Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hihi! Me and my HB are sourcing for reno IDs and we are considering Ideal House - Mr K. Couple of qns which i hope i guys can shed light on:

1) How would you rate Ideal House's worksmanship?? - in terms of tiling, carpentary etc

2) Will Mr K accompany owners to source for furniture eg. sofa, dining table etc?

All opinions are welcome and appreciated :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi! Me and my HB are sourcing for reno IDs and we are considering Ideal House - Mr K. Couple of qns which i hope i guys can shed light on:

1) How would you rate Ideal House's worksmanship?? - in terms of tiling, carpentary etc

2) Will Mr K accompany owners to source for furniture eg. sofa, dining table etc?

All opinions are welcome and appreciated :bangwall:

Tiling, carpentry, painting, plastering are good :dunno: ... the wire trunking done by the electrician wasn't as good as i wanted - there's 1 in my MBR which wasn't done well - K say will fix it :D

I reused my old furniture, so didn't ask K about it. But I don't think ID would usually do that, right?

i believe tat there always will be some probs during reno. for my case i hv already expected them especially if we want the reno to be completed b4 CNY. i do face probs after the reno but my id johnny also fr ideal hse soon rectify them. but still not veri major so i can still tahan during CNY when we move in. like the glass door at the kitchen can't close properly, some scratches on my laminate, no switch at my dressing table for my hair dryer.

all these got to wait after CNY coz workers all on holiday. few days after the CNY when the workers hv already started work, johnny is the one who call me up to arrange for the rectification. we did not want to cal him cox we believe he is busy after CNY. but he's reali efficient and cal us to arrange. we reali appreciate his eagerness to get things done for us.

all are done except for the laminate flooring now. at first we oni wanted some touch up but johnny told us tat if we reali can't tahan those scratches, he told us not to paisei. he will ask the workers to change the laminate for us. we reali appreciate his words as the hse is already hand over to us.

so i believe ids fr ideal hse do hv their standards and after service. at least i hv already met with one. :)

and up to now, i been receiving compliments from my frens n relatives who been coming to our hse complimenting on the designs and workmanship. :D

hi all! am sorta new to posting but been reading this forum for some time now.. dunno if u all hv any comments abt my dilemma now (which i'm sure many of us would have faced initially!)

am now confused about which ID to choose leh.. narrowed my choices down to 2 liao. the quote i received from Ideal House is a lot cheaper (at least 4k) than the other ID. at first i thought i would sure go with Ideal House, esp since LLHome seems to be strongly recommending it 8| but then now wensi's post made me think again. scared that if i choose Ideal Hse, my hse may start to fall apart aft 1 mth. but wah, if i tk the other designer, den i can't use the money saved to buy tv/furniture/stove/watever.

in terms of the ID himself, i'm comfortable with either one. so many ppl say it's impt to be comfortable with the designer that you pick; for me i'm comfortable with both. both equally cute! :bangwall:

anw LLhome, johnny mentioned that he took some ppl to see your house last Sat..think your hse is his new showroom :P if i do end up choosing him as my ID, can i ask him to tk me to your place? :D

hi eRiam, if i were u, i would go for the other ID instead of ideal house. i rather pay more to have a house in good and usable condition after reno. in stead of worrying which item may start having problem after a couple of months. anyway, its your choice! :bangwall:

incidentally, i have already made an appt with one of their ID (not Mr K) for a quote. So i will just use the quote for a reference unless their quote is like alot less than other IDs. hmm.. which makes me wonder? cheaper quote maybe cheaper material?? :bangwall: but got to see their quote lah!

hi eRiam, if i were u, i would go for the other ID instead of ideal house. i rather pay more to have a house in good and usable condition after reno. in stead of worrying which item may start having problem after a couple of months. anyway, its your choice! !!

incidentally, i have already made an appt with one of their ID (not Mr K) for a quote. So i will just use the quote for a reference unless their quote is like alot less than other IDs. hmm.. which makes me wonder? cheaper quote maybe cheaper material?? !! but got to see their quote lah!

I'm not trying to flame or anything but what makes u think that expensive = better? For all you know, for that price, you could be getting cheap materials also.

I think the best way is to go and see their ongoing projects as well as be specific in the materials used when you make out the contract.

I'm not trying to flame or anything but what makes u think that expensive = better? For all you know, for that price, you could be getting cheap materials also.

I think the best way is to go and see their ongoing projects as well as be specific in the materials used when you make out the contract.

oops! hobbles187, me meant no harm, sorry if i offend you. just basing my opinion on the feedback given by forummers using ideal house. anyway, i did say must see quote mah, never say expensive = better. plus i alrady made appt with them le. see how after i got the quote...

anyway have a good reno experience with ideal! :bangwall:

hi eRiam, if i were u, i would go for the other ID instead of ideal house. i rather pay more to have a house in good and usable condition after reno. in stead of worrying which item may start having problem after a couple of months. anyway, its your choice! :notti:

incidentally, i have already made an appt with one of their ID (not Mr K) for a quote. So i will just use the quote for a reference unless their quote is like alot less than other IDs. hmm.. which makes me wonder? cheaper quote maybe cheaper material?? :dunno: but got to see their quote lah!

In general,

Paying more or less does not have any bearing on whether a house will be renovated in a good and usable condition. or not

All depends on who you hire and your luck.

