Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

My house is near completion. Went up to check today and wowwwee....

Things are coming to the final phase now (about 75% done). Feature wall, cabinets for the toilets and kitchen were done up too. Handover is on the 22nd Dec. Will be updating my blog with new photos soon. Check out my blog if you are interested.

We will to share our experience and feedback with Ideal house so far.

Started off with visiting 7 IDs, only 2 IDS offer reasonable quotation of which one from Ideal House.

We chose Ideal House because all the items listed in their quotation are really neccessary for your new home and not "Run Run Lai" (anyhow Hamtum) and the concept given during the presentation are logical and make sense. Why we say that was because the concept provided by another ID who was competing with Ideal house at that time was rejected by HDB after we went to check it out by ourselves. In short, Ideal House (Mr K in this case) is knowledgeable of his work and is confident of what he proposed will sure get the HDB approval. Imagine you confirm everything and the whole design has to change at the very last minute. Really dampen one's siprit if it really happen all because of the ID wanting to prove his concept is "special". Really not worth.

We feel very lucky and happy to engage Mr K as our ID. Renovating your dream home can be exhausting, stressful and "dangerous" (if the ID wrap up and "Balik Kampong"). However, this is not the case for us. In fact, we enjoy the whole process very much. There is never a heated moment between us and Mr K. Things that screwed up will be fixed at the shortest time. Really thanks to Mr K who is committed to deliver the best for his customers.

As for free gift, well... we are lucky cos we got a free basin and wooden frame mirror for our common toilet. We didn't expect that but guess it's a friendly gesture from Mr K.

Honestly speaking, the material that Mr K chose for us are quality stuff. A dollar for a dollar, so "pai seh" if still ask for more.

Congrats to anyone who has recently signed up with Mr K or commencing renovation soon. Rest assure that Ideal House will make your dream home not only come true but very very nice also. We went through it so can comment a bit lah.

I'm the "Kan jeong" type.I check out the progress of our house about 3 days a week. As for the workmanship, the contractors he chose to do up your house all deliver quality works.

We are not in favour to praise Mr K but these are just honest feedback and word of appreciation from us.

Hope this help for those who are in the midst of considering Ideal house service.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

3 days a week is call kan jeong? how about my wife and me who visit everyday ??

(since my parents live only few blocks away..) haha..

agreed with taiji...He, who resolve issues asap, deserved our words of commendation !

Hi,

My house is near completion. Went up to check today and wowwwee....

Things are coming to the final phase now (about 75% done). Feature wall, cabinets for the toilets and kitchen were done up too. Handover is on the 22nd Dec. Will be updating my blog with new photos soon. Check out my blog if you are interested.

We will to share our experience and feedback with Ideal house so far.

Started off with visiting 7 IDs, only 2 IDS offer reasonable quotation of which one from Ideal House.

We chose Ideal House because all the items listed in their quotation are really neccessary for your new home and not "Run Run Lai" (anyhow Hamtum) and the concept given during the presentation are logical and make sense. Why we say that was because the concept provided by another ID who was competing with Ideal house at that time was rejected by HDB after we went to check it out by ourselves. In short, Ideal House (Mr K in this case) is knowledgeable of his work and is confident of what he proposed will sure get the HDB approval. Imagine you confirm everything and the whole design has to change at the very last minute. Really dampen one's siprit if it really happen all because of the ID wanting to prove his concept is "special". Really not worth.

We feel very lucky and happy to engage Mr K as our ID. Renovating your dream home can be exhausting, stressful and "dangerous" (if the ID wrap up and "Balik Kampong"). However, this is not the case for us. In fact, we enjoy the whole process very much. There is never a heated moment between us and Mr K. Things that screwed up will be fixed at the shortest time. Really thanks to Mr K who is committed to deliver the best for his customers.

As for free gift, well... we are lucky cos we got a free basin and wooden frame mirror for our common toilet. We didn't expect that but guess it's a friendly gesture from Mr K.

Honestly speaking, the material that Mr K chose for us are quality stuff. A dollar for a dollar, so "pai seh" if still ask for more.

Congrats to anyone who has recently signed up with Mr K or commencing renovation soon. Rest assure that Ideal House will make your dream home not only come true but very very nice also. We went through it so can comment a bit lah.

I'm the "Kan jeong" type.I check out the progress of our house about 3 days a week. As for the workmanship, the contractors he chose to do up your house all deliver quality works.

We are not in favour to praise Mr K but these are just honest feedback and word of appreciation from us.

Hope this help for those who are in the midst of considering Ideal house service.

Hi Taiji,

Wondering if U get 3D drawing for Ur bathroom, bcos when we ask for it Mr K annswer that usually he never provide 3D drawing for bathroom, as it's difficult to scan the colour of tiles.

Hi all,

May I request for Mr Kenneth's contact please?

I just got my resale flat and am pretty clueless abt the whole reno process... for the case of consulting IDs, is the first appt carried out at their office or at my place? and generally, what can we expect after the first appt? as in will they prepare a design and quote for you already? appreciate someone's advise please.. Thanks!

