Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Good morning everyone! I'm on the way for my first appointment now and thought it's a goid time to start my blog while on the MRT. After stalking the Tblog for a few months, I can finally contribute back to 'society'.. lol. Hope all will go well... any kind souls to help what to look out for during the first appt?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Background: I've only physically viewed 3 units before choosing this. I wanted a centralised place so that the commute to work is not too far.. (west to anywhere is tedious) and my initial wish was to have one of the SIT flats in Tiong Bahru. Indeed, during my first view, I got my eye on one, however HDB records insisted that it was a 2 rm at 65 metres sq and I am not able to get a bank loan for it. I was like... so plan A failed. I then looked at a 3 rm unit at 88 metres sq and yes, I felt a connection... however, the rational me felt that it was too big for me, my cat and my pocket. So there. I had almost given up when by chance I came across my unit and the rest is history....

Argh... can't upload my floorplan...

Upload to those free photo server and link them here. Its easier. :)

And early congrats on keys collection to your house in 5 weeks time. :)

Hope to see your renovation projects updates :)

So you have cats, ever watch HGtv, they got feature one cat house. :)

Edited by Ahyong81

Finally!

I hope you all can see my floor plan...

The unit is 46 yrs old :jawdrop: But I like that it is spacious, corner unit and high floor. The only thing that I 'hiam' is the small kitchen and tiny bathroom.. oh well. Will try upload the current look of the unit...

Hi, just wanted to share my renovation experience. Going through the process has been a real eye-opener for my husband and I. The short-listing process, the design process, the material selection process ... it really got quite tiring after a while. But thanks God for our ID - who also has real hands-on construction experience - who is helping us to achieve our dream home step-by-step.

As I am still half-way in the process, I can't comment on the carpentry work. But if you are looking for a responsible and meticulous ID, I think you can give my ID a try. His tiling work stunned us ... I'm not sure how long it usually takes to complete the tiling process ... but ours took a good three to four days. I was really happy with the result when I saw how seamlessly the tiles were placed.

We have just completed our ceiling and we are equally impressed! Although my ID is meticulous, the total cost we were quoted surprised us. I guess the one thing you need to look out for is ... do question the material and workmanship you are getting. After all, materials and skill will pay off in the long run!

If you are interested, drop me a message at floracheong93@gmail.com. I will see if my id wants to link up with you.

Hideous? The previous owner did not do anymore renovation since she took over the unit so it's as original as it gets... Went to the lawyer's yesterday and from the title deed, I will be the 2nd owner!

Well, nothing much to do after the first appt, so maybe I'll share about my ID selection process. Before I start, may I give special thanks to CountryGlow and Soloqueen for their meticulous advice and sharing of their ID and quote... But I was too intimidated to approach the well known IDs... And a bit lazy (you can see from the number of units that I've viewed)

So my liaison with IDs came to a final figure of...... 2

The first was the wife of my friend... Let's call her L. The first meeting started off good enough with her asking what design I have in mind and going thru the layout of the unit. But.... She never even asked to see the photos of the unit... Hmmm.. Should warning bells be ringing? Nonetheless she quickly followed up and we meet a week later and she showed me the 3d sketch using this sophisticated program (I'm a noob so this type of things impressed me a bit) so she was showing me they proposed plan and doing amendments at the same time. 100 marks for effort but after some time my eyes got a bit blur from her constant dragging and rotating... Then I got a little pissed off cos it became quite clear she did not pay attention to my requirements and she even forgot the stretch of corridor that was included in the unit...we came to a bottleneck at the kitchen design and she even asked me what do I propose... Haha, if I knew then I need not engage an ID right? ps, the fact that she just copied some off the designs off the web also doesn't impress me...

The second ID was a recommendation from my colleague who did her scandinavian EM... She mentioned that the ID (let's call him J) was closer to our age so communication was easier. I met him and he gave the honest-down to earth vibe... Asked me about what I expected in general and also my lifestyle, which was nice to me cos he said the home will have to be catered towards my lifestyle so that I can call it my own... No point staying in a showflat right? He also ack the limitations in my layout and asked to view the flat the next day so that he could take some measurements...I'm impressed already!

So fast forward to bringing J to the unit and he took some photos and measurements and also presented me with his ideas for the unit. Def not what I expected but I do like his ideas and he even drew 3d diagrams for some of the areas that I did not immediately get. When there was one part that I mentioned I did not particularly like, he immediately told me to give him some time to amend... J is so enthusiastic about it that I feel that my project will be safe in his good hands...

So there, I'm not certain about meeting more IDs, cos im super busy at work and the amount of effort to meet and discuss is very great... Haha... And sorry for the long post. Will continue to update certainly. And thanks for visiting my blog!

Looking forward to your home renovation project. :) A place you can call home for you and your cats :)

Edited by Ahyong81