The best material in the hands of a lousy worker will still result in a lousy piece of work

The cheap material in the hands of a craftsman could end up with a masterpiece.

Cheap and good is rare and you must be lucky. Expensive and crap however is very common. So never based opinion on just the price.

To find a renovation package, price is a consideration but only as a gauge on what you can afford. Once you narrow it down to those few within your budget, from there more important is to check out their past project and your level of comfort with them when you negotiate with them. Opinions in this forum should only be used as a reference because of everybody's different expectation and in some cases, different agenda when posting.

When checking out their projects, check in extreme detail. Quotes can lie cause there might be hidden cost, posting on forums maybe be not accurate because of a lot of reasons :bleah: , material listed can lie too because you and I are not experts if they tell you a tile is top grade ask yourself this "Can I tell the difference aside from the price?", they say come from Italy again can you tell? BUT workmanship put in front of you cannot lie. You can feel it, knock on it, check it, etc etc. There you can tell if its good or not. See a few, if just see one it could be a just a specially prepared one, see a few there is less chance of that unless the reno contractor wanna go broke :lol: setting up a few perfectly built houses. Also the level of comfort when you interact with the contractor is important cause a lot of changes will still occur once you sign. If you not comfortable when conflict occurs, its gonna get messy.

Anyways good luck with your hunt :lol:

-Celest

hi all! am sorta new to posting but been reading this forum for some time now.. dunno if u all hv any comments abt my dilemma now (which i'm sure many of us would have faced initially!)

am now confused about which ID to choose leh.. narrowed my choices down to 2 liao. the quote i received from Ideal House is a lot cheaper (at least 4k) than the other ID. at first i thought i would sure go with Ideal House, esp since LLHome seems to be strongly recommending it :lol: but then now wensi's post made me think again. scared that if i choose Ideal Hse, my hse may start to fall apart aft 1 mth. but wah, if i tk the other designer, den i can't use the money saved to buy tv/furniture/stove/watever.

in terms of the ID himself, i'm comfortable with either one. so many ppl say it's impt to be comfortable with the designer that you pick; for me i'm comfortable with both. both equally cute! :dunno:

anw LLhome, johnny mentioned that he took some ppl to see your house last Sat..think your hse is his new showroom :bleah: if i do end up choosing him as my ID, can i ask him to tk me to your place? :lol:

sure u can come to my place to view. we been stayin in the new hse for 1 mth plus n so far no prob wif the workmanship. so till now we are veri satisfied. if u read in my t blog, u will noe tat johnny even arrange ppl to change my skirting for free even though its my dog tat did the damage. i didn't even tell him bout the damaged skirting (tink the forummers here told him). he took the initiative to arrange ppl to come fix it up. i mean he can just act blur mah.

during the reno, he been giving us new ideas even though we hv already confirm the designs. it seems tat he tryin his best to make our hse look even nicer even it involves more work. oso tryin to give us foc whenever he can. now n then he will cal me to ask if got any prob. tis is the kind of after sales service tat owners would want.

when i engaged johnny, i hv my doubts too. his quote is ard 5k lesser than other ids. but he has brought us to view some of his work so tat make us less worried. we are happy to get him as our id n till now no regrets at all. he had reali done a great job. for the price we paid, we got gd workmanship n service fr him and oso the effort he has put in for the designs to suit our theme.

for those who intend to get johnny or any ids in ideal hse to help u in ur reno, u can spend some time read through my t blog n u will understand why i am so satisfied with johnny's service. :notti:

oops! hobbles187, me meant no harm, sorry if i offend you. just basing my opinion on the feedback given by forummers using ideal house. anyway, i did say must see quote mah, never say expensive = better. plus i alrady made appt with them le. see how after i got the quote...

anyway have a good reno experience with ideal!

No worries, I'm not offended in any way! :notti:

I just firmly believe that expensive does not equals good. I'm sure that there are value for money deals waiting for us everywhere... It depends on whether we're able to sniff around and find them!

Cheap and good is rare and you must be lucky. Expensive and crap however is very common.

This is so true!

Edited by hobbes187

In general,

Paying more or less does not have any bearing on whether a house will be renovated in a good and usable condition. or not

The best material in the hands of a lousy worker will still result in a lousy piece of work

The cheap material in the hands of a craftsman could end up with a masterpiece.

Cheap and good is rare and you must be lucky. Expensive and crap however is very common. So never based opinion on just the price.

Well said!! :yamseng:

Hihi... did anyone do concrete support for sink under Ideal Hse? Reason i asked was some contractors does not do/advise us not to... which we have to drop subsequently. :notti:

Hihi... did anyone do concrete support for sink under Ideal Hse? Reason i asked was some contractors does not do/advise us not to... which we have to drop subsequently. :P

Hi skywolf,

We are going to do the concrete support, reasoning being, wood will become soft over the years. It is more advisable to do concrete support. My mum's and in-law's place are all using concrete support... !!

Hi skywolf,

We are going to do the concrete support, reasoning being, wood will become soft over the years. It is more advisable to do concrete support. My mum's and in-law's place are all using concrete support... !!

Hi Mrs Png,

Thanks! Possible to share how much the concrete support was quoted to you? Or you can pm me if it's not so convenient to post. :notti: Thinking of swopping some items in their packages; so need a rough idea the item cost... then we wun seem to be too "guo-feng" when we are deciding what to swop for. :P