Hi ppcc,

I am no expert in term of reno at first. However, I will like to provide you my opinion and suggestion from my experience.

Generally, I guess before you consult or engage any ID, you must first find out what kind of living concept or theme you like. This is easy by spending one afternoon at the bookshop or library by flipping through some home magazines. You'll will definitely find one or two themes that you fancy. Everything will look good in the mag but do not confuse yourself. Stay focus and choose the one you like. I personally think 2 themes are the max or you'll sway of track. Bring the magazine home so that you can show the ID what you like. Believe me that this save you and the ID lots of troubles and time later. Otherwise, the first appt will be just like a first appt with a surveyor and nothing will likely to take form because the either the ID is not fully sure of what you want at the end of the day or he is not confident to quote you then both you and the ID will be meeting many times or end up delaying your reno plan. This can be very tedious nd boring also.

For me, how I started was I took some time to compile a file (soft or hardcopy) that I will either email or fax to the ID first before I meet them. The content is as follows.

1.) Put in your address

2.) Provide your layout floor plan of your house

3.) Tell the ID how many person will be living in the house

4.) What kind of theme you like. Best if you can scan a pic and attach together. Remember, max 2 themes if not you or the ID will be confuse as there is no direction fix.

5.) Scan some pics and provide dimensions of the furnitures or electrical stuff you want to bring over to your new house if there is any. This is important and the info will allow the ID to plan out things in advance. This may help some house owner to save some money as if their furnitures or electrical (eg. normal 29" CRT TV) is still very new or recently purchased. If this is not the case, then add in comment on how your preference for the TV size (eg. LCD TV wall mount or using stand). You can also inform the ID whether what aircon system you are going after. Basically, just throw in any info you feel the ID need to know.

6.) You can also create a paragraph to summarise by describing to the ID what living style or concept you want. For example, " We are a small family consist of 3 members. We want our house to look big and spacious and we prefer the house to have a warm feel. Wood lamination for the bedrooms flooring and tiles for the LVR and kitchen. The colour prefer are tobacca brown (usually for resort theme) or white for modern living theme." Again, just give your thoughts here as much as possible

7.) Put down also your budget (No need to feel pai seh just put down a reasonable figure. Usually if your house is a new HDB 4 to 5 room only need to touch up the flooring and carpentry. You may want to choose the standard package from the reno firm for about less than S$20K. If it is a resale house, prepare to pay more as more has to be done. I will say 30 to 40K for 4 to 5 room house.)

8.) Put down also your expected completion date (please buffer other completion date in case the ID cannot commit). This is very important so that the ID can check his schedule if not it will be a mess if everything are taking shape and last minute he tell you he can't do it due to crashes with other handover dates from his other on going projects)

8.) After you finish compiling the file, you can choose to email, fax or even bring the hardcopy to meet the ID. This method will help to let you stay focus in your discussion and believe me the ID will be able to stay focus with you as well and everything will go smoother (like getting faster quotation).

9.) You may also like to email or fax to other shortlisted IDs of your choice. This is more effective as you can listen to more IDs opinion or compare quotes. But be careful, some IDs "ToK' people because of the reputation of their company or when they see you are new bird so that they can get more commission for themselves. So, be steady. try out my method so that you are always taking control of the situation and your thinking will always be in an orderly manner.

10.) Quotated price can sometime meet your budget but mostly will come back (yeah... don't be surprised) with 10K or higher than your budget. At his point, don't rush and verify with the ID you feel comfortable with or want to give him a chance to check out what material he choose for your house or feedback to him that you got lower quote from other ID (if you manage to find one) with similar offer. Sometime, they will give in if the ID themselves like to work for you. Then the decision will all up to you now. (I approached 7 IDs. Only 2 met my budget. Ideal House won because Mr K quoted us with the most reasonable price and his concept (eg. hacking some wall etc will sure get approval from HDB)

So ID will come to meet you while some need you to go to their company. I prefer to go to their office in this case because they got all the stuff (like colours, materials) ready to show or using graphic to show you how things will look like if you have a problem sometime to understand what the ID mean.

Wah lau, a bit long winded. I hope my suggestion helps

Edited by taiji

Hi Taiji

Thanks so much for your advice!! Very helpful for a newbie. Would you be able to pass me Mr K's number pls? Very keen to meet him after reading all the good reviews here =) :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Taiji,

Can I have Mr K's contact as well? Thanks.

Can some please give me Ideal house contact.

Please email to ukonudula@yahoo.com, What is this PM service? how does that work?

thanks

Hi Taiji, very new to the forum and looking for IDs for my new flat, can I have Mr K's contact details as well.

Thanks

(Thanks for the suggestions you wrote....It will definitely be helpful)

Hi Taiji, very new to the forum and looking for IDs for my new flat, can I have Mr K's contact details as well.

Thanks

(Thanks for the suggestions you wrote....It will definitely be helpful)

Send u liao

Thanks silver88 for Mr K's contact

Paid my deposit and now waitin for the first design...

well i can say K is a very busy man. not easy to get an appointment.

as of now his service is still up to standard.

price is reasonable...

Edited by wireless