Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

The design makes a difference to the way the water flushes. It is not possible to test. Most shops do not have their WCs connected to a working flush system. The only shop that I know does this is Fullsun at Jalan Besar but they sell mainly Toto WCs. Even then, it is flushing only water so you still cannot really test.

I guess the only way is to do some research on feedback by users. So far, I read from forum users who comment that they are referring to only one particular brand or model. I guess to be safe, you can avoid that. There is also some kind of USA test website that one forum user referred to but I am not sure how to use it. I could not find my model listed.

Thanks Ks Toh. Different opinions by different forumers. So confused. The most often cited brand that I come across in a few posts is Baron. Maybe I should try this out?

I was reading your T-Blog yesterday, came across it cos of electrical works. Like your vertical garden. Will be continuing reading your post after work today. Very informative :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Lazyfatcat007, thanks, hope to have a fuss-free reno experience.

Looking forward to hearing if your electrician does freelance work?

Anyone know what the estimated cost for electrical re-wiring for a resale 4 room will be? I am using Eubiq system, so will need the electrician to lay the cables without points at various places and points at dedicated places like fridge, washing machine, oven, etc.

Thanks!

Hi BubblyBee, thanks for dropping by. For the toilet flushing, like what KS said, there's no way to try it at the shops. All I have learnt is by the seniors' sharing and subsequently using the product and giving feedback. That's what the forum is for :) You can try getting the not so water-saving ones, which is almost equivalent to the ones with more powerful flushes. Try asking the shop staff as well.

My electrician is from my ID, not sure if he does freelance, will check with him. His work is not too bad, nothing that
I wanna grumble about till date. Have fun with your reno!!

Thanks Ks Toh. Different opinions by different forumers. So confused. The most often cited brand that I come across in a few posts is Baron. Maybe I should try this out?

I was reading your T-Blog yesterday, came across it cos of electrical works. Like your vertical garden. Will be continuing reading your post after work today. Very informative :)

I thought the complaint was that the Baron W888 has a weak flush? That is what I read here and here. But I have no personal knowledge. (P.S. seems like the second article is complaining about another WC).

If you do get those models that use very little water to flush (e.g. one tick only), do check that they flush efficiently. Otherwise, you end up flushing 2 or 3 times, which defeats the whole purpose as you end up using more water than a regular 3 tick WC. This is just my point of view.

Hope you don't suffer from information overload after reading my blog. It is a common complaint.

Edited by Ks Toh

May I know what WC did you buy? Is it good? Where to get it from?

I have started reading maybe 1 to 2 pages of your blog so haven't got to the WC part, etc. Information overloading is possible since you are quite detailed. Better to have more information, than no information.

Where is your house located? It is very spacious and the design concept is very nice. Read that you are using OPSH for WIW, kitchen cabinet and TV area? I am using OPSH too but only for the WIW. :)

I thought the complaint was that the Baron W888 has a weak flush? That is what I read here and here. But I have no personal knowledge. (P.S. seems like the second article is complaining about another WC).

If you do get those models that use very little water to flush (e.g. one tick only), do check that they flush efficiently. Otherwise, you end up flushing 2 or 3 times, which defeats the whole purpose as you end up using more water than a regular 3 tick WC. This is just my point of view.

Hope you don't suffer from information overload after reading my blog. It is a common complaint.

Is the 2nd round painting done? If not may be able to ask for it to be touched up.

For mine The separation between the 2 colors was not as sharp line as I like it to be, the the uniformity can only be seen if if you zoom in on it but visually cannot be seen. I'm going to get the painter to touch up with masking tape! after all works are done.

Lazyfatcat007, the painting looks bad to me. But I do not know enough to comment on painting. Perhaps the sharp contrast in colours is making it very obvious. But if you look at this job, the line looks quite straight.

Bubblybee, I bought Toto. It is good. You can get it from a number of shops but I bought from Heritage Gallery @Geylang. As per my blog title, my place is at Kew Drive (Upper East Coast Rd). Any queries you can post in my blog. Better not hijack this blog.

Edited by Ks Toh

Hey guys, thanks for the support... Had the feeling that I was turning into renozilla! Brought it up to my ID le, he said the painter will rectify it.. We shall see..

Thought it was a warped wall but turned out to be crooked painting..think can asked them to redo as shouldn't too difficult

Cannot make it la that painting

Is the 2nd round painting done? If not may be able to ask for it to be touched up.

For mine The separation between the 2 colors was not as sharp line as I like it to be, the the uniformity can only be seen if if you zoom in on it but visually cannot be seen. I'm going to get the painter to touch up with masking tape! after all works are done.

Lazyfatcat007, the painting looks bad to me. But I do not know enough to comment on painting. Perhaps the sharp contrast in colours is making it very obvious. But if you look at this job, the line looks quite straight.

Bubblybee, I bought Toto. It is good. You can get it from a number of shops but I bought from Heritage Gallery @Geylang. As per my blog title, my place is at Kew Drive (Upper East Coast Rd). Any queries you can post in my blog. Better not hijack this blog.

Thanks Yakult! That was a blind leap of faith on my part, happy it didn't look too weird :)

love your blue laminate! match so nicely with grey & everything else! :D

Survey time: would you accept this? (Red box area)

A) No

B) Ok lah

C) Nothing wrong mah

Now that you've pointed it out, it's glaringly obvious to me so A) no :(

I second the masking tape suggestion.

Edited by owlNbear

D+54: (actually it was yesterday, but too tired to update after spending a whole day camping at the house after night shift) fast hand fast leg, suddenly everything started coming 🔨

2cynygj.jpg

My stainless steel counter tops are in. I love the integrated sink, which looks a bit like the Kraus 😝

Final lightings were up:

2ef7vdh.jpg

Fabricated by one of my 'sons', I know there is a design flaw but am quite happy to leave it at that. This will be my dining light.

mmbp6t.jpg

Dry kitchen counter lights. Looks a bit off, shall adjust the length of the lights again.. lol

b5islh.jpg

Bedside lights also up.

286z7sm.jpg

My Samsung digilock is up too! Really didn't thought of this back then as the price was really high (at least to me). Then Lux shared her lobang and because I couldn't find the lock set that I like, I then bought this digital lock. Although I am fairly used to high tech biometrics in my work, I was still a bit sceptical to use it, and kept pounding the locksmith with questions as he was installing the lock. Lock installation is pretty fascinating and I am glad that there are people still well versed in this art.

I have also chosen zebra blinds as roman blinds could not be done before cny, also cleaning would be a chore... ah well. Hope my zebra will turn french... hahaha

Today, I went to OPSH to settle my pole system wardrobe. Had previously gone to Zaplin (recommended by my ID) to look at their Ximula/alumix system. Nothing wrong with their system but their sales team... really cmi. Couldn't give me a detailed explanation abt my questions and no catalogue for their modules and accessories. Pricing was not too bad but I decided against it cos their team could not give me any confidence. I then asked my ID how his previous customers decide on the configuration and he said they left it to him. I then retorted that his customers are so easy-going. Pardon me, but I am a hands on person and my ID's antecedents don't really make me feel I can leave things in his hands. (Which was why I went down and look after the reno after 14hr shift) Anyways... OPSH's range were more innovative and suitable for their customers' different lifestyles. Sorry for the long and naggy post. Last leg of reno le... jiayou!

286z7sm.jpg
My Samsung digilock is up too! Really didn't thought of this back then as the price was really high (at least to me). Then Lux shared her lobang and because I couldn't find the lock set that I like, I then bought this digital lock. Although I am fairly used to high tech biometrics in my work, I was still a bit sceptical to use it, and kept pounding the locksmith with questions as he was installing the lock. Lock installation is pretty fascinating and I am glad that there are people still well versed in this art.

----------------------------------------------------------------

How's the distance between the main door and gate? Does the digilock gets knock when u close the gate?
Still hesitating abt digilock because the gap between door n gate is pretty small...

Edited by puteh83

Hi, I did not measure the distance bet door and gate as the gate was an old one, but there was sufficient distance between them. Locksmith also reminded me on the distance. Will measure when I go down tmr..

How's the distance between the main door and gate? Does the digilock gets knock when u close the gate?

Still hesitating abt digilock because the gap between door n gate is pretty small...

Hi, I did not measure the distance bet door and gate as the gate was an old one, but there was sufficient distance between them. Locksmith also reminded me on the distance. Will measure when I go down tmr..

Thanks alot... that will def help me on deciding. :)

Hi,

You need a min of 7.5-8cm from door to gate. The gate person came today too and proposed the gate opening on the opposite of the door handle.

Thanks alot... that will def help me on deciding. :)