Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi bykaraanne! Love the theme you've got and look forward to more updates! Where did you get the gold cutlery? They look awesome against the backdrop! :)

Thank you! I look forward to it progressing too. hehe.

I got them from Isetan. They are loosely sold, though, so to buy a complete set might take a bit of luck! I bought 4 pieces of each, total 16 pieces. :)

ART:

Art is a BIG part of our home! I love abstract paintings and also the regal paintings you see everywhere in London, but sometimes get spooked by them. Heh! See, my Modern Classic taste comes through in art too.

My first "bigger" purchase (it really isn't that expensive, but to people who don't enjoy decorating their home with art it might be) was an Iris Grace Painting. If you don't know, she is a SIX year old autistic phenomenal painter. I am already eyeing two more of her paintings -- I might not have enough walls to mount them all. Besides, I need a mixture of artwork. But I really love a lot of her paintings.

It came in the mail today. I took a quick shot of it, but it's gorgeous in real life. I can't even. :dancingqueen:

Ahhhhhhh I'm beginning to see a bit of light at the end of the reno tunnel!

n4y6ht.jpg

• Like 1

CEMENT SCREED AND TILES:

We opted out of the HDB tiles so had to pay for the hefty screeding $$ but Edmund really fast hand fast leg... Living room has been screeded, tiles have arrived and my living room will be completed today!

Kitchen base is also done. Waiting for the aircon guys on Monday, then the rooms will be screeded (the master bath :notti: ). My bathtub also came today but I forgot to take picture. Dangnabbit!!

c7s6s.jpg

2ain9cx.jpg

As I've said, we opted for the "unconventional" tile laying by changing the color at the walkway instead of at the entrance to the rooms. But I think it turned out pretty good, right?!

2agvnev.jpg

I don't know why Tinypic rotates my pictures :angry2:

But I feel like I've made the right choice for my tiles so far!! :dancingqueen:

Yay on happy flooring! :) :) And we were at Ikea today! My man was fascinated by all the storage solutions, haha. Have you decided which you'll go for?

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: Why he so mean hahaha

I have no carpentry with my contractor as of now. All movable furniture because I am a perpetual designer (ie 职业病)

Kitchen we're still undecided on going with IKEA or Edmund. Waiting to hear from IKEA today if can finalize by this weekend, that'll be great. :)

Yay on happy flooring! :) :) And we were at Ikea today! My man was fascinated by all the storage solutions, haha. Have you decided which you'll go for?

I'm going for the SAVEDAL range with IKEA, with a Silestone countertop. :)

Everything is done in the living room now and I love it :wub::wub:

Everything will move so quickly from here it's getting scary! :sport-smiley-003:

Your living room is done??? That is mad fast! Pictures!!!

I'm going for the SAVEDAL range with IKEA, with a Silestone countertop. :)

Everything is done in the living room now and I love it :wub::wub:

Everything will move so quickly from here it's getting scary! :sport-smiley-003:

Your living room is done??? That is mad fast! Pictures!!!

Only the tiles la, but fast hor?

1 day cement screed + kitchen base

1/2 day tiles + grout up.

Tmrw skirting, hopefully I'll get there before they cover up the flooring. They will be screeding the bedrooms and toilet tmrw I think! Then start tiling immediately after my aircon is done on Monday...

Can't wait for my marble MBR!!

313q7vd.jpg

My bathtub :dancingqueen:

2n8orar.jpg

Contractor sent to me one. When I went there it was too dark to take pics already. But in my own opinion super chio from the entrance (buey hiao bai haha). Cus I never expected myself to choose dark flooring... :sport-smiley-018:

Your renovation is going fast and furious. Looking forward to see the completed project.

Hanor!! I don't know why Edmund so fast hand fast leg one.

Make me scared only.

Cus I only want to move in in December... :dunno:

FURNITURE 2:

11sdws1.png

Have been searching for a fabric headboard divan bed but with seat-in... IMM crazy stores charged me like $1688 for bed frame alone. I don't always go for cheapest... But when I found this on FortyTwo, it's super my style and has storage as well, plus, it has mattress guards! So fits all criteria. Also kind on my pocket. Decided to place order today, will come in a little more than a month's time. Judging by my flat's progress, should be in good time, if not, reschedule. HAHA.

mpsuf.png

Also finally bought my 2x clear ghost armchairs from fortytwo.sg as well. Cus they got 7 day return policy, if quality really bad then I might look elsewhere. TB not that much cheaper, so I rather get something locally.

Congrats..Always feel good and great to see things moving for sure.

Thanks! Have been peeping at yours too. But your is BIG project!!!:good: Can't wait to see more on yours!

Haha for this kind of chair, i wont buy from overseas.. any issue hard to refund or exchange.the chairs is nice.

Actually true lor, quite fragile. If price diff very very big then I will consider. But for this is okay.

Wanted to buy from Kartell but think it's $480 per piece... I know quality diff but cannot bear to put down the money for two chairs... So just try first!

:sport-smiley-003: