final big appliances I need for my house, I wish I could afford a Miele, but that can only dreams,

So I go for LG, I been using 1 for more than 4 years and no complaint so go back to the brand I trust will be a good ideal I think.

For the dryer I choses a heat pump dryer, as much it will cost me more by going for a heat pump model. But this is the most energy saving option so I think in the long run it will be worth it.

medium03.jpgmedium.jpg

Both item come with a free gift, a tefal rice cooker + air fryer (non philips I think) on top of that I can get either $50 NTUC voucher or a LG microwave open.

Later today I will go down the place to take a look again. If there is any new update will sure give you guys some photo update.

The only benefit of a washer-dryer combo machine should be the space savings. Otherwise it is very troublesome when you have a lot of laundry to wash & dry. Additionally, I have an unverified belief that such machines consume more power.

This heat pump technology sounds interesting. Does it mean there is no hot air exhaust? What is the energy rating? My 7kg normal dryer is 2,250W.

The only benefit of a washer-dryer combo machine should be the space savings. Otherwise it is very troublesome when you have a lot of laundry to wash & dry. Additionally, I have an unverified belief that such machines consume more power.

This heat pump technology sounds interesting. Does it mean there is no hot air exhaust? What is the energy rating? My 7kg normal dryer is 2,250W.

Wow KS you wake up so early on a Sunday,

I think if i not wrong from condenser dryer there will be no exhaust needed so some go with heat pump.

This unit the energy rating for Singapore is 5 ticks

So I hope it can really cut down my electricity bills.

Just happen to stumble upon here, looking very nice from start till now, smooth journey so far. Will be my turn soon, looking for IDs now.

hi huiamos, welcome and thank you for dropping by and your kind word.

Is not all smooth, but I don't think there is any big issue so all under control.

All the best on the ID searching and process. Take your time if you have some time allowance, find the one that you think u can connect is important in my point of view.

Edited by nextstep

hi huiamos, welcome and thank you for dropping by and your kind word.

Is not all smooth, but I don't think there is any big issue so all under control.

All the best on the ID searching and process. Take your time if you have some time allowance, find the one that you think u can connect is important in my point of view.

Thanks nextstep! I will be getting keys to my resale 4room in March. Getting all excited already. Shortlisting to 4 IDs. Will be talking to them and see what's their plan/quotation like.

Can't wait to see more of your house progress.

Sorry that it's so late!

This is 38cm. More than enough for hubby and me to vacuum easily.

image_zpsnglhccpg.jpeg

Hope it helps!

Thanks Kara for the photo, I am sure you been very busy because lots of party and holiday lots of us didn't even come to this forum.

Completed all your house warming parties? or more to come?

I end up custom made a divan to maximise my walking space.

Thanks nextstep! I will be getting keys to my resale 4room in March. Getting all excited already. Shortlisting to 4 IDs. Will be talking to them and see what's their plan/quotation like.

Can't wait to see more of your house progress.

Congratulation, I am sure it is a exciting time for you.

It is good that you start shortinglisting ID now, not like me only do it after getting my key, wasted lots of time.

My place is 90% complete, I should be going down to take a look tomorrow and see how is the progress and do some check.

Now is more about waiting for furniture and most of the appliances to be in, than I have to start looking at a date to move in liao.

Edited by nextstep

I felt I should have now paid more attention to my washing machine because my new flat has no ceiling poles to hang clothes and to hang outside I am a little scare of the height to put the long poles outside.

So I don't even know what I bought has dryer or not :(

Let me know if any good good dates in January for moving house

Edited by Luxexplorer

I dint want to install inside hang poles cos will make the kitchen more cramp. Plan is to install to pull out zig zag poles from wall.

Google the auspicious dates but must check if compatible with your sign too.. lol

I felt I should have now paid more attention to my washing machine because my new flat has no ceiling poles to hang clothes and to hang outside I am a little scare of the height to put the long poles outside.

Thanks Kara for the photo, I am sure you been very busy because lots of party and holiday lots of us didn't even come to this forum.

Completed all your house warming parties? or more to come?

I end up custom made a divan to maximise my walking space.

I see, hope it turns out well!

Done with housewarming! :) my bday this week so that should be it. Haha

Install the retractable ones? I know the ones in the new BTO can go for as low as $2xx and I really like them.