Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
warderz

Autumnz Palace

Hello Autumnzy, need ur guidance on how to post pictures like yours. Thank you. :):):)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
make sure they dont tap here and there...all wires should run all the way from mcb to your sockets.

Thanks for the reminder.. but how do we ensure they are not "tapping". I'll be there when they are running the electrical works, but I dunno how to see if they are running from mcb or tapping... :)

Hi dear autumnzy, check out in my t-blog on the latest update on my 1st day of reno works!:)

I Will.. Good luck to you.. Kai Gong Da JI!! :)

Hello Autumnzy, need ur guidance on how to post pictures like yours. Thank you. :bleah::seeya::lol:

Very simple.. I use photobucket (www.photobucket.com), after registering for an account, just load the picture online. They will give you an URL.

Back to this forum, under the "addreply" they have a button for adding picture, just type the URL for the picture (found on photobucket) and submit.

But i think most of the forumer here use http://imageshack.us/

Edited by autumnzy

Yay! Our reno had officially started with 3 "kok kok kok" in the direction as instructed by Master Gan. :)

We had a little freak out to kick-start our reno.. We were having lunch @ our new house while waiting for the workers to arrived when we experienced the 1st earthquake of our life! Initially, I found the dining table shaking, and thought it's my low blood acting up.. but hubby exclaimed that the whole building is shaking! We faster run out of the house lor.. haha

Well, on the reno part...

Photo-0144-1.jpg Photo-0143-1.jpg Photo-0142-1.jpg

So happy to see the old things falling apart :(

Todays, majority of the works are hacking.. The service balcony door, my common toilet's new entrence, the kitchen cabinet & my MBR's vanity top.. all have to go! I hope the bagalas dun tear down my MBR door.. As I'm using it back.. :yamseng:

Tomorrow will be the air-con works. ID had planned in such a way that minimise the appearance of the piping.. Anxious to see the result.

Tomorrow, the 2nd-hand furniture shop people are coming too. To inspect & give us a quote on the old furniture that the seller leave behind. Cos all the furniture is made of solid wood, it's very wasteful to throw it away. Hopefully it'll fetch a good price, as it's a whole house furniture.. Maybe get enough to pay for my 3m-long string curtain? :P

Yay! Our reno had officially started with 3 "kok kok kok" in the direction as instructed by Master Gan. :notti:

We had a little freak out to kick-start our reno.. We were having lunch @ our new house while waiting for the workers to arrived when we experienced the 1st earthquake of our life! Initially, I found the dining table shaking, and thought it's my low blood acting up.. but hubby exclaimed that the whole building is shaking! We faster run out of the house lor.. haha

Well, on the reno part...

Photo-0144-1.jpg Photo-0143-1.jpg Photo-0142-1.jpg

So happy to see the old things falling apart :notti:

Todays, majority of the works are hacking.. The service balcony door, my common toilet's new entrence, the kitchen cabinet & my MBR's vanity top.. all have to go! I hope the bagalas dun tear down my MBR door.. As I'm using it back.. :notti:

Tomorrow will be the air-con works. ID had planned in such a way that minimise the appearance of the piping.. Anxious to see the result.

Tomorrow, the 2nd-hand furniture shop people are coming too. To inspect & give us a quote on the old furniture that the seller leave behind. Cos all the furniture is made of solid wood, it's very wasteful to throw it away. Hopefully it'll fetch a good price, as it's a whole house furniture.. Maybe get enough to pay for my 3m-long string curtain? :notti:

wah? so fast start liao?

what kind of WOOD furniture? chinese traditional types? I might be interested leh

Congratz, autumnzy. Such a memorable start, coinciding with the earthquake. Can you share how you'll be doing the air-con piping? This is before laying the tiles, right?

wah? so fast start liao?

what kind of WOOD furniture? chinese traditional types? I might be interested leh

The previous owner is leaving the solid wood kind.. very heavy type...but not the chinese kind

If you are interested in Chinese furniture, my parent's house one might be selling in July.. Rose wood Chinese furniture.. whole set dining set + sofa + coffee table + side table + 2 stool..

