Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

i wish to shared my experience that their materials used is quite bad, my kitchen cabinet the glue is not sticked to the cabinet, it came out within a few months after i shifted in,contractor came and glue is once but now whole piece is sticking it out (Design and fabricate Top & Bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finish c/w ABS Trimming solid ply doors),toilet shower screen rubber loose(Supply and install 10mmTHK clear tempered glass shower srceen c/w 1fixed, 1swing panel at common bathroom),started to grow mold at the sip on the ends,painted cracked in walls(Painting of whole unit uising ICI/Nippon paint c/w ( 5 + 1 ) colour), started to have patches at L-box (Supply & install fibrous plaster L-box for living hall area) and it happens to my friend who is using them too....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All,

i wish to shared my experience that their materials used is quite bad, my kitchen cabinet the glue is not sticked to the cabinet, it came out within a few months after i shifted in,contractor came and glue is once but now whole piece is sticking it out (Design and fabricate Top & Bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finish c/w ABS Trimming solid ply doors),toilet shower screen rubber loose(Supply and install 10mmTHK clear tempered glass shower srceen c/w 1fixed, 1swing panel at common bathroom),started to grow mold at the sip on the ends,painted cracked in walls(Painting of whole unit uising ICI/Nippon paint c/w ( 5 + 1 ) colour), started to have patches at L-box (Supply & install fibrous plaster L-box for living hall area) and it happens to my friend who is using them too....

May I know who's your ID?

Mine is finally completed 2 days back Monday....2 weeks delay.

I have to agree the woodworks is not good...i dont know about the materials yet but the people installing the pieces...really headaches....you have to be there daily to check their works done for the day.

I have requested for changes to the cabinets and wardrobes due to them not up to my requirement.

My ID change for me whatever i want changed so i have nothing to complain yet...let's hope the materials stay good.

Why didnt you get your ID to change whatever that is sticking out after a few months? i believed there should be a year of warranty at least...

i also left final 10% but work still rushing. In fact, we left some work to be fix when we move in (ID considered some damage to the wall and painting during the moving).

So far so good.

Mine's not Steven though.

same for mine...left 10% and work is rushing all the way and changes as well but finally completed this week....my ID also considered damage to the wall painting and will do touch up painting after the moving,..

Mine is Steven...

Hi Clive,

I was dealing with Steven & my reno is almost complete. I regretted using Ideal House ID although was recommended by my friend. At the beginning he was very enthusiastic & was very fast with his replies but towards the end, he seemed not to be too bothered and hardly supervised the works. The workers made a lot of mistakes. Perhaps his communication was not clear & he forgets a lot of details. And when I'm just left with the 10% balance of my payment, suddenly he said I have to top up $1k+ for extra rewiring work. He could have informed me when the rewiring work was going on & not wait until the whole project is almost complete! I am really pissed. Seriously he is not very attentive and seems to have a lot of projects in hand & can't handle everything at the same time.

Hi budgetbabe,

mine is also Steven and my reno just completed..

since yours is almost completed, he could be doing both our houses at the same time...lol..

yes, his responses are very fast and prompt but the works slow down week 8 onwards...especially the woodworks.

did you check the works done daily?

i did and found many mistakes done by the glass guys and especially the carpenters....

have complained and my ID get them changed....

would suggest to keep an eye on the carpenters...if you found any mistakes on the day, complain to your ID and get it changed the next day.

if you checked after a week, high chance changing to the cabinets/ wardrobes is harder.

I think all IDs are the same, you cant expect them to work on your house only....they confirmed will have a few projects on hand..it's up to them to manage the schedule of each.

if they cant managed then dont take on so many...as lousy work will reflect on their reputation.

Hi monk8,

ID is Sean. Yes he did get contractor to come and touch-up but after a year back to usual...no more warranty after 1 year...

oh...okie...i have to take note of my carpentry as well and hopefully nothing goes wrong when staying...

Hi monk8,

ID is Sean. Yes he did get contractor to come and touch-up but after a year back to usual...no more warranty after 1 year...

Hi Sallychiang6349

can share some pics of the carpentry work done which is faulty?

Mine is done. So far the carpentary work still acceptable. Yes, the glass works has many mistake but nevertheless, rectification was done promptly.

Bits of touching up is being carried out now as the mover destroyed some painting and chip-off to my walls. All in all, i am very happy with the whole process.

i am sure they have different sets of carpenters, electrician, tilers, plumber etc. So if you are showned with certain completed project, try to make sure your ID engage the same groupies for your scope.

Mine is done. So far the carpentary work still acceptable. Yes, the glass works has many mistake but nevertheless, rectification was done promptly.

Bits of touching up is being carried out now as the mover destroyed some painting and chip-off to my walls. All in all, i am very happy with the whole process.

i am sure they have different sets of carpenters, electrician, tilers, plumber etc. So if you are showned with certain completed project, try to make sure your ID engage the same groupies for your scope.

Hi heavy

Can share some picture of the work ID house had done? I am about to sign with them.

Thanks

ya..the glass works had many mistakes....out of 5 glass doors...i have 3 changed due to cracks...1 more still pending whether to change or not as it's a black mark across..sigh....

i do really hope they have different sets of carpenters....if they dont, i sure will not recommend my relatives who do solely woodworks to them....

tilers they have are good...so for those redoing the floors, can consider...but monitor the carpentry if they use solely 1 company..

Edited by monk8

am new to RT....looking for IDs now..can anyone PM me Melvin & Kevin contact?

thks in advance smile.gif

hi riorio, how about give derrick a try. He was not my 1st choice but when i got him, he is very good and precise with his work. I stay 2 years in my hse and still contact him if there any default in my hse. derrick hp: 98529655

I've been following this forum for quite a while. Finally decide to post my experience with Ideal House.

I think Ideal House has 3 ID altogether and i engaged Zack for my reno. I was initially sceptical about it as he's quite young and his quote not being the lowest from other co. It has been 1.5mth into my reno and i must say i am very impressed with his dedication and service.

I am a main-con myself many years ago. So i briefly know how this trade works. Not only was i happy with the workmanship (so far), but also the way he planned and shared with me the work progress and schedule. I have a summary sheet that clearly showed which day what job will be done. So far, all still in schedule. Along the way, he made some alteration that improves functionality and aesthetic of my design. I was surprise that he did not charge me extra for it!

i am in no way connected to his company. Just wanted to share my experience since i read so much good things here. And i know, finding a right ID can sometime be a tough task.

Hi can pm me zack's contact? Seems like good feedback from ur post..Many thanks!!