Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi anyone has use Melvin form Ideal house b4? Can comment on his work or post any pict done from the company. Thanks

I did! I posted lots of photos of my place done by Melvin. Just go to page 4 and you will find my post or do a search. :)

Edited by Cedric

I did! I posted lots of photos of my place done by Melvin. Just go to page 4 and you will find my post or do a search. :P

Seem like only u done by Melvin only, how abt the rest?

I just sign up with Mr K. Find that his quotes are reasonable, the one that meet our budget (the rest of the ID quoted us 10k above). Most importantly, we feel very comfortable with him. He portrayed experience and confidence as well as he is very approachable and patience. Always ready to answers my questions after questions.

I just sign up with Mr K. Find that his quotes are reasonable, the one that meet our budget (the rest of the ID quoted us 10k above). Most importantly, we feel very comfortable with him. He portrayed experience and confidence as well as he is very approachable and patience. Always ready to answers my questions after questions.

Congrats to you Prime. Before I signed up with Mr.K. I checked out 6 other IDs and 4 (which I kinda like their concept) came back with about $12K abve what Mr.K quoted me.

Anyway, just completed my tiles selection with Mr.K yesterday. Talking about professionalism and service, I think Mr.K has it all.

You see, everything were planned out well until we realise one of our bedroom door is facing directly at our main entrance door. My parents strongly objected to it as it was bad for fengshui. The renovation permit was already granted based on the first layout and we need to re-apply for a new reno permit for re-positioning the bedroom door. Fortunately, Mr.K who has always been patience and approachable told us that he will re-apply the permit again and will take care of our new request. I think this is really really nice and cool of him.

Another nice thing was, during our tiles selection. We are supposed to choose the colour and type that we like which are priced at $2.80. Both me and my wife saw something that we like but cost slightly more. To our surprise, Mr.K came along and told us that it was ok as our toilets are pretty small so we can go for it if we like it. I mean he could have just keep quiet but he really goes all out to help his customers by maximising their money fully.

At this point, I cannot comment further about the final results from the reno but both me and my wife feel very comfortable with Mr.K. We are especially appreciative for his kind gestures and attention given to us so far. :notti:

I've taken many photos of my house showing its original condition before the "big" work. Hacking will commence very soon. I will create a blog soon and share with you guys the final results of my house.

Cheers

Congrats to you Prime. Before I signed up with Mr.K. I checked out 6 other IDs and 4 (which I kinda like their concept) came back with about $12K abve what Mr.K quoted me.

Anyway, just completed my tiles selection with Mr.K yesterday. Talking about professionalism and service, I think Mr.K has it all.

You see, everything were planned out well until we realise one of our bedroom door is facing directly at our main entrance door. My parents strongly objected to it as it was bad for fengshui. The renovation permit was already granted based on the first layout and we need to re-apply for a new reno permit for re-positioning the bedroom door. Fortunately, Mr.K who has always been patience and approachable told us that he will re-apply the permit again and will take care of our new request. I think this is really really nice and cool of him.

Another nice thing was, during our tiles selection. We are supposed to choose the colour and type that we like which are priced at $2.80. Both me and my wife saw something that we like but cost slightly more. To our surprise, Mr.K came along and told us that it was ok as our toilets are pretty small so we can go for it if we like it. I mean he could have just keep quiet but he really goes all out to help his customers by maximising their money fully.

At this point, I cannot comment further about the final results from the reno but both me and my wife feel very comfortable with Mr.K. We are especially appreciative for his kind gestures and attention given to us so far. :notti:

I've taken many photos of my house showing its original condition before the "big" work. Hacking will commence very soon. I will create a blog soon and share with you guys the final results of my house.

Cheers

I wish to know abt Melvin, seem like only Mr K is popular

I wish to know abt Melvin, seem like only Mr K is popular

Well, I had similar experience with Melvin. During tiles selection, he allowed us to choose something above the "allowed" price. He even let me choose a couple of mosaic tiles to be used in the toilet without charging us.

Melvin has gone out of the way to help us save money on several occasion with electricals allowing me to choose more than the "allowed" number of paint colour, etc.

In summary, he really listens to you. He brought us to a few of his client's places to show us the quality of his work. Out of the 10+ IDs we spoke to, he was the only one who listened to us and kept to our budget. So for whats it's worth, you can count on Melvin!

Hi all

Just wanna ask u guys about the designs from Ideal House (whether it be K or Melvin or someone else). Does the id give a lot of design ideas for your flat? Whether in the initial stages or during the reno itself...

Hi all

Just wanna ask u guys about the designs from Ideal House (whether it be K or Melvin or someone else). Does the id give a lot of design ideas for your flat? Whether in the initial stages or during the reno itself...

Hi SherryT,

IMO, before you engage any ID. It is always good that you have a theme in mind. It will be a whole lot easier and smoother when you talk to them. Since a direction has been set, the ID will be able to start fast and pour out their ideas and concept pertaining to your preference. So you have more choices of proposed design and concepts later to choose from and not swaying out of track since everything is still based on the theme you prefer.

On the other hand, if you want to leave all the designing works and proposed concept to the ID. I honestly think that either you have to give more time and be super patience (as finding the right choice for a person can be time consuming. The process can be very boring and dry too if it drags on too long) or hardworking by visiting some of their existing projects (you can ask to visit those of the similar apartmant type or layout so as to save time)

For me, How I started off was I draft out all the nice photos based on the theme I like (you can go for 2 themes concurrently if you wish) I saw from mags and compile them in a file (you can also add in your hse floorplan, any furnitiures that you wish to re-use etc). Then I just email out to all the IDs and follow up with them for replies. In my case, I got all the replies (including quotations) quite fast as the IDs is able to judge, think and provide quotation at one shot. Some even will invite you to view their 3D perspectives. This way, things will go in orderly manner as you have amber time to consider things along the way as your mind is clear and not missing out anything ue to impulsiveness and mad rush (we have to juggle between our daily work and the reno. if you know what I mean)

Hope this answer to your question.

Edited by taiji

Hi all

Hmm...abit hard to comment on this. My ID was K. But my hb & i were very clear abt wat we wan. So i cannt reali say if he gives alot of design ideas. We werent hapi with the first 3D (dat time haven place deposit or cfm him at all yet) as we didnt tell him dat we were looking for clean simple white kinda pattern. Then all 3D drawings dat followed later, were all accepted by us.

I agree with Taiji. U shld noe wat u like too as its ur flat & u'll b the one living in it. One thing for sure, K was smart & practical. If got prob areas (like kitchen layout or aircon pipings), he will think of solutions on the spot. His technical knowledge is pretty good so certain designs with potential probs, he will let u noe. At first, my hb wanted to mount tv on feature wall. But i tink its a waste of $. But i feel paiseh to tell K i dun wan the feature wall as i juz wan my tv to sit normally on the tv console. The moment i tell him i dun wan to mount, he told us dat then there is no need for feature wall cos waste $. So i tink, u have to ah gar ah gar noe ur own preferences else watever the IDs propose, u also wont be pleased....

I think I went thru exactly the same good experience as Taiji did...

Mr K, seems to be Mr OK in everything.. :D

he even provided after sales support....something wrong with one of the electrical socket and switch, and he came with the electrician to fix it.. :dunno:

Anyone has experience with Max and Steven from Ideal House?

I asked for Mr K but got assigned to them instead. Mr K say Steven was his shifu

Anyone care to share their experiences?