Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junye

Semper Fedelis 2007

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi joyz!

our customary is v near each other!! ours' 8mths and 26days! heh

hapi reno-ing to u!

oh? so did you drop by the sgbrides thread for dec'07 BTBs? hehe. so you are also a dec BTB! :)

oh? so did you drop by the sgbrides thread for dec'07 BTBs? hehe. so you are also a dec BTB! :bangwall:

i did!:huh: but im not active there, the thread moves too fast 4mi!:( everynte i log on, i haf to read alot of baklogs b4 i can catch up... i gave up after a while :notti:

Hi odie! and hi everyone :bangwall:

Hi bluberi, are u on Dec 07 sgbrides forum too?

i thnk i've seen ur nick around in that thread. heh

Vainpot, yeah... mi in Dec07 sgbrides forum. u there too? mi same AD as u leh. wats ur nick there?

Joyz, u also Dec07 BTB? wats ur nick in sgbrides?

Edited by bluberi

Hmmm Feng shui ah? I'm not very pang tang leh.

ms vainpot mum is though. =X

not pang tang then saves you a lot of money :notti:

many older generation aunties/uncles see this type of design, their face black black.

very pushy, keep wantg us to pay $500 as deposit, claiming that its meant to allow them to "start drawing" and that it is refundable. aiyo

sounds familiar.... :notti:

I just walk away when they want the $100-$500...

no suggestions no nothing and wants $$$$.

check under the renovation firms section for IDs and contractors' feedback.

vainpot, seldom see u in the dec07 bride thread leh

yehlor, coz the thread moves too fast for mi so i gave up posting thr. lol :wacko:

yehlor, coz the thread moves too fast for mi so i gave up posting thr. lol :wacko:

i see... sometimes when i didn't go in to the thread in the morning, the pages moved at lightnin speed. by the time i went in during lunch, gotta scroll thru 2-3 pages liao.

i see... sometimes when i didn't go in to the thread in the morning, the pages moved at lightnin speed. by the time i went in during lunch, gotta scroll thru 2-3 pages liao.

yehlor!:dancingqueen: when i 2-3 days no log in, i duno wat they toking liao. den muz scroll thru tons n tons of comments b4 i get bak on track. its too hard to keep up. kaka

later meetg id...... wheeeeeeeeeeeee!! but oso means we have to pay 10% of $$. *heart bleed*

our meeting with ID last sat is only a mere 3 hours!

i heard ppl take alot of time to choose and i realli wonder how cm we onli took 3 hrs choosing the laminates and tiles!!

hopefully the outcome will be good. ID says our reno is scheduled to start coming monday. super fast sia!!!

now, ID says we are to meet him this sat discuss aircon and electricity with the aircon guy & elect guy?!?! any idea wats that for? and wat shd we look out for? is there anything we shd prepare in advance.

everything is happening too fast!:notti:

i heard ppl take alot of time to choose and i realli wonder how cm we onli took 3 hrs choosing the laminates and tiles!!

hopefully the outcome will be good. ID says our reno is scheduled to start coming monday. super fast sia!!!

now, ID says we are to meet him this sat discuss aircon and electricity with the aircon guy & elect guy?!?! any idea wats that for? and wat shd we look out for? is there anything we shd prepare in advance.

:) 3 hrs is quite short time already.. sometimes can last for a long time :P

erh depends lor.. sometimes if the ID can recommend good tiles combo, and u can accept it, its can be fast. this depends on individual.. if both of u not too fussy..

aircon - usually about the trunking how it goes from room to room and try to get thicker trunking and insulation to prevent condensation..

electrical guy might be a separate charge if the ID didnt including the lighting points into the quotation.

they will charge accordingly to what u shift away etc (power point), additional power point), additional light points, storage heater point . gas electrical point for ur hod/hood.. etc.. alot .. so depends on what u do the additional cost can come from there. every light or false ceiling u put up can be counted in the electrical fee and not forgetting the workmanship too..

hope it will help u abit to understand

Hi vainpot.. if you are comfortable with the design and selection, things can be done quickly..just make sure of your selection..if not, will have headache later if need to change.. For aircon, you only will need to decide on the placement of the unit in each room..ID will need to input on the design restriction and they will also have to explaint how they run the trunking..so no homework required..

For electrical, you will need to do some homework to speed up the discussion..i.e, how many power socket, single or double and where to locate them in each room..taking into consideration the number of appliances, usage pattern, convenience etc. For lighting, have a general ideal on the common lights position.. Your ID and electrician will discuss on how to run the light bos, cove lighting.. You will also need to decide on the number of SCV and telephone point and location as well.. I did mine last night and it took 3 hours even with my advance planning.. will be fun and you will have a better ideal of the overall lighting effects.. enjoy and all the best..