I'll try upload the picture & PM you? :thumbs up:

Congratz, autumnzy. Such a memorable start, coinciding with the earthquake. Can you share how you'll be doing the air-con piping? This is before laying the tiles, right?

Ya lor.. Dunno heng or suay.. ;)

I'm doing up the air-con piping according to the diagram, the green line is the piping. My ID has do it in such a way that the piping seen is minimised. As they run on the beam, and the beam is hid behind partition.. The pink box is the air-con unit. And the black box is the compressor.

The piping has to be done before the tiling, and the painting. After the painting is done, then the units go up. So the new unit will not kana the paint.

air-con-1.jpg

Congrats autumnzy!:thumbs up:

May the reno journey be smooth sailing for u and me! Hehe..

Yeah.. jia you jia you!

Edited by autumnzy

OIC, thanks autumnzy! Would you know anything about the sort of insulation, piping and trunking you'd be getting? So, I guess the air-con water pipe will be concealed in the bathroom floor finishing?

All the best for ur reno wekz and may ur house bring wealth and prosperity to ur family. :):bangwall::bangwall:

OIC, thanks autumnzy! Would you know anything about the sort of insulation, piping and trunking you'd be getting? So, I guess the air-con water pipe will be concealed in the bathroom floor finishing?

I just know my insulation piping is the thicker kind. but it's not concealed... :) So it'll be running on the wall, painted the same colour to the wall. that's why ID had plan it to have least piping seen lor..

All the best for ur reno wekz and may ur house bring wealth and prosperity to ur family. :bangwall::bangwall::(

Wa.. i wan i wan.. but today's 4D jia-liao-liao already... :)

Today went down.. and saw my toilet's new entrence le... :P:notti: So happy.. the toilet is ridiculously bright. & because there's 2walls missing (old entrence + new entrence) the toilet looks so huge!Photo-0148-1.jpg

Last night, I also dropped by.. thinking of doing a trial draw of the mural in my living room. Cos the size of the wall is pretty big (whole stretch of living room) i wanted a feel of drawing it, and how it'll look. 9pm reach the place, got a shock of my life, cos my gate was wide open! Turn out it's the eletrical guy.. :P

Spend an entire hour drawing the vine-like mural..

And like what I see! :D

This is just a part of it.. as the wall is too big for the whole shot to be taken. Just pencil mark, might not be able to see properly.. Just hope I can get the feel back when the painting is done. :(

Photo-0147-1.jpg

Today kana from the neighbours downstairs. Glare and me and complained that all the noises are driving her nuts (she looks nuts enough... :D ).. Sigh..

And today, i was walking on the stone path leading to the MRT, and heard not just my drilling, but lynzi too. :jawdrop: drilling symphony...

Cool man, u r an artistic person. So when is the estimated time of completion of ur project mural???

Suggested GRAFFITI for my boy's rm but was strongly objected by my minister of housing affairs. She said," Aiyoh I do not wish to see my boys becoming VANDALs like you." HA HA HA. Loved grafitti since my secondary school days. :notti::D:D

Edited by warderz

Hi..congrats on the start of your reno.. waiting to see the transformation of your home sweet home.. Mine will also be starting next week and likely completion by mid may.. cheers :notti:

Cool man, u r an artistic person. So when is the estimated time of completion of ur project mural???

Suggested GRAFFITI for my boy's rm but was strongly objected by my minister of housing affairs. She said," Aiyoh I do not wish to see my boys becoming VANDALs like you." HA HA HA. Loved grafitti since my secondary school days. :D:P:P

My painting work will only be completed by end of March. So I'll draw my mural after letting the wall "rest" for a few days. Expected to finish it within a week, cos the colouring part is very tedious (And I've to work! can only do in evening.. :()

Ya, Hubby & me got the concept in one of the reno mag from HK @my ID office. Love the viney-thingy alot. Since initially my ID proposed setting wall paper for that piece of wall, I told Hubby might as well I do myself. (I'm an art-inclined person :notti: )

Should tell your wife, must let the kids see what's ART ma...

But of cos mus teach the difference between ART & doodle.. if not, you'll be in deep trouble when your kids tried to imitate you :D