Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

My Modern Zen 2-Room 35sqm (Type 1) HDB BTO Apartment Renovation Journey

51 minutes ago, mmoh said:

when the morning sun is so shiny and bright, I dun mind the clothes to help block the sunlight. of course it is unsightly when there is visitors but then the chances of having laundry (in the early morning) + visitor is so low that it is negligible for me. But then that is for me. Since you dun need sunlight, then the ceiling rack will be good.

the down side of retractable clothesline (eg. those in hotel) is: it will not be a straight line after hanging the hangers as the weight will pull the hangers to the center and it becomes V-shaped instead. Hope you understand what I am trying to explain... :P

Oh maybe I phrase wrongly.

I dun mean clothesline as in a line.

I was referring if there is a smaller version of the ceiling retractable one that hdb gave.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
2 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Oh maybe I phrase wrongly.

I dun mean clothesline as in a line.

I was referring if there is a smaller version of the ceiling retractable one that hdb gave.

oic, sorry to misunderstood. and yes I do think that there are various type of laundry rack in the market.

@MsBunny got 1. Let me check with her which company she got it from.

Ok, she got hers from Ezzi Living http://www.ezziliving.com/

Not sure if any of their model suits ur requirement.

Edited by mmoh

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

oic, sorry to misunderstood. and yes I do think that there are various type of laundry rack in the market.

@MsBunny got 1. Let me check with her which company she got it from.

Ok, she got hers from Ezzi Living http://www.ezziliving.com/

Not sure if any of their model suits ur requirement.

NICE!!! Thats a great suggestion!
This EZ Hi-dry (Black Series) they have looks like something that'll fit nicely in my kitchen!
5926f5ba33785_EZHi-DryBlackSeries-500x500.jpg.baf428e299aac578b5df700bc14d7bd2.jpg

Thanks for these useful info, i am overwhelmed when my friend gave me a "tutorial" on renov stuff, gonna get my appartment next year and I don't have a clue where to start. i found your write up so useful though the layout is slightly different and i might have a bit of difficulty with the toilet to begin with. Anyways please update more often.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

Thanks for these useful info, i am overwhelmed when my friend gave me a "tutorial" on renov stuff, gonna get my appartment next year and I don't have a clue where to start. i found your write up so useful though the layout is slightly different and i might have a bit of difficulty with the toilet to begin with. Anyways please update more often.

Thanks for visiting! :D
I'll definitely update as often as I can.

Because I haven't even got my keys yet, updates are coming slower.
Once I've gotten my keys, (assuming July-August 2017) I'm pretty sure updates will be more regular.

Thanks again for visiting! :D

Edited by ryanyth

New Entry: Blog Entry Date: 20th June 2017 Tuesday
Blog has been updated.
Not a nice entry i might add....:(

Edited by ryanyth

On 5/9/2017 at 11:28 PM, ryanyth said:

People who have done Renovation before, I have a few questions:
Does this sort of issues happen often? Do IDs often walk out of projects they engage halfway in?
Do you think this is considered a warning flag?
Should I just let go of my $500 deposit and go through the process of finding another ID all over again?
Should I stick around and see how they react?
What would YOU do in my situation?
Am I over-thinking too much?

woh, doesnt sound good. but i guess it is quite common for pple to move around. have u spoken to the id taking over? communicate your ideas again to him/her. stick around and see how first bah.

my id left few months after my reno completion and i was also not informed. it is only when i msg her for queries then she replied that she has left.

40 minutes ago, mmoh said:

woh, doesnt sound good. but i guess it is quite common for pple to move around. have u spoken to the id taking over? communicate your ideas again to him/her. stick around and see how first bah.

my id left few months after my reno completion and i was also not informed. it is only when i msg her for queries then she replied that she has left.

At least yours left after your reno was done.
Although my key collection is still at least 2 months away, I'm now very worried that if the project start, it may get abandoned halfway...
Actually all along I have been talking only to the main ID which is Jason instead of Aida, and he assured me that he is taking the job himself.
I still feel is a lack of integrity to not say anything and for Aida to just suddenly leave like that. I think for now the trust is seriously breached.

Anyway Im giving Jason until next Monday to provide my 3D drawings or any other meetings needed.
If still need to push I think I might need to find another ID. Sigh...for no reason $500 gone like dat. :(

============================================
BTW for everyone else, please be very careful if you engage an Malay Lady ID called Aida.
Her mobile number is (9***5609)
She may be now in another Interior Company now that she has left 96 Degree Designers.
Very irresponsible, just leave without informing anything.

Edited by ryanyth

sorry to hear that! maybe Jason can do your project better?

actually the company might have policy that restrict her from informing the client...

7 minutes ago, izong said:

sorry to hear that! maybe Jason can do your project better?

actually the company might have policy that restrict her from informing the client...

