Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

Hey owl, thanks! I read with a glass of wine though :)

That platform and those beanbags make the perfect spot to curl up and read a book with a nice cup of hot tea. So so so cozy!

Lux, la tienne aussi! My house is actually v simple lah...lol

Actually so true ! I love bean bags and when I had it in my last home, it was almost my favourite spot till a new foster dog decided to take off the corners of it.

Fatcat! ta maison est tres jolie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello! Sorry, had been busy with moving house and overseas so haven't update :o. Like what I've said, have officially moved in on 6th Feb but till now I still have stuff at my father's!! Moving is tiring!! :help:

But at least all major items are in, still pending my DIY... here's my pole system wardrobe from OPSH:ivfywx.jpg

15p2xk2.jpg

My new metal gate is also in (from Drdoors).. very sturdy!2lvbpeg.jpg

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Feedback on ID and his works:

I must admit I can be quite anal about stuff but considering my scope of work to be exceedingly simple (at least to me) - no cornices, trimmings, minimal carpentry, I only expected my walls to be straight and straight lines. Simple right? Apparently not. First the painters cant paint in a straight line, which is blatantly obvious when using different colours. I told him to use tape but he continued to use freehand. Then ID claimed its cos the walls are not straight and began replastering... end up the wall near the floor not plastered evenly...6izf4z.jpg

Paintwork is uneven and lots of paint marks on the floor. 21bszfp.jpg

By then, I was so disgusted that I did not want him to even step into my house. All the electrical appliances and furniture were installed by myself. I know some might call me stupid but I really cannot stand unprofessional work, I rather use my own ways to settle... yes I'm pretty stubborn. :bleah:  Fastforward to today when I spotted a big crack at my kitchen wall. I messaged ID and he asked me what I proposed to do. Then he asked why the crack was not highlighted previously. :fire:True colours out! I'm glad I have not settled final payment yet. Although this renovation has brought me much grief, it has a very educational one. No matter how accommodating the ID can appear to be at first, all the true colours will show eventually. And resale owners take note, not everyone is competant to handle old flats... choose your ID / contractor carefully. 

Ugh, contractors always only show true colors after the work is almost complete... It's like at the end they can't be bothered already. 

Hope you get the crack resolved! 

For the marks on the flooring, try using melamine sponge to slowly coax them out then u can have a straighter line! :) I've used melamine sponge to remove paint marks the touch up caused on my bi fold doors and floors. 

Thanks Kara! Your cleaning tips always work well :good:

I've got a friend look at the cracks and he says its common especially when works are done to the wall. In my case, the old tiles hacked off and re-cemented and plastered. For the tinier ones, I can plaster again while for the more serious one, i need to peel away the cracked area before plastering.

*pic of the crack*

3466tet.jpg

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Finally got to drilling a hole in my door for my digital peephole. If you all can remember, my ID just gave me a plain laminated door... I finally found a brad point drill bit and here's the end result...

f1gtxf.jpg

Also managed to set up my industrial book shelf with the help of a friend :notti:

20t18yc.jpg

@Lazyfatcat007 your place looks great! Looks spacious yet cosy. Love the original look of the wet and dry kitchen! :good:

Can I please ask - did you install the wash basins in the bathrooms? Noticed you have one small one outside. What about the master bathroom?

On 5 March 2016 at 4:29 PM, Lazyfatcat007 said:

Feedback on ID and his works:

I must admit I can be quite anal about stuff but considering my scope of work to be exceedingly simple (at least to me) - no cornices, trimmings, minimal carpentry, I only expected my walls to be straight and straight lines. Simple right? Apparently not. First the painters cant paint in a straight line, which is blatantly obvious when using different colours. I told him to use tape but he continued to use freehand. Then ID claimed its cos the walls are not straight and began replastering... end up the wall near the floor not plastered evenly...6izf4z.jpg

Paintwork is uneven and lots of paint marks on the floor. 21bszfp.jpg

By then, I was so disgusted that I did not want him to even step into my house. All the electrical appliances and furniture were installed by myself. I know some might call me stupid but I really cannot stand unprofessional work, I rather use my own ways to settle... yes I'm pretty stubborn. :bleah:  Fastforward to today when I spotted a big crack at my kitchen wall. I messaged ID and he asked me what I proposed to do. Then he asked why the crack was not highlighted previously. :fire:True colours out! I'm glad I have not settled final payment yet. Although this renovation has brought me much grief, it has a very educational one. No matter how accommodating the ID can appear to be at first, all the true colours will show eventually. And resale owners take note, not everyone is competant to handle old flats... choose your ID / contractor carefully. 

Just wondering, did your contractor resolve the unprofessional paint job?

Noticed that my paint job is rather unsatisfactory and not sure what can be done about it. Have reflected to contractor, but no sound so far.

If it's so shoddy, might as well DIY and save my blood-sweat $. :furious:

@trcd.. sorry bro, havent been checking in for long time. I only have one toilet cum bathroom, and its too small to accommodate a basin as well, so have to stuff it outside.

For my paintjob, i refused to let him touch anymore, so I deducted some money and got him out of my life... it's easier I think. I diyed the hairine cracks, but for the larger ones, have to leave it till I have more time... hth!

6 hours ago, Lazyfatcat007 said:

@trcd.. sorry bro, havent been checking in for long time. I only have one toilet cum bathroom, and its too small to accommodate a basin as well, so have to stuff it outside.

For my paintjob, i refused to let him touch anymore, so I deducted some money and got him out of my life... it's easier I think. I diyed the hairine cracks, but for the larger ones, have to leave it till I have more time... hth!

@Lazyfatcat007 sorry, I'd just realised my silly mistake when i looked at the floorplan again... 

Did your ID make a fuss when you deducted some money? I'm contemplating getting someone to come in and repaint again... But so waste $. The walls look like they only received one coat of paint. Probably I should consider DIY one weekend...

3 hours ago, Lazyfatcat007 said:

He didn't make a fuss cos I alr told him I will deduct right from start...

Your walls are really bad?

Some stains here and there... Also not painted straight when one wall is of a different colour, same case as yours. The white side has some specks of other colour.

Will not die one, but will irk a perfectionist to death slowly :lol: (everytime see it then the blood pressure rises)

Edited by trcd

1 hour ago, trcd said:

Some stains here and there... Also not painted straight when one wall is of a different colour, same case as yours. The white side has some specks of other colour.

Will not die one, but will irk a perfectionist to death slowly :lol: (everytime see it then the blood pressure rises)

Hahaha... totally understand... sometimes when I lie on my bed and see the wall opposite me, my blood starts to boil as Im reminded of my ID :fire: