Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Guest our-home

Met with Peter from Ideal yesterday. Will get his quote end of this week. Seems like an ok guy, not too pushy, gave some good suggestions/advice as we have a tight budget. Also met with John of Kohong bcoz recommended by relative. Will also get his quote end of this week, then can compare. He's service-oriented, listened more than suggest, so we'll see what happens ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Juz wanna share my experience with Ideal House. Job started November and the handover was delayed for 2 weeks plus..

Overall experience is quite alright, i would say, economy price gets economy standard.. (of coz i'm not saying that high price promised good job lah.. at least the quality of parts used may be better ones).

I chose them based on the critics in this website but realised tht they're alittle over-rated! Besides competitive price, the rest are (to me) not up to the standard i'm looking for. It's barely 1 month since i move in, some of the items are starting to show it's age (breaking down or needs replacement).

I was promised using their 'BEST' carpenter but turn out that there're many 'problems' with them. The work quality is definitely not the 'BEST'. Maybe it's the pre-CNY rush, i'm not sure, but definitely disappointed with the carpentry work. There're stuff that they are coming back to replace/re-do after the CNY. Pardon for not listing down the 'problems' as it might be unfair to Ideal Hse, as this may be juz 1 off case..

I'm not saying Ideal Hse is no good, but they're just 'ok' to me.. Therefore juz wanna remind all the reno-firm-seeker that any firm u choose has the risk, unless you have close relatives/friends' recommendation, then it's a better assurance. Think as long as there's no major hicupps, that's blessing already, right.. :P

As for K himself, he's nice and response to every call and amend every mistakes quickly. But he's too busy and have too many projects (pre-CNY) going on and sometime makes him confused..

Not really regret using them, his floor tilers are very good and K has given me some good design ideas, also used nice laminates for my TV feature wall.. and i have a beautiful toilet (all my visitors commended tht).. :dunno:

Lastly, best wishes for all starting their reno.. Pay more attention, visit site more often. It's hardwork but worth it..

Sorry to hear about some of the problems you faced. I was a bit skeptical about the rave reviews they got, but wanted to check them anyway, when I contact Mr K at end of the month. Anyway, do you mind letting me know what was done and how much you spent? Apologies if you have posted that before.

Edited by caDAVEr

Sorry to hear about some of the problems you faced. I was a bit skeptical about the rave reviews they got, but wanted to check them anyway, when I contact Mr K at end of the month. Anyway, do you mind letting me know what was done and how much you spent? Apologies if you have posted that before.

it wasn't tht bad lah.. so far it was only minor things starts to give way, but still feels disappointed coz i used them less than a month only. They're also suppose to re-do some carpentry work (which i felt time wasted waiting for the workers to come and measure and later installation again).

I spent almost 40K+. I've done EVERYTHING. It's a resale unit, therefore all tiles (wall & flr), existing carpentry, everything is tear down and done up new.. the list will be too long to show up here.. :bangwall:

it wasn't tht bad lah.. so far it was only minor things starts to give way, but still feels disappointed coz i used them less than a month only. They're also suppose to re-do some carpentry work (which i felt time wasted waiting for the workers to come and measure and later installation again).

I spent almost 40K+. I've done EVERYTHING. It's a resale unit, therefore all tiles (wall & flr), existing carpentry, everything is tear down and done up new.. the list will be too long to show up here.. :D

Would be nice if you could post some pictures here. :P

My carpentry will be up this week... hope it will turn out ok... :D

i believe tat there always will be some probs during reno. for my case i hv already expected them especially if we want the reno to be completed b4 CNY. i do face probs after the reno but my id johnny also fr ideal hse soon rectify them. but still not veri major so i can still tahan during CNY when we move in. like the glass door at the kitchen can't close properly, some scratches on my laminate, no switch at my dressing table for my hair dryer.

all these got to wait after CNY coz workers all on holiday. few days after the CNY when the workers hv already started work, johnny is the one who call me up to arrange for the rectification. we did not want to cal him cox we believe he is busy after CNY. but he's reali efficient and cal us to arrange. we reali appreciate his eagerness to get things done for us.

all are done except for the laminate flooring now. at first we oni wanted some touch up but johnny told us tat if we reali can't tahan those scratches, he told us not to paisei. he will ask the workers to change the laminate for us. we reali appreciate his words as the hse is already hand over to us.

so i believe ids fr ideal hse do hv their standards and after service. at least i hv already met with one. :D

and up to now, i been receiving compliments from my frens n relatives who been coming to our hse complimenting on the designs and workmanship. :D

Not to discredit Mr K, i think he has been very accomodative to last minute change in ideas (wife and i are rather fickle). So far experience with him is pretty ok - he is fast & responsive, and we are still on schedule. :D

Hi can you please PM me Mr K's hp contact number? Thanks!

Yeah.. u got pm

Hi all, anyone mind pm-ing me Mr K's contact details?

Thanks in advance :dribble:

Yo, u got pm too...

Not to discredit Mr K, i think he has been very accomodative to last minute change in ideas (wife and i are rather fickle). So far experience with him is pretty ok - he is fast & responsive, and we are still on schedule. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi lithiumix,

me also looking ard for an id.....can u pm me Mr K HP? Thxs!! :notti: