Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

And one thing, you cannot change the wc orginal piping system as it will affect the floor below you, but what my id did was to use the existing point and by using a p-trap connector and additional pvc piping to link to the original wc pipe position.

There was no change make to any structural slab or flooring thus dont need any pe. Those id that tells you change wc position need to get pe endorsement is unless you change the entire piping original position (landed or private property), but for hdb, its impossible cause the original piping position is from ground floor all the way to the top.

You cannot just change your own level, it will affect the top and bottom unit for hdb.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For me i ask the id to erect a low wall because i want to cover the additional pvc pipe, if not it will look ugly. If one person dont mind the pvc pipe exposed, you dont need to spend that money, my id quote me 600 for the low wall with tiles include labour and tiles cost. The additional pvc piping he quote me 250 include labour and installation.

The toilet bowl i brought is a free standing type, it looks like the normal type but instead of using a s-trap connector, the toilet bowl i brought use a p-trap connector thus its not consider a suspend toilet bowl.

I dont like those suspend type, its more costly and higher labour cost. And most importantly, i saw in shopping center those suspend type after a while become loose and might drop out anytime.. haha dont want **** halfway, the toilet bowl

Fall.

The free standing toilet bowl using p-trap connector i buy at only 699, previously got id told me if i want to relocate the toilet bowl position, i have to die die buy those suspend type because they uses the p-trap connector and suspend toilet bowl cost 1k and above. Actually after visiting the wc shop, you can find suspended type from 800 onwards.

thanks ahyong81 for the explaining.. its very detailed.. now i can show my ID and explain..

the price u stated is almost in par with what my ID quoted. one question about WC.. what if it get clogged half way? then how?hehehe

my first reno journey

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/72503-the-sky-parlour-an-executive-maisonette-journey/page-2#entry912093

Unless you use a lot of toilet paper, or .... if not how to choke, anyway i heard nowadays those plumber power de, they pour in a solution can clear everything, including cement. Lol

blum.. would love to have.. but when i saw the additional price.. so heart pain.. haiz.... my quotation out. trying to fine tune to fit into budget and maybe take out more carpentry to reduce the price.. layout not finalise yet coz many things to reduce..

btw anyone can advise on false ceiling and covelight?

personally i find that the false ceiling is nice but can also trap lizards.. my point of view.. so if there is no false ceiling, what are the options and will the wiring look very ugly?thanks!

Actually the lizard issue is not that a problem, most condo all have false ceiling installed, if the insect issue is a major one, why would the condo in Singapore still build them.

Blum for those drawers are not that expensive. 50 buck for one drawer (1 pair) is kinda ok for a long term investment, at least its proven to be much more durable then the conventional type.

Edited by Ahyong81

ahyong81, the false ceiling looks nice.. but i do have friends telling me about the lizard issues.. well maybe their house have plenty of lizards..hehe..

thanks i will go n research on the prices of blum.. maybe just cut down on other things..

If house got lizard, thn no mosquito.

Haha bro solid la this comment

Well fine tuning means you have someone and something in mind so it's a good step forward already. Keep going..

Hi twinklecloud!

Sorry for not replying for so long! Actually like I said, we are not even at the stage of looking for ID yet (actually starting now!) because we probably will only get our keys in March (previous owners want 2 month extension and our first hdb appt is on 11 Dec).

For the pergola/trellis idea, we actually saw some other unit near ours which had something similar. I drew it out on Google sketchup, but we haven't checked around to see whether it's possible yet. I've actually dropped a note to ask someone about it on a preliminary level, and they quoted us around $3600 for it plus installation (they just do carpentry) and we haven't asked anyone else about it so don't know whether it's a good price or not.

Trellis.png

Hope that helps? :)

• Like 1