3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

D+1: more hacking...

2rcyibl.jpg

Opening up the kitchen entrance

1zpnz43.jpg

The kitchen

ad239d.jpg

Toilet...zzz

I was also given 2 books of laminates to choose what I want for the kitchen cabinets. Recap: stainless steel counter top, glass backsplash. These are the laminates shortlisted:

erl56w.png

25h3fjp.png

I'm super in love with the baby blues, which I think go well with steel.. my ID will get a heart attack :P The other choices will be wood.. any comments?

The top left is suggested by ID, top right is nice but maybe too similar to my floor tile. Bottom left reminds me of Lyon, and I like the name of the bottom right - Brunello is a delicious italian red wine.. hahaha

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

With so much hacking, I am sure your house will look and feel spacious. To me, it is a good reno choice.

Looking forward to see the transformation towards your beautiful home. :)

I'm still shopping in TB and came across a puzzling thing? Can some experts enlighten me why the same link cost so different when I add to daigou and peeka? Eg 159rmb item translate to S$36 in daigou but S$177 in peeka! Is it cos peeka alr include the shipping fees? Thanks for the advice!

Seems like RT is like our weather - getting colder by the day.. ah well, I will still update my stuff for reference to anyone who is interested..

D+7: masonry and waterproofing

One week has passed and major hacking is done, excess rubbish cleared and now for the finer art of masonry, which according to the dictionary means stone works or brick works.

15s7jtv.jpg

Uncle filling up the previous doorway with concrete slabs...

2cp81fa.jpg

My horrible wall... the holes are bigger than my pores! An attempt to seal the holes using cement..

13z4z0k.jpg

See the blue paint-like thingy on the floor? Uncle is doing waterproofing. Very interesting...

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

I'm still shopping in TB and came across a puzzling thing? Can some experts enlighten me why the same link cost so different when I add to daigou and peeka? Eg 159rmb item translate to S$36 in daigou but S$177 in peeka! Is it cos peeka alr include the shipping fees? Thanks for the advice!

Their system sometimes captures the ORIGINAL price not sale price

For 65Dg you can always edit the amount to what u see on the TB page.

Wrong then they ask u to top up or refund u the difference

2cp81fa.jpg

My horrible wall... the holes are bigger than my pores! An attempt to seal the holes using cement..

It is good to take note of this wall in the future like no knocking of nails.

Nice progress. :)

Thanks babe!

Their system sometimes captures the ORIGINAL price not sale price

For 65Dg you can always edit the amount to what u see on the TB page.

Wrong then they ask u to top up or refund u the difference

Buys from Amazon (part 1):

2cr7sx2.jpg

Yay! Stuff are in ;p

My cat scratcher cum chaise-longue, wireless motion sensor light, corelle lunch plates, silpat silicon baking sheet, Pure Kai Komachi knife, Oxo wooden spoons and cat litter box...

Buys from TB via DG (part 1):

24uxqfd.jpg

Vacuum, pants hanger, steel bin, memory mat and water mop (not in pic)

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Lazyfatcat!!! I am back to Singapore after 10 days and will catch up on your blog again, don't stop :) So have the tiles laying started as i am always as anxious as owner to start see the transformation of home renovations. LOL!

Looking at your colour laminates and they look lovely especially the baby blues - are these laminates Formica? I am quite attracted to the Lilac and will ask my contractor Desmond for a closer look. Wood is nice but felt the same way as you in that it could be to close to the flooring colours since in my case, my kitchen is bearing the same wood like tile throughout.

Stainless countertop.... oh girl.. I like that so much but practicality overules. I want to see your kitchen before deciding mine but I think no possible..

Lux! Your reno progress is faster than mine!! My ID still trying to cement the wall and next week, plastering will start and tiles laying for my kitchen and bathroom :/ I dun think I can go for baby blue laminate cos I have a bright red monster coming up! Red and blue will clash right? :( Am considering a really light wood laminate instead for my cabinets now... choices choices!!

I saw your black frame windows, will you be changing them? I am undecided about it because I wanted black but full panels. Currently it is black frame but with those small windows that open outwards at the top.

What is the monster?? curious.. :blink:

Edited by Luxexplorer

omg... I didn't even realise my kitchen windows have the louver windows on top till you pointed it out... ya, my ID will be changing to full casement for me...

Monster will be my pièce de résistance in my tinny kitchen... haha!