Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Hi,

You need a min of 7.5-8cm from door to gate. The gate person came today too and proposed the gate opening on the opposite of the door handle.

I see... okok.. will go measure mine..

Thanks alot!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Last leg of reno le... jiayou!

Hahaha can't wait till its our turn to say that. Gonna breathe such a huuuge sigh of relief.

And also, love your sea-blue theme coupled with those soft lights...very soothing!

When I saw him drilling the hole and knocking on that brand new door, I was more heartpain than fascinated and in my mind I saw him telling me " oops I have cut a wrong hole ".. lol.. paranoia at its worse!

Roman blinds belongs to the Italians so you made a right choice to go with zebra. Hahah.

Last leg.. jiayou jiayou... I wonder if our contractor repeats this to themselves everyday when dealing with us...? lol

286z7sm.jpg

My Samsung digilock is up too! Really didn't thought of this back then as the price was really high (at least to me). Then Lux shared her lobang and because I couldn't find the lock set that I like, I then bought this digital lock. Although I am fairly used to high tech biometrics in my work, I was still a bit sceptical to use it, and kept pounding the locksmith with questions as he was installing the lock. Lock installation is pretty fascinating and I am glad that there are people still well versed in this art.

I have also chosen zebra blinds as roman blinds could not be done before cny, also cleaning would be a chore... ah well. Hope my zebra will turn french... hahaha

Today, I went to OPSH to settle my pole system wardrobe. Had previously gone to Zaplin (recommended by my ID) to look at their Ximula/alumix system. Nothing wrong with their system but their sales team... really cmi. Couldn't give me a detailed explanation abt my questions and no catalogue for their modules and accessories. Pricing was not too bad but I decided against it cos their team could not give me any confidence. I then asked my ID how his previous customers decide on the configuration and he said they left it to him. I then retorted that his customers are so easy-going. Pardon me, but I am a hands on person and my ID's antecedents don't really make me feel I can leave things in his hands. (Which was why I went down and look after the reno after 14hr shift) Anyways... OPSH's range were more innovative and suitable for their customers' different lifestyles. Sorry for the long and naggy post. Last leg of reno le... jiayou!

Edited by Luxexplorer

Last leg.. jiayou jiayou... I wonder if our contractor repeats this to themselves everyday when dealing with us...? lol

Wish there's a laugh-till-you-cry emoticon for this, haha!

Day 57: touching ups

9zywk.jpg

Stainless steel was not wrapped until the underside of the counter, ID said it was a limitation. I asked why is this limitation not known before fabrication. Result: manual insertion of metal sheet at the underside and then welded them together...

Presenting my red monster:

xnx35t.jpg

Love at first sight when I saw it, although I knew it would complicate matters.. lol. Glass backsplash will be in same colour as the wall so as not to steal monsty's limelight. Then I realised the counter is shorter than the length of the wall by 1cm though I ordered it flushed. ID explained that they cant do it flushed as the metal sheet needed allowances for wrapping. 😳

OPSH came to measure my pre-fab wardrobe frame and lo and behold! Another problem. There is a difference of 1cm height at the left and right side of frame, which will affect the installation of sliding glass door. OPSH said they will work something out while I shot a dirty look at my ID. Seriously 👿

The culmulation of problems in carpentry are really getting to me. Before that he was bragging how good his carpenters were and they only use good materials, hence the higher cost. A load of bullsh*t. If this continues on, 命都会短几年...

Zen zen... 🙏

Day 57: touching ups9zywk.jpg

Stainless steel was not wrapped until the underside of the counter, ID said it was a limitation. I asked why is this limitation not known before fabrication. Result: manual insertion of metal sheet at the underside and then welded them together...

Presenting my red monster:xnx35t.jpg

Love at first sight when I saw it, although I knew it would complicate matters.. lol. Glass backsplash will be in same colour as the wall so as not to steal monsty's limelight. Then I realised the counter is shorter than the length of the wall by 1cm though I ordered it flushed. ID explained that they cant do it flushed as the metal sheet needed allowances for wrapping.

OPSH came to measure my pre-fab wardrobe frame and lo and behold! Another problem. There is a difference of 1cm height at the left and right side of frame, which will affect the installation of sliding glass door. OPSH said they will work something out while I shot a dirty look at my ID. Seriously

The culmulation of problems in carpentry are really getting to me. Before that he was bragging how good his carpenters were and they only use good materials, hence the higher cost. A load of bullsh*t. If this continues on, 命都会短几年...

Zen zen...

I think this is the first time I see in renotalk a stainless steel countertop. Nice!

I have the same gas pipe and it was boxed up (bulky) and I'm impressed how it looks here.

Edited by Khng

Hi Khng, thanks!

2qn6z4i.jpg

Basically, if you can understand my lousy drawing, they will form up the table in silver, pipe being black. Once its done, a separate piece of metal will be placed in the red area and with a bit of silicon, completes the top.

I honk this is the first time I see in renotalk a stainless steel countertop. Nice!

I have the same gas pipe and it was boxed up (bulky) and I'm impressed how you can have the stainless steel cover it. How is this done?

Honk Honk ... double honk for the stainless steel counter-top and the red monster which I fell in love too with when you posted that photo. Absolutely gorgeous colour and I believe a first as well on the reno tblog. Your kitchen is a killer girl!

The difference in height for the wardrobe could be due to wall. My ceiling and beams' height difference goes up to 1.5 cm difference in some areas so some parts are obviously crooked. So in this case, maybe it is not your contractors' fault.

As for the stainless steel bottom, I think this is quite a standard for their mentality because to them is " cannot see ma, why waste money?" For them, practicality trumps aesthetically. I guess this could be a huge difference between a contractor and a real ID.

xnx35t.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

9zywk.jpg

xnx35t.jpg

Love at first sight when I saw it, although I knew it would complicate matters.. lol. Glass backsplash will be in same colour as the wall so as not to steal monsty's limelight. Then I realised the counter is shorter than the length of the wall by 1cm though I ordered it flushed. ID explained that they cant do it flushed as the metal sheet needed allowances for wrapping.

OPSH came to measure my pre-fab wardrobe frame and lo and behold! Another problem. There is a difference of 1cm height at the left and right side of frame, which will affect the installation of sliding glass door. OPSH said they will work something out while I shot a dirty look at my ID. Seriously

Zen zen...

:dunno: Had a not-so-good day with my electrician and contractor as well :drunk:

Anyway lets talk about that red beast of a hood. I am in love! There I was, thinking I knew all there was to know about your colour scheme, and suddenly BOOM. Seriously, I love sudden and unexpected twists like these :wub: Keeps things very interesting and fresh. Nice one! Haha!