Thanks for your reply :)
All along I trust Jason because he has had very good rapport with me and is the only person i was conversing with.
But yea, I feel the trust is now quite eroded due to this incident. He'll have to regain the trust again.
I suppose I can't blame him since he's not the person who left, but as a Manager, shouldn't be like this right?

Sigh...here i was thinking why not just handsfree let them do their thing i dun disturb them.
I guess IDs really must push and push then they'll respond.

Policy to restrict her informing client that she's exiting the project?
Thats a very strange policy if you tell me. Wouldn't it be better to be honest to the client then keep client in the dark?
Is this practised by all Interior Companies?

Edited by ryanyth

26 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Thanks for your reply :)
All along I trust Jason because he has had very good rapport with me and is the only person i was conversing with.
But yea, I feel the trust is now quite eroded due to this incident. He'll have to regain the trust again.
I suppose I can't blame him since he's not the person who left, but as a Manager, shouldn't be like this right?

Sigh...here i was thinking why not just handsfree let them do their thing i dun disturb them.
I guess IDs really must push and push then they'll respond.

Policy to restrict her informing client that she's exiting the project?
Thats a very strange policy if you tell me. Wouldn't it be better to be honest to the client then keep client in the dark?
Is this practised by all Interior Companies?

Some are worried that the ID will bring the clients to new company. so they are not allowed to inform clients if or when they leave. 

at least yours have not started yet. if you do not feel comfortable, take it that $500 is for all the tiles + laminate shopping fee. so if you choose another ID, then no need to start all over again. but if you still trust jason, then continue with him. 

from here, you can read a lot of t-blogs of all type of ID or contractors that don't do what they said during meet ups. that is why other than beauty salon, i think ID/contractors get the most complaints by CASE. :bangwall:

hope you will make the decision most comfortable for you. All the best!!!! keep us updated....

Just now, May_dream1 said:

Some are worried that the ID will bring the clients to new company. so they are not allowed to inform clients if or when they leave. 

at least yours have not started yet. if you do not feel comfortable, take it that $500 is for all the tiles + laminate shopping fee. so if you choose another ID, then no need to start all over again. but if you still trust jason, then continue with him. 

from here, you can read a lot of t-blogs of all type of ID or contractors that don't do what they said during meet ups. that is why other than beauty salon, i think ID/contractors get the most complaints by CASE. :bangwall:

hope you will make the decision most comfortable for you. All the best!!!! keep us updated....

Thanks guys for all your advices.
Hmm...it does make sense that ID may bring clients to new company hence the silence.
Maybe i'm overthinking it. Sigh.

I'm still very comfortable with Jason handling my project because of my good rapport with him and honestly
i'm abit tired of going thru the process of hunting a new ID all over again who may or may not do the same thing. :( 

Looking for ID is indeed a stressful thing lol...

7 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Thanks guys for all your advices.
Hmm...it does make sense that ID may bring clients to new company hence the silence.
Maybe i'm overthinking it. Sigh.

I'm still very comfortable with Jason handling my project because of my good rapport with him and honestly
i'm abit tired of going thru the process of hunting a new ID all over again who may or may not do the same thing. :( 

Looking for ID is indeed a stressful thing lol...

ya, you are going to spend a lot of money on reno, that is why a lot of effort are needed to look for the correct person to do your reno. 

other than buying the flat itself, would be the reno that cost the most. i spent nearly 50k on reno, excluding all the furniture and electrical goods....... this is not a decision to be made lightly.... 

• Like 1

Hey Ryan, sorry to read about your ID troubles.. I came here hoping to read your blog for some exciting new progress.. 

Oh well... I hope you sit down with the ID Jason and have good talk... this ID firm has been promoting their service in west ridges FB group, if they really give you a sloppy response and start going M.I.A. on you, pls do share with me, I will definately have to warn my FB group on their tardy service.  Like one of my future neighbor in the group said,

"words can kill, they better do a good job or we will make sure we spread the word to new home owners"

On 24/06/2017 at 0:25 AM, RuFus58 said:

Hey Ryan, sorry to read about your ID troubles.. I came here hoping to read your blog for some exciting new progress.. 

Oh well... I hope you sit down with the ID Jason and have good talk... this ID firm has been promoting their service in west ridges FB group, if they really give you a sloppy response and start going M.I.A. on you, pls do share with me, I will definately have to warn my FB group on their tardy service.  Like one of my future neighbor in the group said,

"words can kill, they better do a good job or we will make sure we spread the word to new home owners"

Thanks Rufus.
Yea i'm gonna have a serious talk with Jason about this. (I wonder if they read this blog lol, i told him I will be blogging tho)
Actually throughout the entire time I had with them, Aida never contributed anything,
it was only Jason and me discussing so at least it still isn't so bad. (I suspect she was understudy or something)

Still, this incident does make me worried if Jason himself will go AWOL. Have to see how the next meetup will be like.

Edited by ryanyth