Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bathroom don't know how to Siam, but I know a contractor gave me the idea of plastering the existing tiles and painting, then only tiling the area required for the kitchen. :)

Thanks Kara! Interesting hack by the contractor... Shall test water with my ID :P

Bathroom don't know how to Siam, but I know a contractor gave me the idea of plastering the existing tiles and painting, then only tiling the area required for the kitchen. :)

Just wanted some opinions... Do your kitchens and bathrooms get all tiled up? ID is proposing to do so but that means it will incur some costs? Can I just paint it? I'm considering the practical aspects like cleaning and maintenance as well as cost..

Depends on what kind of ambiance you want to build for your kitchen. I even had wall papers on the ceiling for the desired effect.

For bathroom, its best to tile full height for easy cleaning and maintenance. Plastering over tiles and repaint wont last long if everyday you bath and moisture will cause the plastering to wear and tear.

I do not have upper cabinets in the kitchens, just planning some open shelves. What about the bathroom?

Those area that is exposed, only those need to be tiled :)

Ahyong81, you are up early... insomnia ah? Thanks for the advice, shall tile up the bathroom and one side of the kitchen... save $$

I am at work lol. While you all sleeping, i am working.

Agree with Ahyong81, for bathroom is better for you to tile up the whole wall as the humidity is high and we shower each day.

This is the best way to protect our investment and also with tiles is so much easy to clean.

Use photo bucket better, it gives your the link automatically by clicking on the shortcuts :) and its full size image :) Easy viewing for everyone.